SCS General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#20401 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 07:35

More 1.46 news would be nice to see leading up to the open beta. There will definitely be one considering ATS is releasing a map. Its kinda rare not having an open beta but its has happened before. What new additional features can we expect is what I'm sure a lot of people want to know. Truck washes and driving school are 2 of the front runners that come to mind for me in which neither needs the engine upgrade to be in place. Sure there are several other features that could come as well but until we get a clearer picture of what's coming, its all guessing anyways.

Closing out the year strong is always a big push for SCS though. This year will be no different. 2023 should be another promising year I bet but finishing 2022 is the priority. If the engine upgrade doesn't come for 1.46 (strong chance its still not ready, no info that TX is built on it), then 2023 could be that year.
Adriatic Sea Team

#20402 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 01 Oct 2022 07:49

Indeed, after one year without expansion, 2023 will hopefully be a great year for ETS2 because it will get the biggest expansion in terms of the number of countries, not size.
Bandit & The Snowman

#20403 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 01 Oct 2022 07:57

Although that last fact isn’t as exciting as it may sound, it gives a glimpse at what they’ll do when one single country or US state is too small to sell it on its own: The DLC will comprise several of them so that the usual price point is reached.
flight50

#20404 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2022 08:09

Adriatic Sea Team wrote: 01 Oct 2022 07:49 Indeed, after one year without expansion, 2023 will hopefully be a great year for ETS2 because it will get the biggest expansion in terms of the number of countries, not size.
Agreed that a year without an expansion kinda sucks but it is what it is. Its not SCS intention to be that way and we all know why there was no expansion. Its made, its just hold. So its not like SCS did nothing. One day, it'll come though and I see proceeds for it pushing out to charity. Maybe not all of it but some at least.

No expansion but at least there was a rebuild that kicked in and another on the way. Things are trending in the right direction though for both games though. ATS might not have the large fan base like ETS2 but it does bring in income still. There should never be political issues with a territory not coming in North America though. So a constant flow of dlc's is only halted by SCS themselves.
Aziz

#20405 Post by Aziz » 01 Oct 2022 11:59

Bandit & The Snowman wrote: 01 Oct 2022 07:57 Although that last fact isn’t as exciting as it may sound, it gives a glimpse at what they’ll do when one single country or US state is too small to sell it on its own: The DLC will comprise several of them so that the usual price point is reached.
But.. that's been done before? With the Baltics, for example? I don't see your point.
Bandit & The Snowman

#20406 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 01 Oct 2022 12:19

Exactly this is my point :) Baltics, Iberia, US East coast.
plykkegaard

#20407 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Oct 2022 12:38

Also Going East, Scandinavia and Black Sea had several countries, nothing new
Going East was the first expansion IIRC

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#20408 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 01 Oct 2022 12:43

@plykkegaard you guessed it correct. Going East was the first ever DLC of ETS 2
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
F4R35

#20409 Post by F4R35 » 01 Oct 2022 15:37

plykkegaard wrote: 01 Oct 2022 12:38 Going East was the first expansion IIRC
Back when Going east was about to be released SCS launched the 1.5 update, and it was the first time each cab had its own interior, even low cabs before had the interior of high cabs, man I still remember how excited I was for that update, the game really came a long way.
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
Holzauge

#20410 Post by Holzauge » 02 Oct 2022 10:44

Although I am looking forward to the new ownable trailers, I must admit, that I am using ownable trailers mainly in ETS2. In ATS I am - at the moment - using only flatbed and dropdeck (Lodeking/Prestige). One reason is the lack of transportable goods for some trailers, but there must be more, but to be honest I can't really tell...

The container trailer for example: In ETS2 you have a variety of ADR goods, in ATS only 2 (at least I haven't seen any other). Maybe in the US it is not common to transport ADR goods in container trailers, maybe the game is only lacking content. The log trailer in ATS has less goods to be transported and, if you want to transport logs, you can get toothpicks instead (unfortunately you don't know until loaded). In ETS2 you can get loads for the log trailer nearly everywhere, ATS at a lot less places. And of course "grain" (for the hopper and the bulk feeder) only in ATS, barley, wheat and rye in ETS2, which makes it a bit less boring for me. These are only a few examples. Yes, I know, it is moaning on a high level... ;)

With most trucks I use in ETS2 I have ownable trailers attached contrary to ATS. I like playing ATS that way, too, but there is always room for improvement... ;)
VDMA

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”