Oklahoma Discussion Thread

Optional Features

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#911 Post by Optional Features » 01 Dec 2022 05:22

I think price also has to do with profit as well. Map dlcs are the main income source, so if they are too cheap, Pavel can't keep the lights on.

They need more funding sources (hello, paid cargo dlc) for the long term. Some states may not sell well initially, and that shouldn't be a concern. Maybe the whole Midwest struggles to sell? Some paid cargo, more paid trailers, and a paid classic truck pack (or tuning pack) could cover for it.
KeganMinecraft

#912 Post by KeganMinecraft » 01 Dec 2022 08:06

Brycero wrote: 28 Nov 2022 22:56 Toll tags would be an awesome addition to the game and another thing for the player to spend money on. However, let's be honest, the amount of toll roads represented in ATS is pretty low so such a feature doesn't need to be developed for quite some time. I know this will most definitely change as we make it further east to states that have more extensive toll networks. But Texas has a sizeable network of tollways, express lanes, toll bridges, and turnpikes -- none of which made the DLC. I do wonder what this means for the addition of new toll systems in ATS.
Oklahoma will be different because of I44 is a tollway all the way also us 412 is one as well they will not be able to avoid them going foward :lol:
KeganMinecraft

#913 Post by KeganMinecraft » 01 Dec 2022 08:11

also, with the prepass system already in game that tells you to pull into a weigh station or not. they could implement something like reduced tolls in the near future
KeganMinecraft

#914 Post by KeganMinecraft » 01 Dec 2022 08:15

Kaleidescoop wrote: 27 Nov 2022 18:57 Maybe time-limited stuff like convention centers and expos? Stuff that isn't constant but does pop up every so often. Closed down stores that usually aren't deliverable but turn into Spirit Halloween knockoffs?

Building maintenance? Maybe a Wallbert location is closed for remodelling or construction and you'd be delivering construction material there to a Plaster and Sons site with scaffolding around the building prefab instead. More road maintenance? Right now it's limited to only that specific type of road and number of lanes, but they could make more variants to fit more types of roads and be able to place them in more locations.

To get even more extreme you could have a cycle with long timers of companies going out of business and being replaced by others and so on and so on. Charged closing, the prefab staying closed for a while, then a Plugged opening in that location, which would stay for a while before going out of business and being replaced by a Poweco, etc. Or even a store that you've delivered to being torn down, turning into a construction site, before being replaced by a different prefab altogether.
speaking of limited time stuff. one thing they could pull off if they add OK 9 east of I 35 is the weather festival at the national weather center it is very popular in Oklahoma City also maybe state fairs could be another one they could pull off easy
Gormanbros

#915 Post by Gormanbros » 01 Dec 2022 09:17

Spirit Halloween being in this game would be so funny.

In all seriousness though, the sky's the limit when it comes to future uses of temporary/dynamic depots. Definitely a way to make the game feel more alive. Is up there with improved weather, traffic, rush hours, and seasons when it comes to my world realism wishlist. Was cool to see the concept introduced in Texas. Looking forward to seeing where the concept goes from here.

So other than oil/gas and tires, what other industries do you guys think we could/should see get expanded in Oklahoma? Hoping for more livestock cargos personally. But I'm much more familiar with OK from a geography standpoint than an economic one so I'm not sure what else we could see.
flight50

#916 Post by flight50 » 01 Dec 2022 13:14

I did see a pig farm in Oklahoma somewhere. At some point, we need hogs and poultry as in chickens and turkeys to close out livestock. Not sure Buffalo will ever make it. If the research team is on it, they will mention as many things they can for debuts. But if the map leads don't implement what they find, not much can be done but we'd gripe about it as the result.
Trakaplex

#917 Post by Trakaplex » 01 Dec 2022 16:37

seriousmods wrote: 01 Dec 2022 05:22 I think price also has to do with profit as well. Map dlcs are the main income source, so if they are too cheap, Pavel can't keep the lights on.

They need more funding sources (hello, paid cargo dlc) for the long term. Some states may not sell well initially, and that shouldn't be a concern. Maybe the whole Midwest struggles to sell? Some paid cargo, more paid trailers, and a paid classic truck pack (or tuning pack) could cover for it.
Maybe for future buyers, they could have a DLC bundle for the whole US and compress the price by 75% to prevent it from being expensive, if SCS charges $14.99 for more than 5 DLC's. I can see GA/FL, IL/IN, Mid-Atlantic DLC, and New England DLC for these prices due to demand. I think though that Texas is the last $17.99 one as I said a bit back. They could also charge each province $13.99 if they move to Canada.

Pig farms are pretty abundant in Oklahoma. Saw one near Tishomingo. Bison is rare, so I don't think there'd be ATS poultry for that :lol: moreover I think Wyoming and Montana will be the only areas we might ever see them, with the Dakotas 10%.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
flight50

#918 Post by flight50 » 01 Dec 2022 17:15

Bison and poultry are not the same thing. Poultry is chicken and Turkey as I mentioned. Poultry should come to ATS eventually. Totally new type of trailer. Hopefully a particle system with feathers coming off the trailer once moving.
etsuco05

#919 Post by etsuco05 » 04 Dec 2022 05:19

EthanE40 wrote: 01 Dec 2022 05:00 So apparently Tulsa has a shipping port that I don't think I've known about until today? That's definitely something not to be missed.
Yes, the Port of Catoosa marks the northern end of the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System. https://goo.gl/maps/GDWxW3LVpwy6uMSr5 There is also a newer port starting to take shape a little further south along US 412 near Inola.
AKA “OKRoads”, USA road sign photographer and road scholar
etsuco05

#920 Post by etsuco05 » 04 Dec 2022 05:24

Trakaplex wrote: 28 Nov 2022 18:14
etsuco05 wrote: 27 Nov 2022 22:38

All 3 plazas are electronic tolling only.
What? I didn't know that. I've always used cash on I-44, most recently the one south of OK-5 at Walters. Does Texas Toll Tag work with PikePass? I was in Kansas along its turnpike and the manager said it was valid.
This change just took place this past summer. By the end of 2024, the goal is for all Oklahoma turnpikes to be all electronic tolling. The Turner Turnpike, which I-44 between Oklahoma City & Tulsa, is expected to be the last turnpike to convert.

As @EthanE40 mentioned, Texas Toll Tag works with PikePass in Oklahoma and with the Kansas Turnpike. However, PikePass, Toll Tag, and K-Tag (Kansas' electronic tolling system) are not presently compatible with any other tolling agency, including E-ZPass in the upper Midwest and northeast US.
AKA “OKRoads”, USA road sign photographer and road scholar

Return to “General discussion about the game”