Index Outside Array Boundaries Crash

DoubleG01

Index Outside Array Boundaries Crash

#1 Post by DoubleG01 » 27 Nov 2022 20:10

Hello all,

I am hoping I might be able to get some help with an issue I am having with a map edit/modification I have created for a VTC - which up until sometime within the past week seemed to be working without much of any issue.

The map edit consists of a couple of different company "terminals", each with their own modified / "custom" company to simulate picking up / dropping off loads from the company's yard. Previously I had tested my latest build of the edit and was able to successfully pickup and drop off loads from both locations without issue (one is in Ontario, OR & the other is in Albuquerque, NM). A few days ago I noticed steam had downloaded an update/patch, and upon loading into the game I tried to take a load from the Ontario location but whenever I tried to click "Take job" the game would crash within 1 - 2 seconds. It is odd because it is reproducible every time, with or without any additional mods (I have tested on a completely fresh profile with only my map modification) and it is also strange because I only have this crash with this location (the one I made in Albuquerque does not have any issue with crashing). I tried to look to the gamelog to see what could be the cause, but the only errors I saw were ones about not having a display name in the modification, and then a long error at the very end mentioning "00:02:21.424 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ats_146_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections\arrays\arrays_base_impl.h(475): ??A?$array_t@PEAVnode_item_t@prism@@@prism@@QEBAAEBQEAVnode_item_t@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries."

I've tried searching for this error in the forums and on the internet but am not able to find much concrete information as to what exactly causes it or if it is able to be diagnosed specifically somehow - so I have attached my full game.log.txt & game.crash.txt in hopes that maybe someone else can see something in them I cannot? I'm just hoping to figure out what exactly I need to resolve / change to try to get it working again, as it was working fine the other day and I would hate to have to abandon the project. I can also link to the modification in DM as well, if someone would like to take a look at the actual edits in the map editor, although I'd prefer not to post it publicly since it is not working correctly currently.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

game.log.txt: https://pastebin.com/N46nkavj
game.crash.txt: https://pastebin.com/X9F3dL8Z
TheOtherCorey

Re: Index Outside Array Boundaries Crash

#2 Post by TheOtherCorey » 03 Dec 2022 07:30

Did you ever get this figured out? I’m curious if importing your edits into map editor, building the map, than saving will help. You are using only the sectors you changed right?
Sorry for my english, I'm american.
[ external image ]
DoubleG01

#3 Post by DoubleG01 » 05 Dec 2022 00:52

I've tried loading up just the issue sectors and rebuilding and saving but it seems like even that didn't help. Over the holidays I'm going to try to go over it with a fine-toothed comb and also re-do the prefab and company defs from scratch and see if that might help.
TheOtherCorey

#4 Post by TheOtherCorey » 05 Dec 2022 15:19

Another idea I just had because I had it happen to me. You didn’t include a custom game_data.sui in there did you? I added my stand alone garage to that file to get rid of an “unknown garage set-check garagesxxx.sui” error. It worked fine on my end and another drivers game, but two others it didn’t.
Sorry for my english, I'm american.
[ external image ]
DoubleG01

#5 Post by DoubleG01 » 05 Dec 2022 18:27

Just checked to make sure, but no, I do not have a game_data.sui within my mod.

Return to “Technical Problems”