Question on Game Saves

GT182

Question on Game Saves

#1 Post by GT182 » 04 Oct 2022 15:58

I have over 2000 deliveries in my logbook. ATS says I have 1245 Game Saves. I know that either way it's a lot as my ATS is slow to load once I start to play. How can I reduce Saves and not screw up ATS up using my main profile? My 2nd profile, when I decide to use it, starts much faster. I want to keep the main profile, so I don't have to basicly start from scratch and discover everything all over again. I've got a lot of time and miles added that I don't want to lose.

I checked in the Documents/ATS folder and saw a long list that goes from profiles(1.28.1.1s)bak to profiles(1.45.3.9s)bak. I haven't done anything, as in delete, with that list as I'm afraid I'll completely screw up ATS. Or should I go back to the beginning of the Save Game list and delete each individual Save that I won't use again.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
JoeAlex23

Re: Question on Game Saves

#2 Post by JoeAlex23 » 04 Oct 2022 16:17

You can delete all the folders ending in .bak without problems, that's just a backup the game does everytime you update it in case you have to go back to a previous version, they are useless after a while, i personally only keep the ones from the last 2 versions just in case, can't even imagine how much disk space all of those folders are taking on your PC 😂
55sixxx

#3 Post by 55sixxx » 04 Oct 2022 16:23

What I did was (ETS2), turn off steam cloud so the saves will be transfered to my PC. Then I checked which one was the most recent and which was the oldest, kept both and deleted all of the ones in between the oldest save and the newest. It did not messed up my game and it runs fine and loads faster.
VTXcnME

#4 Post by VTXcnME » 05 Oct 2022 20:36

@JoeAlex23 I do the same, and yeah.... those backups take up more space than I thought they would have.
GT182

#5 Post by GT182 » 06 Oct 2022 17:11

Ok, thanks guys. I'll turn off Steam Cloud. But two questions on deleting. Do you go into Save Game and delete each Save one at a time? I have a mess of them. I don't understand clicking on the first and last to delete the ones in between to delete them. Is that a special folder where all are located?
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “Technical Problems”