ATS v 1.46 speculation

Optional Features

Re: ATS v 1.46 speculation

#301 Post by Optional Features » 29 Sep 2022 07:13

Yes, many more vehicles. Eight instead of four.

But we need more than ownable car haulers. We need a cargo system that differentiates hauling cars from hauling woodchips or gasoline or soybeans. Meaning, if you arrive at a port (which need to be updated to support car imports and exports) or car dealer or car factory, you should be able to at the least position your cars using some kind of slot system (node-based load system) on your trailer. Select the slot: select what car goes there.

In a break from all previous trailers, and in an emphasis on the word simulator, we'd have the ability to "unfold" the trailer/position our ramps and levels, drive cars on and off, and select some kind of easy load securement, probably pre determined or some kind of one click to secure deal.

We shouldn't back into a dock, press E and enter, and be able to load the entire cargo library depending on what box we're towing. Right now, pretty much every trailer is the same. Nothing could be further from the realities of trucking, particularly car hauling. It has to be one of the most hands on sectors of this diverse industry.
LATrucker

#302 Post by LATrucker » 29 Sep 2022 07:57

In the social media video there seems to be a lift axle on the trailer at about 0:20:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=650707653050815
VTXcnME

#303 Post by VTXcnME » 29 Sep 2022 11:49

@seriousmods I just want to see the frame that goes on the truck added to the car hauler. I've given up on any node-based cargo system. It's beyond what SCS can do clearly, or it would have been done by now (or, our favorite dude who's obviously a genius at coding would have done it by now). Not a bash for those ready to jump on the "He hates SCS" express. Just more of a 'this clearly isn't a priority for SCS to do' kind of thing. In my petty moments, I'd imagine ETS2 would get a node based cargo system years before ATS anyway. After looking through the number of companies, the number of sub-sets in those company categories.... I'm a little disenfranchised with SCS at the moment. I know ETS2 has been out a little longer, but dang.... that disparity is MASSIVE. Which game is the favorite is pretty clear when you look at what's actually been developed for each title.

But back on point, I've given up on node based systems... just don't think SCS cares to try implementing it.

My wish? The boiled down, moderated, less enthusiastic version of hope? I just want the car hauler to look right. I want it to LOOK like a car hauler you'd actually see on the road. Similar to below:
[ external image ]

I know that's another giant, over the top, "HOW CAN YOU EVEN ASK FOR THAT!?" hope, but getting the in game trailers right is still a work in progress.
Tristman

#304 Post by Tristman » 29 Sep 2022 14:15

Yeah, the frame over the semi is why I think revised car trailers are still pretty far away, if we even get it.
flight50

#305 Post by flight50 » 29 Sep 2022 14:57

That version of car hauler is the most common yes but its that one that I do not expect. The one I posted here is what we should at least get though. viewtopic.php?p=1354019#p1354019. Its still a big improvement to the one we have. The dedicated one is a ton of work and requires every truck to be modified. I mostly see 389, older Volvo's and 4900's as car haulers but it could be anything. I don't think SCS has time for the dedicated one. Much easier to just keep it with the normal 5th wheel we have now, just improve it.

Believe it or not, the car hauler that we have is more common than I first though. The past year, I've seen a ton of them in DFW. The dedicated haulers are more or less for new car dealership but the detachable trailer version can go for all types of uses...new, pre-owned or salvage.

Thinking we get the dedicated one is only setting up for disappointment. The reason I say the car hauler needs to come with Texas is not the dedicated version, its the same version we have but longer so that it holds more cars and bring more variety. I'm sure 55sixxx was thinking I was talking about the dedicated version coming with Texas which is why he debated it. Not a chance in my opinion for the dedicated one. Too much work, involves tweaking too many truck chassis. The KISS method is what SCS does if or when we get a new hauler.
VTXcnME

#306 Post by VTXcnME » 29 Sep 2022 15:20

Well, not every truck in game would be a car hauler, just as not every brand IRL has a car carrier chassis. It would have to be specific types, like the W900/389/WS4900 the old school square nose Freightliner (if it ever came). I think it would be very easy to say *JUST* those... honestly the W900 and 389 are close enough I can't see there being that much work to get the two of them done. Writing it off as "too much work" I feel is a cheap excuse, and one that seems to get bandied about frequently. Make it paid DLC, that justifies the work.

The car hauler trailer we have now more closely belongs to a 3500/4500/5500 series pick up chassis cab type vehicle, not a Class 8 rig. The car hauler needs work, how ever that ends up happening.
JoeAlex23

#307 Post by JoeAlex23 » 29 Sep 2022 15:26

Sadly, dedicated car haulers will not happen anytime soon, ETS2 players have been crying for their Rigids for ages, if ETS2 ever gets that then MAYBE dedicated car haulers for ATS could happen, they will just make their own good quality normal 5th wheel car trailer like they have done with all the other trailers to replace the low quality one we have in game and make it ownable, that's how it will be.
flight50

#308 Post by flight50 » 29 Sep 2022 16:01

@VTXcnME The problem with only making certain trucks be the dedicated car hauler is the people that don't want to use (x) truck in ATS as a car hauler. People will want the the truck they like which is why I mention all trucks have to be modified. Its not about what's real in this case. Its the same cry for trucks that did not get 4x2 and what didn't get 8x4/8x6. The same complaints will happen for trucks not granted to be car haulers.

As far as belonging to 3500/4500/5500, I just mentioned that I see what we have in game all the time in Dallas so your statement is incorrect actually. Could be regional but technically SCS is not incorrect. We just need a longer version of it. Most the ones I see here are longer. Only 1-2 I've seen the current version irl. I only see class 8 trucks.....yes with sleepers hauling the car hauler in the game that we have. I won't argue with ya though but they do exist believe it or not and I do see them in real life here in DFW.

The one is of various configuration to see all that's available. The current version only holds 3 trucks or 5 cars. It would be great if we can get a 7-8 car transporter. That is the one I think SCS should update to. It won't even be too terrible just rebuild the 5 car on to better detail and more variety. Its not exactly wrong, its just outdated.
https://youtu.be/_5YowRIhRyM
Optional Features

#309 Post by Optional Features » 29 Sep 2022 16:34

VTXcnME wrote: 29 Sep 2022 11:49 @seriousmods I just want to see the frame that goes on the truck added to the car hauler. I've given up on any node-based cargo system. It's beyond what SCS can do clearly, or it would have been done by now (or, our favorite dude who's obviously a genius at coding would have done it by now). Not a bash for those ready to jump on the "He hates SCS" express. Just more of a 'this clearly isn't a priority for SCS to do' kind of thing. In my petty moments, I'd imagine ETS2 would get a node based cargo system years before ATS anyway. After looking through the number of companies, the number of sub-sets in those company categories.... I'm a little disenfranchised with SCS at the moment. I know ETS2 has been out a little longer, but dang.... that disparity is MASSIVE. Which game is the favorite is pretty clear when you look at what's actually been developed for each title.

But back on point, I've given up on node based systems... just don't think SCS cares to try implementing it.

My wish? The boiled down, moderated, less enthusiastic version of hope? I just want the car hauler to look right. I want it to LOOK like a car hauler you'd actually see on the road. Similar to below:

I know that's another giant, over the top, "HOW CAN YOU EVEN ASK FOR THAT!?" hope, but getting the in game trailers right is still a work in progress.
Yeah, I'd love to see a rigid frame car hauler as well, but that requires rigid frame cargo support. And we don't have that either.

But yes, we already have a flattop 389: it would fit cleanly.

I wouldn't expect it, though: SCS seems to struggle in the research department.
VTXcnME

#310 Post by VTXcnME » 29 Sep 2022 20:27

@flight50 and the same reasoning can be explained away with the car hauler..... the reason some trucks didn't get them is IRL they don't have them. Not all trucks are 8x6 and not all trucks have car hauler frames. It would be APPROPRIATLEY reflected in game.

I get what your driving at, I'm just not ready to outright dismiss it because of those reasons. Perfectly acceptable answers to overcome the negativity. Some trucks have options others don't. With the existing fleet, there's differences in what can and can not be added to each. Engines/transmissions/chassis configurations/sleeper configurations/etc. This would just be another thing that made one truck a little different than others. Not a terrible thing in my mind.

Return to “General discussion about the game”