Weigh Stations ATS

detourist

Re: Weigh Stations ATS

#21 Post by detourist » 07 Sep 2022 22:00

GT182 wrote: 07 Sep 2022 20:44 Sorry I didn't make it clearer on what I meant.

There will be a red and green light right at the scale to tell you to stop. Once you have been weighed then it turns to green to pull off the scales and pull out to continue on down the highway.

Flashing yellow lights out on the highway before you get to the scales to show it's open and you must pull in. Meaning the scale station is Open. If you don't pull in to be weighed, then the cops will go after you.
I see! Was thinking about the little device on the windshield.
jarryed

#22 Post by jarryed » 07 Sep 2022 22:22

GT182 wrote: 07 Sep 2022 20:44 Flashing yellow lights out on the highway before you get to the scales to show it's open and you must pull in. Meaning the scale station is Open. If you don't pull in to be weighed, then the cops will go after you.
We're talking about the game here, not the real world with a state that does not use Prepass transponders.

In the game flashing yellow lights does not mean that you have to pull into the weigh station. The PrePass system in game will tell you what to do. You simply follow the lights.

Green light = Bypass. Absolutely no need to pull into the weigh station even if said station is open. Beeping will be 5 slow beeps from transponder.

Red Light = You must pull in. You will hear about 10 quick succession beeps from the transponder.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
GT182

#23 Post by GT182 » 10 Sep 2022 01:59

Detourist, that doesn't happen in real life as far as I know for scales. Over here that little white box on the windshield is an "Easy Pass" for tolls. ;)

As far as I know there is no prepass for scales in any State. The only way you are let thru and not weighed is by a plate way before the pass thru lane next to the scales IF you are doing the 15 mph speed limit. IF you go slow enough and are empty, they will send out the pass thru lane without being weighed.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
jarryed

#24 Post by jarryed » 10 Sep 2022 02:31

GT182 wrote: 10 Sep 2022 01:59 As far as I know there is no prepass for scales in any State.
Huh...what? This part of your message makes no sense at all. You may want to look at this website: https://prepass.com/services/weigh-stat ... s-service/
PrePass is used all over. Here are a couple of the transponders that are used:
[ external image ]
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
GT182

#25 Post by GT182 » 10 Sep 2022 12:24

It's been a while since I was over the road. This is new to me other than ATS. Other than that, I don't really care.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
GinXeng

#26 Post by GinXeng » 12 Sep 2022 17:48

You should care, dont spread misinformation, prepass has been around for years over 15 years.
Aussie-Simmer

#27 Post by Aussie-Simmer » 14 Sep 2022 00:53

What makes me laugh is the fine I keep getting for at the weigh stations that tell me my truck is unsafe at 10% and most of that is tyres, if this was real life 99% of trucks on the road would be unsafe.. SCS need to revamp it to make it more realistic otherwise it's just a game and not a simulation
GT182

#28 Post by GT182 » 02 Oct 2022 14:31

No, I didn't like fines back on. I think they'd give a fine for just breathing hard. LOL

Tho I now see with the latest update that they included the Open sign out by the highways. That's good, but I've not yet seen one that has Closed lit. Do any ever close?
Seelenkrank

#29 Post by Seelenkrank » 07 Oct 2022 18:11

there are closed ones in Montana (2 or 3)
Steve Pitts

#30 Post by Steve Pitts » 11 Oct 2022 08:57

Aussie-Simmer wrote: 14 Sep 2022 00:53 What makes me laugh is the fine I keep getting for at the weigh stations that tell me my truck is unsafe at 10% and most of that is tyres
I've been experimenting with this and I got as high as 21% on the tyres (but no more than 2-3% anywhere else) without being fined at any of several weigh station visits, just the partronising message. Of course we have no idea what the logic is behind this, so perhaps I was just lucky. Experiments will resume when I next get tyre wear up around 10%.
Seelenkrank wrote: 07 Oct 2022 18:11 there are closed ones in Montana (2 or 3)
But those ones seem to be permanently closed (based on my limited driving time in the new DLC).
Cheers, Steve

Return to “Gameplay Questions”