More realistic rollovers

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: More realistic rollovers

#11 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Nov 2022 23:06

how do you want to do this ? a keyboard is on or off, there is no half in between and not everybody has an expensive mechanical keyboard with pressure sensitive input where it might be possible
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#12 Post by Optional Features » 27 Nov 2022 01:49

Unster wrote: 26 Nov 2022 23:02 Actually the trailers don't all feel the same, which makes it even trickier to fine-tune those stability sliders. Some of them certainly do behave as if more top-heavy.
Maybe it's just my settings then. I would just assume that a cattle trailer (moving cargo), a tanker (sloshing liquid cargo), a car carrier (cargo with individual suspensions), and a van trailer with just stock pallets would feel significantly different.

And I assume the main difference in game with the best settings would be based solely on height?
Unster

#13 Post by Unster » 27 Nov 2022 19:23

seriousmods wrote: 27 Nov 2022 01:49
Unster wrote: 26 Nov 2022 23:02 Actually the trailers don't all feel the same, which makes it even trickier to fine-tune those stability sliders. Some of them certainly do behave as if more top-heavy.
Maybe it's just my settings then. I would just assume that a cattle trailer (moving cargo), a tanker (sloshing liquid cargo), a car carrier (cargo with individual suspensions), and a van trailer with just stock pallets would feel significantly different.

And I assume the main difference in game with the best settings would be based solely on height?
Right, the difference in the feel of trailers is just their mass and center of gravity. Some tip of over easier than others at the same stability settings.
Unster

#14 Post by Unster » 27 Nov 2022 19:26

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 26 Nov 2022 23:06 how do you want to do this ? a keyboard is on or off, there is no half in between and not everybody has an expensive mechanical keyboard with pressure sensitive input where it might be possible
It's not that complicated, and the game may already have this ability though I haven't tested it since I don't play with a keyboard. What I was talking about is the ability to set the steering speed and maybe even the linearity when a key is pressed. You'd set it to whatever works for you. Then if you drive at a safe speed, tipping over shouldn't be an issue even with 100% realistic physics.
xXCARL1992Xx

#15 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Nov 2022 19:32

steering linearity is already a thing, but it still wouldnt help at all, you have to tip the key to stay inline and nothing will change this other then truck stability, it would also make it a pain for keyboard user to manoeuvre if they reverse park because the steering takes to long, it already is a bit of a pain with a gamepad and steering linearity set so i dont jerk into the guard rail if i move the stick over the point where the steering just slams to the full steering
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Unster

#16 Post by Unster » 27 Nov 2022 20:01

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 27 Nov 2022 19:32 steering linearity is already a thing, but it still wouldnt help at all, you have to tip the key to stay inline and nothing will change this other then truck stability, it would also make it a pain for keyboard user to manoeuvre if they reverse park because the steering takes to long, it already is a bit of a pain with a gamepad and steering linearity set so i dont jerk into the guard rail if i move the stick over the point where the steering just slams to the full steering
Progressive steering would take care of that, where the longer you hold the key the faster the steering wheel turns. So you can tap to make small changes or keep the wheel around the current position, or hold it to steer faster and faster to make fast turns at low speed where stability isn't an issue anyway.
Optional Features

#17 Post by Optional Features » 27 Nov 2022 22:33

Unster wrote: 27 Nov 2022 19:23 Right, the difference in the feel of trailers is just their mass and center of gravity. Some tip of over easier than others at the same stability settings.
Yeah, improvement is needed.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”