Speed Limiter with World of Trucks

Some newbie driver

Re: Speed Limiter with World of Trucks

#51 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Jan 2022 14:33

Mohegan13 wrote: 06 Jan 2022 19:43The UK are making it mandatory from this year for all new cars (after July) to have limiters too. They actually considered having the limit recognise the road limits and match to it, many cars already have cameras that recognise limits and put a warning on the dashboard.
Recent EU directive had made those systems mandatory starting not so far in the future. It will start as just advisory system to have to switch later to mandatory limiter. I don't remember the dates for those steps.

So far, all the vehicles I've drove that have that kind of systems do fail continuously and miserably. If it would be mandatory to drive a car with such systems actually, it would be a nightmare. Even if in the future technology improves, I don't see it able to be precise enough to not to be a pain in the ***. I foresee a HIGH increase of prices and desirability of second-hand and last stock remnants of cars prior to this law to be effective.

Regards
plykkegaard

#52 Post by plykkegaard » 16 Jan 2022 22:43

Yes not very reliable atm
It is work in progress

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
BJWyler

#53 Post by BJWyler » 21 Feb 2022 14:05

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring here and suggest that the limit be upped to 75 or just eliminate it altogether. I've been doing more WoTr events of late, and it's just annoying to be in states that allow a higher limit and not be able to do it. It's one of the reasons I've avoided doing a lot of WoTr jobs in the past (that and the real life time limit on the jobs).

Regardless of what the original intent of WoTr and the limiter was, time and the game have changed since then. If we are talking about parity, then things like turning off fines, sleep, detours, and traffic do more to affect parity than the speed limit. Same for mods that affect damage and the economy or base map of the game.

If we are talking about realism, then we just have to get back to the fact that, at the end of the day, this is just a game. One of the core rules in game development, including Simulators, is that sometimes realism needs to take a back seat to entertainment to ensure the game remains fun. There's only a certain amount of realism we can have before it becomes a burden to the fun factor of the game. There are already many sacrifices made of reality to game design to ensure that playing isn't a chore, and to allow for players to tailor the experience to their preferences.

I think the time is past for SCS to revisit this mechanic and bring it up to par with the current state of the game.
Bobo

#54 Post by Bobo » 28 Apr 2022 20:17

I did my first WoT job last night and was surprised to see my truck was limited to 65 MPH. I thought it might have something to do with the truck or transmission but now I see it's the game liming the speed.
I don't mind. It's just good to know that it's the game, not my truck.
dubtrucker

#55 Post by dubtrucker » 29 Nov 2022 16:28

new maps are nice but there are so many other thing that can be improved in ATS/ETS2, traffic for instance. But why 65 mph max?
JoTaDa

#56 Post by JoTaDa » 29 Nov 2022 21:15

Useless topic about speed limit on Wotr, Its also waste of time. SCS wont change their mind about speed limit, Personally i accept it, Trucks no need to go 150 - 200 Mp/H or in Europe 150 - 200 Km/H, Trucking is not racing.
Space_Night

#57 Post by Space_Night » 29 Nov 2022 23:12

@JoTaDa exactly.

I would like there to be an ability to set the speed limit on a truck by truck basis, however i have managed to find an 80mph speed limiter mod on steam workshop then reverse engineer it, and now i have a 55mph limiter for ATS and an 80km/h limiter for ETS. Running slower is easier on the trucks, easier on the load and less stressful.
JoTaDa

#58 Post by JoTaDa » 29 Nov 2022 23:42

Space_Night wrote: 29 Nov 2022 23:12 @JoTaDa exactly.

I would like there to be an ability to set the speed limit on a truck by truck basis, however i have managed to find an 80mph speed limiter mod on steam workshop then reverse engineer it, and now i have a 55mph limiter for ATS and an 80km/h limiter for ETS. Running slower is easier on the trucks, easier on the load and less stressful.
Yeah i have seen those dumb stupid speed limits mods on workshop (bet at also in other places)
JoTaDa

#59 Post by JoTaDa » 29 Nov 2022 23:59

dubtrucker wrote: 29 Nov 2022 16:28 new maps are nice but there are so many other thing that can be improved in ATS/ETS2, traffic for instance. But why 65 mph max?
@dubtrucker, I tell you why, Like irl in Finland you just CANT drive 70 - 80 ton tandem truck with speed like a 150 Km/H or more, It is impossible, But first of all, Speed limit is set BECAUSE of safety, Try imagine what happen if 70 - 80 ton tandem truck start writing on road with speed 150 Km/H, When it hit to other vehicles, There is nothing much to collect anymore, Except corpsess and junk, About speed limit on Wotr, ATS: 65 Mp/H and ETS2: 90 Km/H is set by SCS, And in game settings it is grayed out and its stay like that until hell freezing lolz
dubtrucker

#60 Post by dubtrucker » 06 Dec 2022 21:05

Thanks for your answer, I wish scs would update their forum one day because I would like to give you a 👍 to your post

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”