Volunteering with the developers

1948LJMack

Volunteering with the developers

#1 Post by 1948LJMack » 04 Oct 2022 21:52

I know some might think this may sound stupid. But I think it might be a grand idea. What if SCS chooses to have a day where some of the volunteers could get like a hands-on experience with developing a state, highway, or a building. What I was thinking of like if the would-be volunteer happens to live in the state or has traveled to that particular state could work with the developers. I myself who is a Missouri resident and lives in the St. Louis suburb of Kirkwood would love the idea. Like if IK could work with Oscar who is in charge of industry or I am not sure who works with mapping at SCS, but it would be a nice idea. Since there are thousands of people with disabilities who want to learn more computer skills, or something like that could be working with the guys who are already working on the game. Let's say they want to work on the pre=design for Kirkwood, MO. And SCS would be able to set up a date with several organizations to see if anyone who wants to get a feel of developing a game. When I saw Oscar who works in the Industry department, he seems to be a pretty nice lad. For me, I may be a pretty old man compared to Oscar and Alex. Truck wise, they may be more like Kenworth T680 or International LT, and I would be like 1952 Diamond T 920C or an L model Mack of the early 1950s with two shift levers. And an idea like this would also be a good for senior citizens as many senior citizen homes now have access to the Internet. Now who would love to see and idea like that?
rbsanford

Re: Volunteering with the developers

#2 Post by rbsanford » 05 Oct 2022 03:36

I'd recommend visiting the Public Research area. That's the best place to go if you want to contribute insight as a local, since the devs visit that part of the forum "on a daily basis" (according to Kraake in a post made when that subforum was still new back in 2018; it's quieter now, but I'm sure it still gets attention).
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

Re: Volunteering with the developers

#3 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 15:06

Agreed. The public research is the best place to add information.

Return to “General discussion about the game”