Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Peterbilt Trucks Discussion Thread

#551 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 14:14

Its not a miss opportunity if SCS can't get Peterbilt nor Kenworth to negotiate with them for the NG. Paccar isn't driving the bus. That's the issue SCS faces. Because the NG Paccars are not here, its SCS's fault. That's not the case. They have to get approvals for vehicles and their facilities. Like I mentioned, its not automatic just because we have Peterbilt trucks in the game. The dealerships are pretty much fictional. They can get by with those but plants, they'd be under licensing for sure.

Missed opportunity for the plant? Not really. They can place a fictional building there just like they did for WS in Oregon. It took awhile to get the green light to add the branding to that bldg. If agreements for plants where not negotiated in the beginning, they have to request/change agreement verbiage. When in doubt, confirm with manufacturer's. Last thing we need is one of them backing out of ATS at this point.
Tristman

#552 Post by Tristman » 05 Oct 2022 16:07

We gotta keep in mind that Texas isn't here yet though. Maybe SCS wants to keep anything related to a next gen Peterbilt or the Peterbilt factory a surprise. The deliverable company in 1.46 OB is just a little tease for us who really search out the details. I assume the addition of more Peterbilt content is dependent on both Peterbilt and the SCS vehicle team, so I could also see SCS not announcing it yet just in case something delays it.

And yeah, if it doesn't come with the Texas release, that doesn't mean it's off the table forever. It could always come after the actual Texas release like Flight said.
flight50

#553 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 17:06

Agreed. I just don't want people getting pissed and flame SCS for something they can't control if that plant isn't there. What's to say they haven't been trying. Heck they tried getting the Old Cascadia in the game at release and look where we're at now. Disappointment will kick in for sure but negativity feed back wouldn't be justified. Automatic just doesn't' apply. Having all 7 brands is for the trucks. No telling about the plants. We got 1 out of 7 so far.
JoeAlex23

#554 Post by JoeAlex23 » 05 Oct 2022 17:16

I think some people expect the Peterbilt plant in Denton is because of the dealers marked as a company on the map in 1.46 beta and the Peterbilt piggyback trucks, the Kenworth dealers weren't marked on the map as a company until the Kenworth plant was introduced with the Washington DLC and the Kenworth piggyback trucks were introduced on the beta before Washington was released if i remember right.

I think it's valid to speculate that the Peterbilt plant will be there on Texas release or at least the building, the Texas blog about the Interchanges and Bridges has one picture on the same exit to go to the Denton plant, that should be a good hint but it also should be taken with a bag of salt.
Vk56dehan

#555 Post by Vk56dehan » 05 Oct 2022 18:11

flight50 wrote: 05 Oct 2022 14:14 Its not a miss opportunity if SCS can't get Peterbilt nor Kenworth to negotiate with them for the NG. Paccar isn't driving the bus. That's the issue SCS faces. Because the NG Paccars are not here, its SCS's fault. That's not the case. They have to get approvals for vehicles and their facilities. Like I mentioned, its not automatic just because we have Peterbilt trucks in the game. The dealerships are pretty much fictional. They can get by with those but plants, they'd be under licensing for sure.

Missed opportunity for the plant? Not really. They can place a fictional building there just like they did for WS in Oregon. It took awhile to get the green light to add the branding to that bldg. If agreements for plants where not negotiated in the beginning, they have to request/change agreement verbiage. When in doubt, confirm with manufacturer's. Last thing we need is one of them backing out of ATS at this point.
All I said/ meant was it would be a missed opportunity in general because it would be awesome to have TX, plant, and new ng trio release at the same time. Not that it was anyones fault if it didn't happen. Hints why I said "but sometimes it just doesnt work out that way". Dont read so much into it. It was that simple.
Last edited by Vk56dehan on 05 Oct 2022 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
flight50

#556 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 18:27

You do realize I'm speaking in general and trying to provide information for everyone right. I didn't quote you. I reference one portion you said...miss opportunity. My post is not all about you. I brought in the tons of past comments I see on here of people pointing fingers over the years. Did I specifically state you said it was SCS's fault, nope. You just started contributing to post here recently and missed like 5 years worth of back and forth conversations here about trucks in ATS. No one is calling you out or attacking you though. So its you that read too much into my reply. Sorry you took it personal. I'll make separate sentence next time.
Vk56dehan

#557 Post by Vk56dehan » 05 Oct 2022 18:33

flight50 wrote: 05 Oct 2022 18:27 You do realize I'm speaking in general and trying to provide information for everyone right. Its not about you. I'm talking about tons of past comments I see on here of people pointing fingers. Did I specific state you said it was SCS's fault, nope. You just started contributing to post here recently and missed like 5 years worth of back and forth conversations here. No one is calling you out or attacking you though. So its you that read too much into my reply.
Yep text has a way of doing that. Point is my post wasnt to put blame on anyone or anything like that. Your post, with quoting mine, makes it read in that way hints my response. It was more so to be excited about what could be. Anyways it really is too bad scs can't be more forthcoming with info as to why things dont happen or are so delayed. At the same time tho that would probably also come off as bashing the company they are working with. Especially if the deal falls through.
flight50

#558 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 18:50

I didn't quote you though. Quoting is what you're doing to my post. I referenced a part of your sentence without quoting. But if you say I quote, cool. I totally agree on what we could be excited about. There's tons to be excited about. Unfortunately SCS will be quiet on this subject. When Carthoo was still at SCS, he promised us a LB and we never got it. I think that would have explained a lot. He even made a thread for us to ask questions and he was gonna pic some of those and give us answers to the ones he could answer. That never happened so its a ton of speculation about trucks. Oscar isn't touching the subject with us so we are left speculating still.

Thing is that people don't read into all involved factors to why something isn't' in the game and blame SCS. That was a general statement though.
Vk56dehan

#559 Post by Vk56dehan » 05 Oct 2022 18:56

flight50 wrote: 05 Oct 2022 18:50 I didn't quote you though. Quoting is what you're doing to my post. I referenced a part of your sentence without quoting. But if you say I quote, cool. I totally agree on what we could be excited about. There's tons to be excited about. Unfortunately SCS will be quiet on this subject. When Carthoo was still at SCS, he promised us a LB and we never got it. I think that would have explained a lot. He even made a thread for us to ask questions and he was gonna pic some of those and give us answers to the ones he could answer. That never happened so its a ton of speculation about trucks. Oscar isn't touching the subject with us so we are left speculating still.

Thing is that people don't read into all involved factors to why something isn't' in the game and blame SCS. That was a general statement though.
Nah i thought u did full quote my bad.
Ness

#560 Post by Ness » 06 Oct 2022 18:23

Vk56dehan wrote: 05 Oct 2022 13:42
At least for the time being ya. I think and hope they would update the load once the NG was in traffic. I REALLY feel it is a missed opportunity if the NG doesnt come to players with TX. Sometimes sh*t just doesnt work out tho.
When the Scandinavia DLC for ETS2 came out back in 2015, the Scania trucks trailer were the old ones, when the 2016 NG was released they replaced the trucks with the new one. So them doing the same with the 579 isn't out of the question

Return to “General discussion about the game”