SCS General Discussion Thread

jcpinho

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#23281 Post by jcpinho » 30 Nov 2022 14:56

ETS 2 had a decent year, nobody lost anymore SCS didn't release Russian DLC. People keep complaining about it, it's not their fault.

I've been playing ETS 2 and ATS since launch, the wait time for releases in the past was much longer. ATS spent 3 years without new trucks...
[ external image ][ external image ]

Google translator, sorry.
Tekashi

#23282 Post by Tekashi » 30 Nov 2022 14:58

More like 2 years, still a lot of time, but not 3 years worth of time.
F4R35

#23283 Post by F4R35 » 30 Nov 2022 15:11

Mohegan13 wrote: 30 Nov 2022 13:15 Given that all the screens they posted were Maya based not in game, it was a bit of a long shot it would come this year. Not impossible by any means, I wouldn't be surprised if we see it Q1 2023.
They said DAF approached them with the Idea of the NGD in October 2020, and it was delivered less than 8 months later, MAN delivered the Cad renders over a year ago!
Also, the NG Scania 3D scanning was done in January and the Truck was launched in November.

I belive if they planned it for 2022 they will be 100% able to deliver! but other projects have higher priority, Like Feldbinder DLC...etc
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
plykkegaard

#23284 Post by plykkegaard » 30 Nov 2022 15:24

Please, the devlopment is one thing,. to get on terms with the license agreement is very different

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
F4R35

#23285 Post by F4R35 » 30 Nov 2022 15:49

I know and the comment I quoted is referring to the development time because it was mentioning the screenshots!

Also, I don't see why MAN would hold the model if it's based on original CAD references. I mean they would like their truck to be launched ASAP
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
Some newbie driver

#23286 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Nov 2022 16:03

The DAF and the WS in ATS are bad examples about timing; the manufacturer is who reach SCS with a deadline so the manufacturer had to put on their part to speed up everything. Also, both models where far from complete at launch date.

A regular launch will require more modeling time, hopefully more testing to reduce at minimum any problem and also will include tons of bureaucratic delays. It has been said several times, the modeling part takes about 1 year. Then it has to be tested and accepted and probably some adjustments made. The images shown were clearly a n early state of development of a single of the several variants. So, more than 1 year since the images, about 1,5 could be a good time frame to do a safe guess.

Also, since DAF, ETS2 has trucks as DLC too; so we cannot guess anymore when they could land based on game versions development cycle. We know pretty sure 1.47 will take a few months at the very least; but any truck could land just tomorrow with no further hint if they want.

Regards
JaDaKa

#23287 Post by JaDaKa » 30 Nov 2022 16:17

I think what fuelled, even more, the expectations was Oscar's statement that there could be more than one truck released this year.
That was said in September I think.

There is a chance that Oscar didn't mean a calendar year or something happened that changed their plans.

People who are expecting MAN etc to be launched by the end of December should not be blamed as neither should Oscar; because in the end we will get some soulless robotic streams where the presenters will be afraid to say anything.

We should keep our cool and I would also like to advise some people here to refrain from using phrases like "anyone who has more than a brain cell" or "completely illogical expectations" and bash people about it.
There are many here who have no experience of what and how long it takes to create a truck from scratch or other complications that may arise.
That's why we are here in the forum to welcome the newbies and for the more experienced people to explain them a few things.
Some newbie driver

#23288 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Nov 2022 16:26

Yes, of course, those Oscar words were said clear and loud and we could expect them to be fulfilled. Something that could be done just tomorrow as I said.

Whatever, I always disliked they did that kind of statements because several times, due reasons not always their fault (see Renault T), those promises ended in big disappointments. It's bad enough already that people turns into promises what are just SCS declarations of intentions. But when SCS does clear statements like this one, of course the backlash could be worse in case something goes wrong; no matter who's at fault.

And you are right that some expressions should not be used to mock people; but at the same time people without any expertise on the topic should refraining to create from nowhere some time frame expectations. If one has never modeled a truck for this game, the first should be to ask what amount of time could be feasible to guess (then some moders could give their hints, or other people could remember the info SCS themselves had provided all those years); instead of directly jumping to a "ah, it's almost done" state of mind. It's not nice to see happening, but easy to understand why that kind of mindset cause sometimes harsh answers.

Regards
Tekashi

#23289 Post by Tekashi » 30 Nov 2022 16:31

Yeah, Oscar saying more trucks this year did make me think that ATS will get at least 1 more truck before the end of the year.
But, then in November he said this:
Oscar wrote: 14 Nov 2022 02:36 As it sometimes happens, some plans may or may not have been delayed...

BTW, I am a native English speaker.
It's from the Next ATS truck speculation thread; it's very ambiguous; "may or may not" doesn't really mean anything, so who knows what's going on with the trucks. 
Graf_Boinenn

#23290 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 30 Nov 2022 16:58

Everybody here is forgetting something.

BRAND APPROVAL.

If MAN and the VW Group doesn't give the green light, we don't have a truck. And that's something SCS can't control.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”