Tire screeching sound for understeer

Unster

Tire screeching sound for understeer

#1 Post by Unster » 07 Oct 2022 18:35

There's very little or no feedback to let you know you're taking a turn too fast. It would be nice if game played tire screeching sounds to indicate that. Very hard braking, even with ABS, should make some sound as well.
Vk56dehan

Re: Tire screeching sound for understeer

#3 Post by Vk56dehan » 08 Oct 2022 17:49

Agreed. Im actually surprised I havent REALLY noticed the absence. I always knew something was a little off. Maybe just played it for so long I got use to it not being there as expectations like that were lower in the games baby years.

Edit: I dont think there is a vibration for tire skid either, at least on a controller. Feedback plus tire slip/skid sound would be good.
Unster

#4 Post by Unster » 08 Oct 2022 19:27

Vk56dehan wrote: 08 Oct 2022 17:49 Agreed. Im actually surprised I havent REALLY noticed the absence. I always knew something was a little off. Maybe just played it for so long I got use to it not being there as expectations like that were lower in the games baby years.

Edit: I dont think there is a vibration for tire skid either, at least on a controller. Feedback plus tire slip/skid sound would be good.
SCS added FFB for tire skid, but at least on my wheel it's minimal and kind of weird, so I turned it off. Screeching sounds would make a lot more sense.
Vk56dehan

#5 Post by Vk56dehan » 08 Oct 2022 19:29

Unster wrote: 08 Oct 2022 19:27
Vk56dehan wrote: 08 Oct 2022 17:49 Agreed. Im actually surprised I havent REALLY noticed the absence. I always knew something was a little off. Maybe just played it for so long I got use to it not being there as expectations like that were lower in the games baby years.

SCS added FFB for tire skid, but at least on my wheel it's minimal and kind of weird, so I turned it off. Screeching sounds would make a lot more sense.
Ya I dont recall it on my controller. I'll pay attention next time....and check my settings as it might be that. Didnt know it was optional.
Optional Features

#6 Post by Optional Features » 08 Oct 2022 21:38

But breaking traction is still almost impossible in game, regardless of weather conditions. The tires are glued to the road.
Unster

#7 Post by Unster » 08 Oct 2022 23:48

seriousmods wrote: 08 Oct 2022 21:38 But breaking traction is still almost impossible in game, regardless of weather conditions. The tires are glued to the road.
No, that's not true. It is possible to make the tires slip, but they are more grippy than they should be on dry surfaces. Wet surfaces seem OK. If anything, they might be too slippery.
Optional Features

#8 Post by Optional Features » 09 Oct 2022 00:52

Unster wrote: 08 Oct 2022 23:48 No, that's not true. It is possible to make the tires slip, but they are more grippy than they should be on dry surfaces. Wet surfaces seem OK. If anything, they might be too slippery.
You've been able to lock up your wheels or slide in game?
Vk56dehan

#9 Post by Vk56dehan » 09 Oct 2022 01:00

seriousmods wrote: 09 Oct 2022 00:52
Unster wrote: 08 Oct 2022 23:48 No, that's not true. It is possible to make the tires slip, but they are more grippy than they should be on dry surfaces. Wet surfaces seem OK. If anything, they might be too slippery.
You've been able to lock up your wheels or slide in game?
Ive been able to spin in dirt for sure.....like coming out of a steep quarry in a 4x2 hauling heavy. Been a long time since I did that though. Generally run standard freight. For sure my braking distance also increases noticeably in the rain. Havent looked to see what the tires are doing in that instance tho. Also can slid the rear ina 4x2 while turning and braking. Never had the front tires skid though.
Optional Features

#10 Post by Optional Features » 09 Oct 2022 01:08

Vk56dehan wrote: 09 Oct 2022 01:00 Ive been able to spin in dirt for sure.....like coming out of a steep quarry in a 4x2 hauling heavy. Been a long time since I did that though. Generally run standard freight. For sure my braking distance also increases noticeably in the rain. Havent looked to see what the tires are doing in that instance tho.
Yeah, I'm mainly referring to asphalt. Like in this third video: that's not possible in game to what I know, and Volvos are known for having some of the best safety systems around.

Same with this: I've never found evidence that jackknifing is possible, even in rain. I've tried frosty physics, and while the truck takes longer to stop, the wheels continue to turn at the same speed as vehicle movement. It basically just makes the brakes weaker.

If the tire physics worked as they should, frosty physics would allow something like this to happen.

A couple european examples:

Last edited by Optional Features on 09 Oct 2022 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”