VR: GPS in Center of screen

ReverendTed

Re: VR: GPS in Center of screen

#31 Post by ReverendTed » 09 Aug 2022 00:20

Scottyp123 wrote: 08 Aug 2022 15:302. not sure, do you mean the file in the mods folder in documents.
3. the file structure is the mod flder which has a ui folder inside it and that has the correct file inside that, although its spelt adviser and not advisor.
4. No too sure on the beta but I have -openvr in the launch box.

The ui folder already has an original file inside it with the same name but I assume the one you move from the multiplayer folder and rename just over writes the original so there is still the one file inside it.
2. Yes, if you're in File Explorer in Windows, but I don't think that's important if it's showing up in the Mod Manager in-game.
3. GPS_move.scs should be in the mod folder. Inside GPS_move.scs there should only be a ui folder with adviser_oculus.sii in it. There shouldn't be a mod folder in the GPS_move.scs
4. I don't know about using -openvr vs the oculus beta branch, but I'm pretty sure they use the same files. Has it worked before? What files were in the GPS_move.scs file in version that worked before?
Scottyp123

#32 Post by Scottyp123 » 09 Aug 2022 08:49

Thanks for getting back to me, I've never used this particular mod, I've not had ETS2 that long and I tried a couple of other mods to move it but they just crashed the game. I only came across your version a few days ago so I've never tried an older version.

I'll give it another go in a bit and see if I can do anything different.
ReverendTed

#33 Post by ReverendTed » 10 Aug 2022 00:17

Scottyp123 wrote: 09 Aug 2022 08:49Thanks for getting back to me, I've never used this particular mod, I've not had ETS2 that long and I tried a couple of other mods to move it but they just crashed the game. I only came across your version a few days ago so I've never tried an older version.

I'll give it another go in a bit and see if I can do anything different.
Keep me posted!
I checked and it seems that the ATS and ETS2 files appear to be identical, so I don't think that's the problem. The most likely issue is that the folder structure within GPS_move.scs is incorrect. I'd share the file itself, but the forum doesn't allow attachment of .scs files.
Scottyp123

#34 Post by Scottyp123 » 12 Aug 2022 15:51

well I've tried again and still no luck, folders are definitely correct. The way I did it was downloaded the mod on the previous page, extracted it, renamed the gps move folder to .zip, moved the multiplayer file out of the multiplayer folder into my documents, deleted the multiplayer folder, deleted the adviser file out of the ui folder, renamed the multiplayer file in my documents to adviser... and moved it into the ui folder and lastly renamed the GPS move folder back to .scs and placed it in the mod folder and then activated in ETS2.

What I will say is I didn't get the game or install it from steam so maybe its that.
ReverendTed

#35 Post by ReverendTed » 12 Aug 2022 19:30

Scottyp123 wrote: 12 Aug 2022 15:51well I've tried again and still no luck, folders are definitely correct. The way I did it was downloaded the mod on the previous page, extracted it, renamed the gps move folder to .zip, moved the multiplayer file out of the multiplayer folder into my documents, deleted the multiplayer folder, deleted the adviser file out of the ui folder, renamed the multiplayer file in my documents to adviser... and moved it into the ui folder and lastly renamed the GPS move folder back to .scs and placed it in the mod folder and then activated in ETS2.

What I will say is I didn't get the game or install it from steam so maybe its that.
You might try downloading the adviser_oclulus.sii file that I attached and use that in your archive? Otherwise, I'm at a loss.
ReverendTed

#36 Post by ReverendTed » 02 Oct 2022 23:47

Exciting news for VR users. It's no longer necessary to use an external mod if all you want to do is simply move the Route Advisor.
There are some limitations compared to existing mods:
1) It doesn't work for hiding certain elements, like you can do with mods.
2) It will also move the virtual rearview mirrors, if you use them.

The config.cfg file found in your Documents\American Truck Simulator\ folder has the following variables:

Code: Select all

uset r_manual_stereo_ui_pitch_game "0.0"  (Angle in degrees - 45.0 angles down 45 degrees and -45 would angle up.)
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_yaw_game "0.0" (Angle in degrees, 45.0 angles 45 degrees to the right, -45 would angle to the left.)
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_y_game "0.0"  (Vertical offset, 1.0 sends it pretty far up.)
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_x_game "0.0" (Horizontal offset, 1.0 sends it about three quarters of the way across the cab to the right.)
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_static_fov "40"  (I haven't tinkered with this one.)
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_fov_game "100"  (Sets the in-game FOV for the Advisor and subsequently how large it appears.  100 is full size, 50 is half size.)
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_fov "80" (Sets the FOV for the menu and subsequently how large it appears.  100 is full size, 50 is half size.)
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_dist_game "0.5"  (Sets the distance away from the viewer for the in-game Advisor.  1.0 moves it a good distance away.)
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_dist "0.8" (Sets the distance away from the viewer for the menu.  1.0 moves it a good distance away.)
For instance, I used these settings to reposition the Advisor over my dash (and turned off the in-dash GPS):

Code: Select all

uset r_manual_stereo_ui_pitch_game "-20.0"
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_yaw_game "-20.0"
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_y_game "-0.1"
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_x_game "0.6"
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_fov_game "100"
uset r_manual_stereo_ui_dist_game "0.9"
ATS Advisor CFG.jpg
Jellybug

#37 Post by Jellybug » 17 Oct 2022 19:54

I'm so glad I did a quick search before reteaching myself what I did for this last time!

Bounced back into the game hoping there would be a Pinktober event, no such luck. So I figured I'd wrap up 100% map in Europe, and noticed Austria was now all brand new and undriven, ugh.

But it's great to find a VR Route Advisor solution in the exact same place I found it long ago - Thanks @ReverendTed !

Off to Innsbruk...

Return to “General discussion about the game”