fps locked by the strange way

blades87

fps locked by the strange way

#1 Post by blades87 » 17 Sep 2022 10:21

i play both games, ATS and ETS2.
Both games have the same graphics settings, without changing anything.
ATS runs perfectly with clean and stable fps, most of the time above 45, and should i mention unlocked.
The ETS2?, well, FPS is locked at 30, it's very rare to go up from that, and when it goes up the game is very unstable and quickly returns to 30.

now i tried to lower the resolution in ETS2, FPS are still locked, but now at 37FPS. the same behavior remains the same, sometimes it rises strangely, the game hiccups and quickly locks up again at 37 (with the new resolution)

I should mention that the same thing happened with the ATS some time ago, but then it went back to normal (I don't remember why) and I must mention too that I recently changed the cpu, from a ryzen 3 2200g to a ryzen 7 5500x and this in ETS started to happen after the change. but, the ATS works fine
Tom
SCS Software

Re: fps locked by the strange way

#2 Post by Tom » 21 Sep 2022 13:50

from Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2
take config.cfg to another location and run game. (remove/backup as you want) it will reset bunch of settings to default. at that point you should have default graphics settings.
make sure to not use any extra parameters in launch options on steam.
if game runs OK. you can try to adjust any settings as you want step by step to see if any causes problem.

if you want to reset all settings to default. then you can delete/rename whole game folder created in documents.
keep in mind there are your local profiles you may want to backup.
new game folder with new default config files will be created.
blades87

Re: fps locked by the strange way

#3 Post by blades87 » 29 Sep 2022 15:12

thank you so much. I thought it would work, but it didn't work. . .

after i activate multimoon in config it blocks fps. I even replaced the multimoon file with the ATS one but it didn't work either. in the steam, I think I have the normal settings, starting with dx12. like ATS

Return to “Technical Problems”