Convoy server list optional mods suggestions

finbar64

Convoy server list optional mods suggestions

#1 Post by finbar64 » 25 Nov 2022 03:14

My suggestion is that the convoy server list defaults to having the "Sessions with optional MODs" filter activated rather than deactivated. Currently when you first view the server browser after loading your game, you will only see servers which have "optional MODs" disabled. You have to open the "advanced filters" and tick the "Sessions with optional MODs" box every time you load your game to see the complete server list. Having all the servers show by default would make it much easier for people to play together, with no servers being hidden behind an advanced menu.

It would also be good if the "Enable optional mods" setting was activated by default when hosting a convoy for the first time, rather than the other way around. I think most people would like their optional mods (UI, dashboards etc) to continue working when playing online. An added benefit is not needing to download all of the host's optional mods as well.

I understand the optional mods setting is a new feature so there may be some reservations in making it the default setting, but hopefully now that it has been observed to be working well, it could be the default option. More and more mod makers are adding the "mp_mod_optional: true" line to their manifest.sii file, so it seems like a good time to take advantage of this great feature and make optional MODs enabled the default filter settings and allow more people to easily run convoys together. :)
Angel_Arrow

Re: Convoy server list optional mods suggestions

#2 Post by Angel_Arrow » 13 Aug 2023 15:48

Exactly the way I'm thinking about it! Well explained on all counts.

SCS Software should indeed make "optional mods" a default setting when uploading the mods to the Steam workshop via the SCS Software Uploader. I think that it is also the only place where they can "enforce" that default setting, right? They can't control modders that do not put their work on the Steam workshop.

Off Topic: I wonder if posts like this one are making it to someone that can make a difference?! I have a couple of suggestions posted on this forum as well but just like this one, they don't get a lot of attention. Which makes me wonder if it reaches someone of SCS at all.
xXCARL1992Xx

#3 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Aug 2023 15:54

optional mod is an entry in the def files of the mod, the uploader doesnt modify files, it is the modders job do add this tag and decide if this mod is optional or not and not SCS.
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
skyking_eam

#4 Post by skyking_eam » 13 Aug 2023 16:05

My preference for this is, that the server operator decide which mod on his server is optional or not.
Maverick

#5 Post by Maverick » 14 Aug 2023 08:28

skyking_eam wrote: 13 Aug 2023 16:05 My preference for this is, that the server operator decide which mod on his server is optional or not.
This could get tricky if the server operator doesn't understand what can and cannot be optional.
H-G-B

#6 Post by H-G-B » 14 Aug 2023 10:37

So for me, the filter settings are exactly as I had set them last. The same applies to the settings for creating a Konvoys session.

Many mod creators either don't know that you can insert the line "mp_mod_optional: true" in the manifest.sii to mark the mods accordingly. or you are too lazy to insert them.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”