Texas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#5671 Post by flight50 » 04 Oct 2022 17:10

oldmanclippy wrote: 04 Oct 2022 16:58 I don't want to get my or anyone's hopes up for sure, but the NG579 would be pretty great to have with Texas. To me, Peterbilt is the defining brand in American trucking. Not to mention Texas trucking. Getting a new Peterbilt, the Denton plant, and Peterbilt as a company with trucks as cargo all for Texas would be too cool.
Agreed. The NG 579 would be the best reason to have the cover truck be delayed. It might not be ready yet. If we don't get a truck until the release announcement, that just might indicated a special surprise. That would be the dead give away imho. Otherwise, the truck art would have been on. There are 3 models to do and neither are on the cover.

Soo does:
Oklahoma get Cascadia
Kansas get LT
Nebraska get 57x

Hmmmmm. I don't wanna get hype behind the NG so think at your own risk. I'm only speculating myself by putting 2 and 2 together.

oldmanclippy wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:09 Well yeah that's the key isn't it, continuing this momentum going forward. Ideally no more 2-3 company states until we get to the east coast. Every state between here and there has potential to bring at minimum 4 or 5 companies.
Exactly. Outside of California, 4-5 is feasible for the next few years. I think California could dump another 12-15 brand new companies in the mix. I think all the Great Lake states could pump in 7-10 new companies per state though. Sooo much manufacturer and other industries there.
Last edited by flight50 on 04 Oct 2022 17:13, edited 2 times in total.
Bedavd

#5672 Post by Bedavd » 04 Oct 2022 17:12

Wow! Way more companies than I was expecting and they look so good! Hopefully there are swarms of new cargos with all these new companies. Great work.

Competition for Plaster & Sons, Bitumen, GallonOil, Chemso, HMS, Charged, Drake, Deepgrove, Wallbert/Tidbit, and probably SellGoods, Sunshine, and maybe Faraday. This is seriously needed.

Do we know what Asuma is? That’s the only one that I can’t see an obvious industry for.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#5673 Post by flight50 » 04 Oct 2022 17:23

Yep...cargo has to match. I said it with Montana and I was off a tad. Each new company in Montana pretty much had at least one new cargo was my initial thought. For Texas, a lot of these are existing industries but a deeper pool of companies now. So if we have 30+ new companies, maybe 15 new cargoes minimum. I just hope we get a cargo blog for Texas. That will to will set Texas of fire. It will be harder and harder to not buy Texas. This would definitely been a great time to sneak in a paid cargo pack. Nothing on Steamdb though. But Texas could have racked in some serious cash to help offset HoR until it and WB can release.

People thought I was crazy when I said Texas should get 20-25 new companies at least. Some thought no way. Some didn't see the problem with ATS companies. I'm glad SCS focused on those of us that wanted a deeper ATS economy. Glad SCS felt that ETS2 dlc new company quantity was the better target. +1 for the community. It helps presenting facts. Several of us posted ETS2 comparisons and I think that made things more noticeable.

So at this point, no need for me to bash on SCS and ATS companies. Bash, complain....whatever you wanna call it, +1 for the entire community. I think I can rest for Texas companies coming. I keep saying that the roads and cities will be the highlight for Texas and ICC's follows those. I just hope to never see another Idaho effort ever again. Montana started it and mannnnn is Texas blowing it out the water like it should. AWESOMEEEEEE JOB.
SuchManor

#5674 Post by SuchManor » 04 Oct 2022 17:26

flight50 wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:10 Soo does:
Oklahoma get Cascadia
Kansas get LT
Nebraska get 57x
About these states - Just want to say there was nothing added to map editor aside from the new gas station totems.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
flight50

#5675 Post by flight50 » 04 Oct 2022 17:34

@SuchManor That's cool. I wasn't implying they get assets right now. More so the truck that goes on the cover of the dlc.

Man looking over the new companies you posted, I see so many competitor companies finally. This is freaking great. The same cargoes can go to multiple companies just like in ETS2. The effort is all up front on the design side and we now have 2 very talented concept artist. So hopefully this trend keeps gong. As long as the asset team can keep cranking out new depots, the concept artist can keep cranking out new logos. But Please....please let them take over doing the trailer skins for new companies.

I made this post viewtopic.php?t=314356 to discuss the concept artist doing company skins but a moderator moved it to a location that most people don't look. I broke out the topic for company skins to not derail other threads like Texas but the wishlist was not my intent to hear discussions on the concept artist doing trailer skins. I'd imagine most of you would love to see these 30+ companies get trailer logos created by Annie and Petr vs the vehicle team.
fra_ba

#5676 Post by fra_ba » 04 Oct 2022 17:41

Glad that we have some alternatives for nearly every existing companies, seem still no walbert competitor. The good thing is one time companies like airports and seaports have a character compared to the corresponding generic companies in ETS2. Regarding new ones, wondering about Asuma, not sure what is that? A competitor for avalanche steel or Steeler?
SuchManor

#5677 Post by SuchManor » 04 Oct 2022 17:44

flight50 wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:34 @SuchManor That's cool. I wasn't implying they get assets right now. More so the truck that goes on the cover of the dlc.
Sorry that wasnt my intention. Just wanted to let everyone know that no new assets were added for those states. Unfortunately they aren't letting us get a peek as to what's next yet.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
flight50

#5678 Post by flight50 » 04 Oct 2022 18:04

No worries. Maybe 1.47 will. We should hear something soon for the next dlc or 2 or three, lol. 1.46 now means Texas is in the polish up stage and a lot of people could have been reassigned for other projects by now. Leaving only a few to finish it out and to bug fix once Texas is released.
Trakaplex

#5679 Post by Trakaplex » 04 Oct 2022 18:20

Texas will definitely be 1.47, this is too early for 1.46. Yeah, I think the DLC is finished, they have to check for bugs or holes now. Most of the team split to LA/AR I think? If Oklahoma isn't a standalone state, there could be a team already on the Dakotas... scary.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
JoeAlex23

#5680 Post by JoeAlex23 » 04 Oct 2022 18:21

No, all sings point at Texas being a 1.46 release this year, 1.47 will be at least 6 months away before WB release for ETS2.

Return to “General discussion about the game”