Iberia Discussion

dsf.fernando

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6381 Post by dsf.fernando » 02 Oct 2022 19:30

Some newbie driver wrote: 30 Sep 2022 10:05 in Spain those trucks can't use any road; they are allowed only on high capacity ones + the minimum stretch of conventional road from those high capacity roads to the final destination (and only if those arts of conventional roads have certain characteristics). The whole route has to be presented to the administration and approved prior being used. Regarding that, it works as like an special transport haulage with the difference than, once approved, the route can be repeated as many times as wanted.

Regards
It seems in Portugal the same rules apply, that may be why i never ever saw one of those on the road (despite the road near where i live is classified as a motorway, it aqctually makes part of a national untolled road)

BTW, is this kind of trailer related to Finland's HCT? That was the only trailer type in the game which i could find which uses a dolly
[ external image ]
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
plykkegaard

#6382 Post by plykkegaard » 02 Oct 2022 20:37

Finland has several configurations
  • A Double
  • AB Double
  • B Triple
  • B Double
  • Long semitrailers
https://www.traficom.fi/sites/default/f ... inland.pdf

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#6383 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Oct 2022 22:14

@dsf.fernando that dolly is the one needed for the Finish HCT we have in game. But that same dolly can be used by other cobinations.

In Spain (and several European countries, with slight different extra regulations) what it's allowed so far are 25,25m combinations with more than 6 axles and up to 60tm. Those could have 3 possible combinations:

- Rigid truck + a dolly that holds the front of a regular 13,6m semi-trailer (the one the game lacks)
- Semi tractor + short (7,8m) semi-trailer that has an extension at the rear where to support a secod 13,6m regular semi-trailer (one we have in the game, some people call it "bi-train")
- Semi tractor + conventional 13,6m semi trailer + drawbar trailer, like the ones on regular rigid+drawbar trailer combos (one we have in the game, commonly named just as "double")

The one we are discussing is a semi tractor + regular 13,6m semi trailer + the dolly to support the kingping of another regular 13,6m semi trailer (that will be the 2x13,6m A-doubles on the documents linked by plykkegaard). Those are the ones in the game appear as HCT and are only allowed so far in Finland (in the game I mean). IRL I've seen those, not so frequently, on the AP-7 Mediterranean corridor. I've seen at least 3 different companies. So, I'm not sure if they are still a very limited test under special permission or they are already fully operational. Because, as I said, I can't find any data about them. Any search using the evident keywords take only to results about the moment where non-HCT were allowed and lots of news sites and other talked about that novelty; everybody is using the same "nicknames" for those trucks with a total lack of consistency on naming; so search info about specifically the HCT-like ones is a pain.

Regards
plykkegaard

#6384 Post by plykkegaard » 03 Oct 2022 10:35

DUO2 should be the European (EU) norm afaik

Denmark are talking about trails with double trailers / DUO2
https://www.trm.dk/media/zeqbjmqz/rappo ... inal-a.pdf
(in danish)

Swedish trails
https://duo2.nu/

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
polskagrom

#6385 Post by polskagrom » 04 Oct 2022 20:03

Still would like a extra route into Spain added. N-134 to N-330 would be nice or even N-125 to N-230.
dsf.fernando

#6386 Post by dsf.fernando » 12 Oct 2022 09:49

Portugal is studying a temporary reduction in motorway speeds from 130 to 100km/h. In this case, would trucks max speed be reduced to 80 km/h?
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Vinnie Terranova

#6387 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 12 Oct 2022 10:12

@dsf.fernando In The Netherlands we also have a reduction in max speed of 100 km/h during the day, but it doesn't affect the maximum speed of trucks which is 80 km/h anyway. As the maximum speed for trucks in Portugal is 90 km/h I think it would be logical it will stay that way.
SpacePh

#6388 Post by SpacePh » 12 Oct 2022 10:38

dsf.fernando wrote: 12 Oct 2022 09:49 Portugal is studying a temporary reduction in motorway speeds from 130 to 100km/h. In this case, would trucks max speed be reduced to 80 km/h?
I think you mean 120 to 100km/h (although people drive on average at 130km/h :lol: )
Trenero

#6389 Post by Trenero » 12 Oct 2022 12:05

Talking about speeds, in Spain ADR transport trucks have a speed limit 10km/h below the regular speed limit for trucks, so for example instead of 90km/h in highways ADR should do 80km/h
SenseFM

#6390 Post by SenseFM » 12 Oct 2022 16:36

Regarding the new Spanish regional signs added with the 1.46 Update, whoever is responsible has made a very good job. Except some minor mistakes, almost all of them are accurate and have been placed in correct positions. It's true that only the borders of Comunidades Autónomas and the adjacent Provincias are signed, but I find that enough given the 1:19 scale. I've quickly revised all the roads in the DLC and I think these are the only ones that are missing:
  • In AP-1, the Castilla y León - Euskadi border.
  • In A-2, the Comunidad de Madrid - Castilla-La Mancha border.
  • In A-2, the Castilla-La Mancha - Castilla y León border.
  • In N-234, the Castilla y León - Aragón border.
  • In N-322, the Andalucía - Castilla-La Mancha border.
  • In N-420, the Castilla-La Mancha - Aragón border.
  • In RM-422 (the road that goes to a Cantera Ibérica quarry north of Murcia), the Comunidad Valenciana - Murcia border.
I'm not sure if their omissions have been an oversight or due to space, scale or placement reasons, that's why I'm not sure if I should report them as bugs. But I think there's enough space to place them eventually in their corresponding roads. This kind of signs are also sometimes found in the international borders with Portugal and France, but in real life they aren't always in every border crossing (yeah, that's another inconsistency in Spain's signage), so I don't miss them that much. The other kind of signs I do miss are more mileage signs, in the game they are pretty uncommon in Spain when compared to Portugal or other ETS2 countries.

Return to “General discussion about the game”