Game play revamp

Olddantrucker

Re: Game play revamp

#11 Post by Olddantrucker » 28 Sep 2022 00:29

Aziz wrote: 25 Sep 2022 10:57
plykkegaard wrote: 25 Sep 2022 09:13
#BestCommunityEver said no some years back :)
As we had the wrong location in some cases and no phases always the full moon
Today we do have the moon in the sky but as new moon, first lunar phase :D
It's always the community's fault. And SCS do what they want anyway so..
Also, why there's an issue with lunar phases, like if there was a problem to make, say, 8 pictures of the moon, changing every day or two to simulate it?
And I assume the people who said no to the moon have no problem with the whole game world being stuck forever in a day in June. It's groundhog day everyone! If the day doesn't change, why would the night?
I'd love a pretty moonlight drive. It would be minimum coding required for a team as talented as SCS Software: the hardest being to get realistic pictures of the different moon phases. It seems SCS is happy just shoveling out maps instead of focusing on core content. By now we should've had ATS 2 with many features of the wishlists be mandatory. Instead we are stuck in 2014 era of truck driving. I wish I could program a truck game but one person won't work. :( It seems everybody is afraid to 'compete' these days so would rather avoid stepping on each other's toes which in reality is a bad move to avoid competition.
Optional Features

#12 Post by Optional Features » 28 Sep 2022 03:15

Olddantrucker wrote: 28 Sep 2022 00:29 I'd love a pretty moonlight drive. It would be minimum coding required for a team as talented as SCS Software: the hardest being to get realistic pictures of the different moon phases. It seems SCS is happy just shoveling out maps instead of focusing on core content. By now we should've had ATS 2 with many features of the wishlists be mandatory. Instead we are stuck in 2014 era of truck driving. I wish I could program a truck game but one person won't work. :( It seems everybody is afraid to 'compete' these days so would rather avoid stepping on each other's toes which in reality is a bad move to avoid competition.
Yeah, a lack of competition has greatly hurt this genre of sims. Think of all the racing, flight, and train sims out there. Now imagine if there was one choice for each genre, made by a developer who primarily focused on visuals (race tracks, airports, and rail routes for these examples). None of these genres would have the following they have today.
plykkegaard

#13 Post by plykkegaard » 28 Sep 2022 08:36

Olddantrucker wrote: 28 Sep 2022 00:29 It seems everybody is afraid to 'compete' these days so would rather avoid stepping on each other's toes which in reality is a bad move to avoid competition.
Nonsense
You need to invest quite a few millions to create a driving game, you need to have the license to use known brands
You can also create som fantasies with a risk of a cease and desist
Some have tried to implement bus driving game on UE but the outcome has not been convincing

Maybe this?
---

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
aderoo27

#14 Post by aderoo27 » 28 Sep 2022 18:01

I thing this new game currently in early release on Steam has potential
Attachments
The Bus.jpg
The Bus.jpg (20.15 KiB) Viewed 309 times
aderoo27

#15 Post by aderoo27 » 28 Sep 2022 18:21

Although I really appreciate every ones comments and new thoughts on ideas for the game, I am hoping that this thread stays focus on Game Play only.
What I mean by that as an example, is that adding a better moon is certainly a nice thing to have, but it will not change the way we play the game at all, thus not provide any new interaction or playing strategy.
Again, although the game has certainly great things to offer to new players, it greatly lacks of "keep me interested and keep buying DLCs" for others, and so really wish the developers spend a little more focus on game playing options and interactions versus just pick up a trailer, drive around, drop a trailer over and over again. Yes, picking up a trailer and delivering it is the core fundamental of the game as a driver, but the game grossly lacks realism on what the driver can do (rest anywhere, get out of the cab, see the trucks and trailer you own parked in or outside garage, etc, etc.).
Hopefully this request will get enough support to drive the message home.
Personally I am done playing with this game until I see some changes in this area, but will keep an eye out for updates.
I keep my fingers and toes crossed, but will not hold my breath.
Optional Features

#16 Post by Optional Features » 28 Sep 2022 19:24

Would be nice if more than just the dealers had hours. Repair shops have hours; shippers have hours; weigh stations open and close, etc.
plykkegaard

#17 Post by plykkegaard » 28 Sep 2022 21:08

... and delivery locations in general should have business hours
Should you be able to deliver 24/7 including weekends
Driving is prohibited in weekends for some european countries
Opportunities lost

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”