help location material with error

KINGPINN

help location material with error

#1 Post by KINGPINN » 03 Oct 2022 11:49

I'm getting the following errors in the game log:

01:51:04.346 : <ERROR> [dx11] Unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
01:51:04.347 : <ERROR> [dx11] Unable to map attribute (v.tex_coord_6)
01:51:04.347 : <ERROR> [dx11] Failed to create vertex input layout!

Is there any way to locate the material that is generating this error?

From what I have found from searching this error, its linked to a normal map not being mapped correctly, but I have checked all of the materials that are present when the error comes up and all appear to be mapped correctly, as far as I can see anyways. More over, what would cause a normal map to not be properly mapped?

To save any more time, I would like to be able to know how to identify the source of the problem so I can fix it in future if I have this happen again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: help location material with error

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 03 Oct 2022 11:51

its not the mapping, it is no uv layer assigned to the nmap, check which material is missing uv layer assignment
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
KINGPINN

#3 Post by KINGPINN » 03 Oct 2022 12:26

Thank you for your reply. I've been through all of the materials that are associated with the model and all have the maps assigned to uv layers, which is why I'm a bit stumped because there is obviously an issue with the model, but I can't find it.

Maybe I'm getting mixed up a bit.

when you say "it is no uv layer assigned to the nmap" - if this was the case, when I export out of blender, it would flag this at the export stage with an on screen message?
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 03 Oct 2022 12:38

this was the solution for me when i had this problem, the normal mapping had a missing uv assignment, sometimes it can be a corrupt uv mapping but i didnt had one to know for sure
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
tinusman

#5 Post by tinusman » 03 Oct 2022 16:58

Is there any way to locate the material that is generating this error?
Some times, the log gives you a clou , by looking just above this error..in the log.
about the model is loading in game or choosen in the garage.

Do not know what model you talking about🤷‍♂️ but when the error stay`s, after you checked all,
Is it posible you have accessory , attached to your model in the game.
for instance: a skinable/paintable side skirt to a truck model, also needs the right amount of UV maps.
KINGPINN

#6 Post by KINGPINN » 03 Oct 2022 18:00

Thanks for the reply tinusman and carl. I've checked everything that's on the screen when the error pops up, which as you can imagine has taken some time. lol. There are no errors when I export them from blender either, and no UV's are un assigned. Like I said it must be somewhere, otherwise the error wouldn't be there.

tbh I'm at a lost to what is causing that error - I can't see any issues in the game (other than the error in the log), and its not causing crashes or fps drops, so whilst its annoying I can't find the issue, it isn't game breaking so I'll just have to ignore it. a bit frustrating, but that's life I guess.

Return to “Blender Tools”