ATS 1.46 Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: ATS 1.46 Open Beta Discussion Thread

#161 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 14:46

LATrucker wrote: 05 Oct 2022 12:24 I wonder when we'll see the doghouse lights in ATS. Initially they were announced for 1.44, but because of an issue they did not make it into the update:
natvander wrote: 26 Apr 2022 02:03 We have discovered a last minute issue with them and may not make the 1.44 deadline. But they are still in the works.
That was back in April and they're still not in ATS. I hope the issue isn't a complete "showstopper" for the lights.
Holly cow, that was 6 months ago. I haven't forgotten either and I was hoping to see those lights debut in Texas blogs. Its gonna be a tonnnnn of work to change those out in Texas once they do come. As long as its acknowledge, I guess I can just wait for the day it does come. At least I don't have to keep requesting for SCS to reference what ProMods Canada did. Just a matter of time now.
The Dude wrote: 05 Oct 2022 12:59 I really like the fact that SCS is adding these "features" to the game without modders having to add them to the mods, Makes life a whole lot easier with updates and I'm digging the "torque" effect.
Agreed. The more they add the less mod dependency. Not everyone uses mods or wants to use a ton of them. The more vanilla the better.
morrelo
SCS Software

#162 Post by morrelo » 05 Oct 2022 14:52

festmache wrote: 04 Oct 2022 22:11
romanb94 wrote: 04 Oct 2022 21:14 After some travveling, I had the impression IA is present in greater numbers, and that the spawn distance of it has increased. It gives more a feeling of "busy roads", and I like it!
That sounds good! :o :o
Can anyone confirm this? It's not in the blog post, but maybe they tweaked it a little.
The spawn distance has not been increased, but the last change of LOD to the "invisible" state has been increased, so yeah, you should see AI vehicles (dis)appearing farther.
And the maximum number of AI vehicles has not been increased either, but the spawning algorithm has been significantly improved, so there should be better balance of vehicles in front of the player and behind the player, better balance between types of vehicles (no more 5 police vehicles after each other), no more desolate/empty spaces without any AI vehicles for hours, etc.
Also there should be no more visible (de)spawning of AI vehicles close to you (closer to like 700 m). For example it was quite common for AI vehicles to (dis)appear on bridges right in front of you while you were travelling on the road below. This issue should be gone too.
T&T, STDS, ETS2 and ATS senior tester/translator.
[ external image ]
parasaurolophus67

#163 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 05 Oct 2022 14:53

Those do sound good to hear.
flight50

#164 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 14:58

@morrelo that is awesome news actually. Thanks for explaining that one. That cuts down on us speculating what's going on. This will be a big plus for Texas. I'm sure even bigger and better things will come with the engine upgrade that's still in the works.
romanb94

#165 Post by romanb94 » 05 Oct 2022 15:06

morrelo wrote: 05 Oct 2022 14:52
The spawn distance has not been increased, but the last change of LOD to the "invisible" state has been increased, so yeah, you should see AI vehicles (dis)appearing farther.
And the maximum number of AI vehicles has not been increased either, but the spawning algorithm has been significantly improved, so there should be better balance of vehicles in front of the player and behind the player, better balance between types of vehicles (no more 5 police vehicles after each other), no more desolate/empty spaces without any AI vehicles for hours, etc.
Also there should be no more visible (de)spawning of AI vehicles close to you (closer to like 700 m). For example it was quite common for AI vehicles to (dis)appear on bridges right in front of you while you were travelling on the road below. This issue should be gone too.
thanks for your explanation. I knew it was not so simple as I depicted it, but it's a really appreciated update! :)
rsr

#166 Post by rsr » 05 Oct 2022 15:12

About the Driveshaft_torque enabled, I saw ppl say it makes you have to counteract the force when using a wheel with force feedback but i didnt notice it, do i need to enable something else besides the driveshaft option? I have all the force feedback settings at default.
TruckingWolfUSA

#167 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 05 Oct 2022 15:18

flight50 wrote: 05 Oct 2022 14:46
LATrucker wrote: 05 Oct 2022 12:24 I wonder when we'll see the doghouse lights in ATS. Initially they were announced for 1.44, but because of an issue they did not make it into the update:

That was back in April and they're still not in ATS. I hope the issue isn't a complete "showstopper" for the lights.
Holly cow, that was 6 months ago. I haven't forgotten either and I was hoping to see those lights debut in Texas blogs. Its gonna be a tonnnnn of work to change those out in Texas once they do come. As long as its acknowledge, I guess I can just wait for the day it does come. At least I don't have to keep requesting for SCS to reference what ProMods Canada did. Just a matter of time now.
The Dude wrote: 05 Oct 2022 12:59 I really like the fact that SCS is adding these "features" to the game without modders having to add them to the mods, Makes life a whole lot easier with updates and I'm digging the "torque" effect.
Agreed. The more they add the less mod dependency. Not everyone uses mods or wants to use a ton of them. The more vanilla the better.
I’ll say this much, TX lights aren’t in the beta just yet. So there’s still a chance that they’re working on it.
We’ll see.
flight50

#168 Post by flight50 » 05 Oct 2022 15:20

@rsr Check your stability slider. If its too high, its less noticeable.
Holzauge

#169 Post by Holzauge » 05 Oct 2022 15:20

@supersobes , thanks 😊
And thanks @rsr , I will experiment a bi! 😉
VDMA
LATrucker

#170 Post by LATrucker » 05 Oct 2022 16:20

flight50 wrote: 05 Oct 2022 14:46 Holly cow, that was 6 months ago. I haven't forgotten either and I was hoping to see those lights debut in Texas blogs. Its gonna be a tonnnnn of work to change those out in Texas once they do come. As long as its acknowledge, I guess I can just wait for the day it does come. At least I don't have to keep requesting for SCS to reference what ProMods Canada did. Just a matter of time now.
I was pretty suprised too :lol:
But I'm a bit worried about the time it seems to take to bring the feature into the game. Most probably we won't get another update this year, so this could mean we'll have to wait for quite a time to get those lights.
I just hope they're able to fix those issues .

Return to “General discussion about the game”