Bus mod authors

1948LJMack

Bus mod authors

#1 Post by 1948LJMack » 06 Dec 2022 15:36

Hey. Anyone who mods buses, I would love to see some vintage buses modded. For a city bus, I would love to see the GM fishbowl, and a GM Old look bus which was sometimes called the TDM. There were plenty of good school buses from back in the day. Carpenter had some really creative designs in the 1950s. They had two very famous windshields. Their bubble type was the Vistaramic, and the flat windshield one was the Ultramic. The way the Vistaramic windshield was shaped, it curled a slight distance over the front stepwell causing the upper front part of the front door leaf to have an "S" turn. In the mid-1960s, the Ultramic buses really started to look pretty boxy. In about 1967, the center divider in the entrance door was shoved back a couple of inches, thus making the front leaf bigger and at the same time, making the rear leaf smaller. Also instead of having the door leafs have three panes of glass, it was narrowed down to two panes, with the window panes being bigger. The vistaramic buses was discontinued in 1973. The front leaf on a 1956 Ultramic bus almost represented a Superior or a Ward. Hicks also had a door design that was similar to the Ward. I am including the types of door openings that should be modded for if anyone wants to make a mod of a vintage bus. And if i get a copy of the video game "Bus driver" I wouldn't mind having some of these mods.

These door opening are what I would love to see the bus mods come with:
1953 International Hicks- "S" shaped shift lever, 8 speed manual transmission, door opening would be inward/outward 56 passengers, wipers hanging from the top
1955 International Superior- "S" shaped shift lever, 8-speed manual transmission, door opening would be inward/outward 66 passengers
1956 Chevrolet Ultaramic Carpenter with the Inward/outward door 56 passengers
1957 International Wayne "S" shaped shift lever, 10-speed manual transmission, inward/outward door wipers hanging from the top
1962 Ford Vistaramic Carpenter 3-speed automatic transmission both door halfs swing out or jackknife opening 24 passengers
1963 Ford Ward, 3-speed automatic transmission jackknife door, inward/outward 36-56 passengers
1963 GMC Superior Super cruiser 10-speed manual transmission inward/outward door
1969 Ford Ultraramic 4-speed manual transmission both doors swing out, inward/outward

Return to “Bus Driver”