ATS 1.46 Discussion Thread

Vk56dehan

Re: ATS 1.46 Open Beta Discussion Thread

#61 Post by Vk56dehan » 04 Oct 2022 17:33

55sixxx wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:28 Yes, I play with a wheel (G29). The only time where I raise the stability is when I go into the offline/singlepayer mode to unflip my truck after some griefer/newbie side slammed me in truckersmp... I set it to like, 3 and when it's on all wheels again, it's right back to 0.
I need to invest in a wheel and shifter one day. I never played multiplayer.....im more of a loner. Even on xbox I dont play online stuff. Grumpy old man that can't handle children causing drama hah 😆. So far like this update though. The new loads interface is a HUGE thing for me. Now I dont have to buy a trailer on an advanced profile to see what loads are available where so I can find a good start city for my new freight specific profile (like tanker hauler)
55sixxx

#62 Post by 55sixxx » 04 Oct 2022 17:36

CodArk2 wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:33
55sixxx wrote: 04 Oct 2022 15:48 Just went to the dealer in Tacoma and it's exactly the same as it was... They either reworked a few or you're seeing things 🤔
Most of my Peterbilt dealers were completely greyed out, some had a new back section part but the dealer itself was yellow still. The back section is new, and where you pick up the Peterbilt truck cargo (ch_peterbilt). The dealers themselves seem similar to how I remember them for the most part, though some do seem different for what I remember.
I mean, those back areas were always there... I remember because sometimes I used to go there just to make a turn to exit the dealer since I had no space in the main lot. I just thought you meant the design tho (Like the did with ETS2 dealers some updates ago).
Vk56dehan wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:33
55sixxx wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:28 Yes, I play with a wheel (G29). The only time where I raise the stability is when I go into the offline/singlepayer mode to unflip my truck after some griefer/newbie side slammed me in truckersmp... I set it to like, 3 and when it's on all wheels again, it's right back to 0.
I need to invest in a wheel and shifter one day. I never played multiplayer.....im more of a loner. Even on xbox I dont play online stuff. Grumpy old man that can't handle children causing drama hah 😆. So far like this update though. The new loads interface is a HUGE thing for me. Now I dont have to buy a trailer on an advanced profile to see what loads are available where so I can find a good start city for my new freight specific profile (like tanker hauler)
I use truckersmp because the ai traffic, although accurately stupid to real life, it's not predictable. While the average 8x4 730S user in tmp are always predictable because they never know how to stay in their lane properly, they'll always try to overtake you even if their exit is very close which will always end up in either a side slam or a massive cut off and they don't know how brakes work so the chances of getting brake checked are slim. 😂
Last edited by 55sixxx on 04 Oct 2022 17:42, edited 3 times in total.
TheTiger

#63 Post by TheTiger » 04 Oct 2022 17:41

55sixxx wrote: 04 Oct 2022 16:54 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmFmYHrsnc

In case anyone wants to see it in action before opt into the OB.
Don't know why, but inside camera makes me feel sick. :mrgreen:
JaDaKa

#64 Post by JaDaKa » 04 Oct 2022 17:45

Thanks a lot! I will take both your suggestions under consideration and test it . I am playing with a keyboard & mouse and I had it at default max.
rbsanford

#65 Post by rbsanford » 04 Oct 2022 17:46

How's the new stretch of US 20?
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#66 Post by flight50 » 04 Oct 2022 17:47

oldmanclippy wrote: 04 Oct 2022 15:02 Company browser is a very cool idea. Carrying on from previous updates, I like that they're finding features that we didn't know we wanted.
Well maybe we change tactics, lol. I don't want to see multi drop, improved AI, improved weather, seasons, dirt on trucks, option to hid banners, functional weigh stations, nod cargo system, lol.

Now I'm being silly of course. Of this list, the most feasible one asap is the option to hide banners. Others will take awhile. Dirt of trucks must might be in the works though.
oldmanclippy wrote: 04 Oct 2022 15:07 Company browser I think will help with some of the pain points with owned trailers. You can see if some parts of the map are better for some trailers than others so you don't go looking for jobs in areas that are relatively dried up for the trailer you're using. I think this will end up being a feature we won't know how we lived without, but didn't know we needed previously.
Agreed. Now that I think about it, this was kinda requested a few times back when owned trailers kicked in. People wanted a way to see cargo for the type of trailer they are hauling. This is perfect for owned trailers for sure. The more and more cargo comes, the more valuable this feature becomes. This is a good add actually. Texas benefits the most with so many companies but no doubt new companies will start spreading around in future updates.
Ludo Diabolo

#67 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 04 Oct 2022 17:55

55sixxx wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:10 Well, if you're using maxed out suspension stiffness the effect will barely be noticeable... My video shows the default driveshaft torque value (I just checked the box and nothing else) with zero suspension stiffness.

And yes, this is another feature that I won't be able to play without. Just like advanced coupling, air brakes, real fuel comsumption and pretty much any other sim feature.
@55sixxx
For the value or stiffness to be the most sensitive do I have to toggle the slider to the left? or to the right? because I just reset all my gameplay settings to default, and I still don't see the same effect as your video lol, sorry I'm a pain in the ass but I'd like to see this new feature as well as I find it great.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
55sixxx

#68 Post by 55sixxx » 04 Oct 2022 17:58

LudoModding wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:55
55sixxx wrote: 04 Oct 2022 17:10 Well, if you're using maxed out suspension stiffness the effect will barely be noticeable... My video shows the default driveshaft torque value (I just checked the box and nothing else) with zero suspension stiffness.

And yes, this is another feature that I won't be able to play without. Just like advanced coupling, air brakes, real fuel comsumption and pretty much any other sim feature.
@55sixxx
For the value or stiffness to be the most sensitive do I have to toggle the slider to the left? or to the right? because I just reset all my gameplay settings to default, and I still don't see the same effect as your video lol, sorry I'm a pain in the ass but I'd like to see this new feature as well as I find it great.
Try first with only suspension stiffness all the way to the LEFT... And only change the stability if there is not major difference by changing only the stiffness.
Optional Features

#69 Post by Optional Features » 04 Oct 2022 18:00

F4R35 wrote: 04 Oct 2022 16:37 The driveshaft torque simulation is one of the coolest additions to ATS, you know what, that alone makes 1.46 a big update for me, 4 months ago, I was driving a KW T800 that belongs to an American oil company (Halliburton), and I noticed it, I saw that effect before on Highway Thru Hell TV Show, and I was wondering why the truck is acting like this, Until I drove the T800 and the driver explained it to me.

Thank you to whoever worked on it, I noticed that on the reverse the chassis leans the other way!
Yeah, that is a big deal. Much more than all the other things included in the patch. It will make driving much more realistic.

Now we need cab suspension like ETS2.
Bedavd

#70 Post by Bedavd » 04 Oct 2022 18:00

Here is the new portion of US 20:

[ external image ]

The only scenery town is Island Park, where the gas station is. Also Iona Rd has been extended all the way to US 26.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”