Older trucks for the game may be a must

1948LJMack

Older trucks for the game may be a must

#1 Post by 1948LJMack » 06 Oct 2022 19:23

In Farming Simulator, I have seen several of the trucks that I remember from back i the days when I was a teenager. The International Transtar had two designs. The 4070A Transtar has the windshield wipers mounted on the bottom portion of the windshield. the 4070B has the windshield wipers that hung from the top of the windshield. The International 9370 also had wipers that hung from the top. That truck should be added to ATS. Alex, fasten your seatbelt because the trucks I am about to tell you about the trucks that should be added to ATS.

1955 WC22 White. Many moving companies bought those and often inside them, there was a shift knob that was tall and was well designed for the drivers that would shift with their entire fist. It was shaped almost like a cone but not quite. And they came in different colors. The early ones had the wipers that hung from the top and the newer ones had the wipers that sat on the bottom but both of them faced away from each other.

1955 L model Mack. My user name represents one of the L model Macks. They were built between the late 1940s until 1956. That truck had the wipers that hung from the top. It often came with two sticks. Like a 5 x 4 as they would list the transmission set up in the truck. Some people of the American Truck Historical Society has driven that truck. I have a truck friend who lives in Rockyford Colorado that has one. And he has one of the last ones produced.

1953 W71 Mack For those who don't know who Dr. Bill Comcowich is, he was the guy that had really 2 careers. A truck driver and he was also a dentist. His practice in dentistry was pretty expensive. His truck was the W71 Mack and it had a 5 x 3 in it. The engine was a Cummins. He died shortly before I joined the historic truck club.

1954 Diamond T 923 C and the 1956 Diamond T 951 conventional. Richard Gurrera was a man who died of cancer also shortly after I joined the historic truck club. He loved Diamond Ts. He also loved the R model Internationals. He was featured in the ATHS series volume 1. He drove the 1955 International RDF which is known as the Westcoaster and he drove the 1955 International RDFC which was the cabover. The Diamond T 923 C cabover was sometimes called the "China Closet" due to the way the cab was shaped.

1965 White 3000 cabover. That truck was made by the thousands. It was what some would say a "do-it-all" cabover. It was skinny enough to go on narrow streets, although it was strong enough to do long haul work. Many oil companies bought those for deliveries to homes that had gas fired furnaces. In the 1970s, White made the Road Boss which was bought by several construction companies and they also made the Road Commander. In about the early 1980s, they did reverse the passenger side windshield wiper so that both blades face to the passenger side of the truck.
BestLawEnforcement

Re: Older trucks for the game may be a must

#2 Post by BestLawEnforcement » 18 Oct 2022 02:34

If a cabover was added I'd probably be set for another 5 hours straight. I do think old trucks would do good in the game and it would give more to the game in my opinion
room217au

Re: Older trucks for the game may be a must

#3 Post by room217au » 19 Oct 2022 06:38

Perhaps an agreement could be struck between SCS and truck makers to add a "Nostalgia" element to the game, where older (authorised) trucks would be available.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”