Missouri DLC ideas

Tails

Re: Missouri DLC ideas

#11 Post by Tails » 24 Sep 2022 20:19

Ford assembly plant in Kansas City , Missouri could be more logical location for the Ford F150 pickup cargo and the Ford Transit vans that are currently in the traffic AI but could get added the car transporter cargo.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ford+ ... 94.4824273
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
jimmythegeek

#12 Post by jimmythegeek » 28 Sep 2022 18:13

flight50 wrote: 15 Sep 2022 01:02 As long as the underground Kraft cold storage comes to Springfield, I'm already excited for the dlc.
French's used to cold-store their dijon mustards in Springfield Underground. It's been 15 years since I worked there, though, so things might have changed.

On the larger topic of Missouri sights, I am hoping that SCS will dive deep into the Route 66 history. Springfield was the headquarters where Cyrus Avery and John Woodruff laid out plans for the national highway, and campaigned to have it designated Route 66. (Woodruff built a hotel in the middle of Springfield to host Route 66 travelers; that hotel, now known as Kentwood Hall, is part of the Missouri State University campus.) All of I-44 closely parallels Route 66; where the interstate didn't absorb the older highway, Route 66 still exists as interstate service roads. Many of the Route 66 landmarks are visible from the interstate.

If SCS is looking to build some challenges into the Missouri map, the Ozarks are ready and able. The mountains and foothills are not tall, especially not in comparison to the western ranges; but the roads are steep and have plenty of curves. A trucker would need to brake on the downhills and downshift on the ups.

In addition to the interstates, I'm hoping to get big chunks of US-60 and US-67 on the map. US-60 already appears in Arizona and New Mexico; we should see it in Texas and Oklahoma too. US-67 is interesting, in that it's mostly an east-west route in Texas, bends in Arkansas, and becomes a north-south route through Missouri/Illinois/Iowa. US-60 is almost guaranteed to appear, as it's the direct route between Springfield and Cape Girardeau; US-67 might run too close to I-55 to be built into the game. (Which I would find disappointing, because it's both a pretty drive and a steep one.)
1948LJMack wrote: 22 Sep 2022 02:04 For industry, St. Louis has the Schnucks grocery store chain which spreads through out the state of Missouri. The store chain has two warehouses. One in Bridgeton and one just north of Overland.
Schnucks has expanded into Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana. (They used to have an Iowa store, but it closed mid-Covid.) If SCS is looking for a regional grocery chain that can be leveraged into multiple state DLCs, they could do worse.

Boeing (Darwing in-game) has a plant adjacent to Lambert International Airport in St. Louis. F-15s and F-18s have been built there since McDonnell-Douglas developed the original designs 40+ years ago.

Ford assembly in KC, GM assembly in Wentzville (St. Louis exurb, close to the junction of I-70 and US 61).

Much more to be mentioned, but I should probably do some work today... :D
1948LJMack

#13 Post by 1948LJMack » 26 Oct 2022 01:11

We know that in both Cape Girardeau and in Branson, there are great ideas for more deliveries. Branson like I say is the entertainment capital of the world. For fuel, you have Scotty's Boat Dock, as may boats pull into the marina to get gas for their boats, 42Proint would make a ton of money for deliveries to the many theaters and museums in Branson. They also have several restaurants and to no doubt, there could be a new market right there for delivery destinations. Plenty of places to collect recyclables as well. The Presley's is a veteran theater. Branson Landing is also home to where you have a Bass Pro store, and several other offices and shops. Be warned that backing into the loading area in Branson may be tricky as who ever built it didn't think too kindly about how much space big trucks take when they back into the loading docks. US 65 intersects with two or three famous highways in Branson. You have MO State route 465 (Ozark Mountain Highroad), MO State route 248, MO State route 76, all intersecting with US 65. Then once you come into Holister, you have Missouri State route 165. There is a Spirit Shop located at 2902 US 65 in Holister.
nater6540

#14 Post by nater6540 » 27 Nov 2022 04:56

1948LJMack wrote: 22 Sep 2022 02:04 Not only is there Scott City where Ron Pratt works when it comes to truck repair centers, but there is also Joplin, MO which was the filming location for the TV show, "Trick my Truck". For industry, St. Louis has the Schnucks grocery store chain which spreads through out the state of Missouri. The store chain has two warehouses. One in Bridgeton and one just north of Overland.
Yeah, I’m very vaguely familiar with Joplin, I believe that was the place that nearly got completely flattened by an absolute monster of an F5 tornado a few years back (2011 iirc).
SmokeyWolf

#15 Post by SmokeyWolf » 27 Nov 2022 05:05

Growing up on the IL side of St. Louis and driving locally in St. Louis. There is a lot of smaller mom and pop business' in St. Louis. Most of the freight goes to the suburbs of St. Louis such as Hazelwood, Bridgeton, Eureka, etc. Lot of it also goes to Edwardsville on the IL side to the warehouses there.

Far as the rest of Missouri goes, Hannibal has a Global Mills plant there. The caves in Springfield, Carthage, and KC have been mentioned. You also have associated grocers in Springfield and KC too. Can't forget Springfield is home to Bass Pro Shop and Tracker boats. Actually the boats come out of Lebanon.

Hopefully they include US 36 as that is a major trucking route from KC to Hannibal and points east.
1948LJMack

#16 Post by 1948LJMack » 27 Nov 2022 17:32

Yes. Hazelwood, Bridgeton, some parts of Overland, Maryland Heights, Kirkwood and Fenton also has several freight ideas. Walbert has a warehouse in St. James, MO I think. But they have the retail shop in Kirkwood right at 61-67 @ I-44. Tree Court Industrial Park is off of Marshall Road and it also has an entrance off of Big Bend. Although the Halgreens design would fit in perfectly with Kirkwood because of of the overall design of the building on how it used to look prior to the mid-1980s fire.
1948LJMack

#17 Post by 1948LJMack » 30 Nov 2022 02:26

In Branson, I think when it comes to delivering to theaters such as ticket rolls, and paper to print the receipts, usually the big trucks take that material to a warehouse where it is transferred onto smaller trucks. Somehow I was bullied about my idea of deliveries to theaters. Theaters like the ones in Branson need a lot of electronics. Like what if one was about to be remodeled and they needed a whole new set of computers, lighting, amps for the synthesizers and electric guitars, things like that. The 76 Country Music Mall might even be more ideal because you have much more paper products such as ticket rolls, paper for the cash receipts, etc. There is a recycling center located at 274 Buchanan Road and that would be a good place to pick up bales of recyclables. And now since there is a glass factory in Texas, this would be a good run from Branson to the glass factory.
Axel Slingerland

#18 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Nov 2022 18:06

Don't forget Fort Leonard Wood, aka Fort Lost In The Woods, where the U.S. Army Engineer School is.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
1948LJMack

#19 Post by 1948LJMack » 18 Dec 2022 23:53

Axel Slingerland wrote: 30 Nov 2022 18:06 Don't forget Fort Leonard Wood, aka Fort Lost In The Woods, where the U.S. Army Engineer School is.
A lot of paper product deliveries to that place for sure. Also several deliveries of office supplies there as well.
1948LJMack

#20 Post by 1948LJMack » 24 Jan 2023 17:25

When I heard that Oklahoma sparked the introduction to city public works operations, this is why you hear me talk about Kirkwood a lot. Their recycling depository is really something. The public enters the facility off of Taylor while the trucks enter it off of Fillmore. A lot of waste paper, packaging, and glass to collect there. I am actually a Missouri native myself as I have lived in Kirkwood all my life. And just west of 44 and 270, you have a Kenworth truck dealer and a truck stop. The Kenworth truck dealer is on one side of Soccer Park Road while the truck stop is on the other side of it. If we are going to be hauling away trash, there is a water treatment facility in southern Oakville where you pull your truck inside an indoor truck bay to receive your load. and yes, there is a cave at the Bussen Quarry which is south of where I-270 crosses the Mississippi River.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”