90's Corporation Truck

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
RTGr

Re: 90's Corporation Truck

#11 Post by RTGr » 28 Nov 2022 05:49

TheOtherCorey wrote: 28 Nov 2022 05:06
at least a few had been made up until the 95-96 model year.

[/quote]

Thank you, so i go to rebuild my WIM yo WIL!
matt1982

#12 Post by matt1982 » 28 Nov 2022 14:49

Been using this truck a while I must say its one of my favourites I dint even realize there was a wim model in this mod lol been using the wia model do you plan on doing the wim model a daycab like the wia has a day cab option
EricF

#13 Post by EricF » 28 Nov 2022 15:22

Thanks for keeping this mod going. If there was any notification of it going to Trucky mods, I must have missed it because I went to the old Gumroad link to see if there was a 1.46 update only to find the link/page was gone. I was worried the mod was abandoned. It's going back in my fleet now!
System Specs for Beta and performance comparisons:
Ryzen 9 5900x - 32GB RAM - NVMe SSD - RTX2080 Super - 3440x1440 Ultrawide - TrackIR - T248 Wheel/Pedals
TheOtherCorey

#14 Post by TheOtherCorey » 30 Nov 2022 02:56

I wasn't a huge fan of gumroad. I originally had it there so updates would be easy, and donation could happen, but when people stopped opening the update emails and started complaining that it wasn't updated, I knew I had to take it down. So trucky it is.
Sorry for my english, I'm american.
[ external image ]
IwantPETERBILT350

#15 Post by IwantPETERBILT350 » 30 Nov 2022 04:28

Iv never heard of this truck.
Your average American Truck Simulator gamer.
EricF

#16 Post by EricF » 02 Dec 2022 01:34

White and GMC went in together in the latter half of the 80s as White-GMC. It wasn't a full merger, though; it was a co-marketing and manufacturing agreement to save costs. Autocar was owned by White by then, so there were versions of this cab with Autocar logos as well. Volvo stepped in and took a controlling interest in White (which was how they got their start in the heavy trucks market in North America) and eventually the whole operation became Volvo/GMC Heavy Trucks. GMC decided to bow out of the heavy truck market and the co-marketing agreement -- and that was how Volvo fully stepped into the North American market.

White, prior to the co-marketing with GMC, had a big chunk of the fleet market while GMC's market share was slowly shrinking. A lot of corporate fleets bought these trucks under various nameplates and model designations, with a wide range of engines and configurations. They were everywhere on US highways through the 90s, making their way from fleet to fleet as they aged. Grungy old examples were still running around in cheap leasing fleets and as starters for owner-operators just getting off the ground in the early 2000s. Not necessarily the prettiest trucks, but they were hard workers and a huge part of the trucking landscape a few decades ago. A lot of older drivers and truck enthusiasts still have a soft spot for 'em!
System Specs for Beta and performance comparisons:
Ryzen 9 5900x - 32GB RAM - NVMe SSD - RTX2080 Super - 3440x1440 Ultrawide - TrackIR - T248 Wheel/Pedals
TheOtherCorey

#17 Post by TheOtherCorey » 03 Dec 2022 05:59

matt1982 wrote: 28 Nov 2022 14:49 Been using this truck a while I must say its one of my favourites I dint even realize there was a wim model in this mod lol been using the wia model do you plan on doing the wim model a daycab like the wia has a day cab option
I do plan to! I just need to work out fitment of the cab and a good frame length essentially. Than make all the accessories fit for it.
[ external image ]
Rocket455Man

#18 Post by Rocket455Man » 03 Dec 2022 17:28

Hi!

When Volvo come back to US markets?
Real Full Trailer Combination Driver
TheOtherCorey

#19 Post by TheOtherCorey » 04 Dec 2022 09:43

Volvo has been in US markets for many years.
[ external image ]
kevink

#20 Post by kevink » 04 Dec 2022 14:40

EricF wrote: 02 Dec 2022 01:34 White and GMC went in together in the latter half of the 80s as White-GMC. It wasn't a full merger, though; it was a co-marketing and manufacturing agreement to save costs. Autocar was owned by White by then, so there were versions of this cab with Autocar logos as well. Volvo stepped in and took a controlling interest in White (which was how they got their start in the heavy trucks market in North America) and eventually the whole operation became Volvo/GMC Heavy Trucks. GMC decided to bow out of the heavy truck market and the co-marketing agreement -- and that was how Volvo fully stepped into the North American market.

White, prior to the co-marketing with GMC, had a big chunk of the fleet market while GMC's market share was slowly shrinking. A lot of corporate fleets bought these trucks under various nameplates and model designations, with a wide range of engines and configurations. They were everywhere on US highways through the 90s, making their way from fleet to fleet as they aged. Grungy old examples were still running around in cheap leasing fleets and as starters for owner-operators just getting off the ground in the early 2000s. Not necessarily the prettiest trucks, but they were hard workers and a huge part of the trucking landscape a few decades ago. A lot of older drivers and truck enthusiasts still have a soft spot for 'em!
As I understood it, White Motors was basically insolvent by 1981. Volvo stepped in and purchaesed WM assets that they needed to start making a play for the NA heavy truck market. Volvo-White was the legal name for Volvo's truck making entity until the late 80s. As the late 80s rolled around, General Motors was exploring sales of various divisions or businesses they didn't want to pursue (GM Truck & Bus, Electro Motive, Detroit Diesel, etc). The Class 8 truck market was among the casualties. GM and Volvo created Volvo GM Heavy Truck Corp, with the published idea that it would remain a joint venture and that GM wasn't entirely abandoning Class 8 heavy trucks. This is where the White-GMC brand came from.

Of course as the early 90s dawned, GM was in bad shape and started winding down its investments in the joint venture. I think Volvo bought out whatever share GM had left in the company by 1998, renaming the company to Volvo Trucks North America.

Return to “Trucks”