Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

Hell_Raiser

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#3191 Post by Hell_Raiser » 27 Sep 2022 20:44

I've watched the stream, and I understand that they have to have temporary content to connect the new areas to the old. However, I wouldn't really consider US-50 to be on the edge of the new area. It doesn't connect to any of the old areas, so there is no reason to build a temporary layout. I find it hard to believe that they intentionally left out the CA-99 interchange with the intention of rebuilding half of Sacramento to add it in the next phase. Which means it was either overlooked, or not planned to be added.

Hopefully you are right, and it will come in phase 3, but I haven't seen anything yet that would confirm this.
Trakaplex

#3192 Post by Trakaplex » 27 Sep 2022 21:15

Tristman wrote: 27 Sep 2022 16:06 How did you come to that conclusion?
@fra_ba 's post on the previous page.
[ external image ]
Or is it just a game file asset ready for it? I'd be surprised if they reached Barstow. They had a pic in the desert here, can't be north Cali anymore. This came before Phase 2, when the city revamps were announced actually. Is Phase 3 just the addition of San Jose and more Bay Area?
[ external image ]
Another one:
[ external image ]
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
oldmanclippy

#3193 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Sep 2022 23:40

I'm thinking that pics 14-20 of that blog (https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/12/califo ... sight.html) are all pics we haven't seen yet unless I'm mistaken. It's possible that phase 3 was originally planned to (or still planned to) include a new road over the Sierra Nevada and include part of a US-395 rework. Which would explain pics 14 and 19. Unless we've seen 19 already then disregard what I've said. But it certainly looks like it could be somewhere on CA-108 for example east of the mountains...
Looking even further into the future, we plan on revisiting several states and we may even bring something extra special (which is so secret, they wouldn't even tell me what it was!).
I still think this has a nonzero chance of being a reference to Hawaii getting added to the Base Map. It's too small to sell on its own even at 1:10 (O'ahu is the only island that would be worthwhile to add) and wouldn't make much sense bundled with anything else. Regardless, it's clearly talking about something new being added to the base map than just reworks. Alaska is sellable so it woudn't be that, same with something like Baja California. I know the logic of "I can't think of anything else this might mean" is certainly not foolproof, but I genuinely have not been able to think of anything else this statement might mean in the 9 months since this blog was posted.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
fra_ba

#3194 Post by fra_ba » 28 Sep 2022 04:45

Trakaplex wrote: 27 Sep 2022 21:15 Or is it just a game file asset ready for it?
Yup! I just use that as an example.
Trakaplex

#3195 Post by Trakaplex » 28 Sep 2022 15:20

oldmanclippy wrote: 27 Sep 2022 23:40
I still think this has a nonzero chance of being a reference to Hawaii getting added to the Base Map. It's too small to sell on its own even at 1:10 (O'ahu is the only island that would be worthwhile to add) and wouldn't make much sense bundled with anything else. Regardless, it's clearly talking about something new being added to the base map than just reworks. Alaska is sellable so it woudn't be that, same with something like Baja California. I know the logic of "I can't think of anything else this might mean" is certainly not foolproof, but I genuinely have not been able to think of anything else this statement might mean in the 9 months since this blog was posted.
I think that would balance the equivalence to ETS2's base map. A new addition seems kind of fishy. It can't be Mexico, because I think Pavel mentioned that they have to finish the US first. So Baja California is out of the question, as well as Sonora. Hawaii? That would be bizarre. Maybe it could be Santa Catalina Island.

It could be more roads. But they already teased San Jose... but one thing is that it can't be in Cali because Cali is in the "rework context".

Or conspiracy theory: the base map will be flooding into paid DLC territory to make it bigger.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Gormanbros

#3196 Post by Gormanbros » 30 Sep 2022 04:02

If it's a new area of the map, while also connected to the Base Map, it would have to be either Hawaii (probably just Oahu) or something in Mexico. Probably not the islands off South CA. For as small as Hawaii is, San Catalina is significantly smaller and emptier.

But we might also be mistaken about it being a base map related addition. It was mentioned after "revisiting several states", so it may not be connected to the base game at all.

But man, I really hope it's Hawaii somehow. That would be really cool. Unrealistic from a trucking standpoint, sure, but as a special side addition, very cool. It will most likely be the one state we'll never see in game, so if it somehow makes it, I'll be pretty excited.

Edit: Oahu is roughly half the size of Corsica btw. So doable, but probably not more than Honolulu, Daniel Inouye International airport to justify how we get there, some inner highways and a few remote drops on the north and west sides of the island, with Kailua and Haleiwa as remote drops/scenic towns
flight50

#3197 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 05:10

Zero chance of anything being outside of the lower 48 right now. That's light years away. There's only 2 thing I'd like to think what the hint is that benefits the current base map. 1) Add Chico and 2) fast track I-80. For me, nothing else makes sense if its not part of the rebuild zone. Any spare bodies they have at this point shouldn't be outside of California, Nevada nor Arizona. Any new road(s) in California works as well.
Gormanbros

#3198 Post by Gormanbros » 30 Sep 2022 05:50

I'm thinking it's probably not something map related to be honest. I would love to see Hawaii but I'm by no means expecting it. A new city within the main base map wouldn't make sense to be some surprise secret project, considering it's already happening with phase 3.
Sara

#3199 Post by Sara » 30 Sep 2022 09:35

Honestly, if Hawaii was to be added, what would it contain, considering Hawaii size is only 10,931.72 square miles, compaired to the smallest state already released which is Washington which is only 71,297.95 square miles. In my opinion, if it does get to the point where SCS complete the lower 48 states, it seems highly unlikely Hawaii would be added, even if added as part of the base game.
gandalf7472000

#3200 Post by gandalf7472000 » 30 Sep 2022 10:48

I see Hawaii if included as a different kind of expansion for the game. Something like “ATS Hawaii” with each island a different DLC in a bigger scale 1:10 or bigger.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

Return to “General discussion about the game”