Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

plykkegaard

Re: Are you satisfied with the direction in which the game is developing

#211 Post by plykkegaard » 08 Dec 2022 08:17

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#212 Post by flight50 » 08 Dec 2022 11:22

JeeF wrote: 08 Dec 2022 03:08 Ah, the snowflake generation :lol:
Very interesting comment when more than likely you have no clue what happened because the moderators cleaned up and removed the issue long ago. But you are welcome to have your thought.
AlexxxF1

#213 Post by AlexxxF1 » 08 Dec 2022 12:13

to begin with, it would be possible to implement a winter for each DLC.
and already on the basis of the winter, then in the future to introduce the autumn-spring. first, see how summer and winter will work.
it is much easier and faster to implement.

adding only one winter will already diversify each addition and make them 2-fold replayable. not to mention the whole map.
55sixxx

#214 Post by 55sixxx » 08 Dec 2022 12:21

seriousmods wrote: 08 Dec 2022 07:21 The best way to earn income for a game is to make a product that fans are excited to play. I can't imagine more people are excited to play Oklahoma than Texas or Kansas than Oklahoma. Texas's peak seems to have worn off already, and it never caught Montana's player high.

So people are going to get bored quickly when it's just deco farms and scenery towns with repetitive companies scattered about. If something doesn't spark interest, the funding from ATS dlcs is almost certain to drop off a bit.
The way you say it ATS is already dead.

I think it's better for SCS to just move on and start Brazilian Truck Simulator. I'd say Australian Truck Simulator.... But only if they drove in the correct side of the truck/road. :lol: :lol: :lol: this is a joke
VTXcnME

#215 Post by VTXcnME » 08 Dec 2022 12:41

Grizzly wrote: 07 Dec 2022 21:48
Ok, point made, you said it would bring everything :lol:
If you **actually** read the post- I say it's gonna increase the resale value of your home. Make you better looking, a mess of sarcastic things. Indicating the list being a joke.

Maybe I should be clearer for the comedy challenged- direct X 12 can't actually make your home more valuable. Or most of the rest of the things I said in jest.

If you actually bothered to read it- i conclude more seriously under that satirical list that DX12 realistically won't bring as much as people hope it will. If you wanna dispute something, Ya gotta actually do the work- not just do a quick scan.

Or- i suppose the other option is that comedy, sarcasm, and satire aren't really your strong points. 🤣🤣🤣
AlexxxF1

#216 Post by AlexxxF1 » 08 Dec 2022 13:10

seriousmods wrote: 08 Dec 2022 07:21 The best way to earn income for a game is to make a product that fans are excited to play. I can't imagine more people are excited to play Oklahoma than Texas or Kansas than Oklahoma. Texas's peak seems to have worn off already, and it never caught Montana's player high.

So people are going to get bored quickly when it's just deco farms and scenery towns with repetitive companies scattered about. If something doesn't spark interest, the funding from ATS dlcs is almost certain to drop off a bit.
well , it 's just that Europeans like Euro Truck Simulator more . how Americans love and prefer to play American Truck Simulator more.

it seems to me that a lot still depends on the mentality. No offense, but I think black guys, like Mexicans, are not so fond of long trips and cargo transportation. as for example the same Russian-speaking, Poles or Germans.

for example, judging by the fact that the HoR DLC was added to the wish list of more than 200 thousand Russian speakers (and how many did not add it, but they will still buy it), this is more than the entire database of ATS players (it's strange to me that Pavel has long abandoned plans to go further East, because there is a huge player base there. more than in the entire ATS, although I may be wrong).

therefore, judging by the ATS what is interesting and what is boring is not entirely true. the base of ATS players from Americans is not as huge as the base of ETS2 players from Europeans. judging by the fact that the ETS2 player base is not decreasing even after more than 10 years, but on the contrary is growing, players are not tired of driving even on such outdated maps as Going East or Great Britain for example.
saur44l

#217 Post by saur44l » 08 Dec 2022 13:44

And somehow SCS is growing larger and moving into even bigger offices even in the year when their golden goose is not on the table.That "gambler" sure knows how to make good bets,maybe he can throw a tip or two on that who will win the world cup. :mrgreen:
Optional Features

#218 Post by Optional Features » 08 Dec 2022 16:03

saur44l wrote: 08 Dec 2022 13:44

And somehow SCS is growing larger and moving into even bigger offices even in the year when their golden goose is not on the table.That "gambler" sure knows how to make good bets,maybe he can throw a tip or two on that who will win the world cup. :mrgreen:
Haha, fair.
flight50

#219 Post by flight50 » 08 Dec 2022 16:09

AlexxxF1 wrote: 08 Dec 2022 13:10 for example, judging by the fact that the HoR DLC was added to the wish list of more than 200 thousand Russian speakers (and how many did not add it, but they will still buy it), this is more than the entire database of ATS players (it's strange to me that Pavel has long abandoned plans to go further East, because there is a huge player base there. more than in the entire ATS, although I may be wrong).

therefore, judging by the ATS what is interesting and what is boring is not entirely true. the base of ATS players from Americans is not as huge as the base of ETS2 players from Europeans. judging by the fact that the ETS2 player base is not decreasing even after more than 10 years, but on the contrary is growing, players are not tired of driving even on such outdated maps as Going East or Great Britain for example.
Honestly I think the biggest issue for ATS and North America is the lack of exposure. Trucking is huge here. Gaming is huge here. There are trucking shows everywhere here just like in Europe. Consoles in North America probably has a larger market in gaming than Europe. I don't have facts on that....I never cared to look. The issue is SCS is not getting to these shows in North American in the same manner with their motion seat as easily as they can in Europe. Its more expensive to do the same thing here. If you do a decade of traveling Europe for exposure, yes more people will be aware. The same applies to North America. Main reason I think its time for a remote team in North America. SCS really needs a partner over here. They can also get North American talent and its quite numerous here. Problem is, Pavel isn't taking these type of chances.

SCS is doing something right though and I don't think we can judge ATS based off what Steam shows. A person can play ATS whenever. If they are buying all the dlc's, who cares when they play. They supported SCS content. I don't play ETS2 much but I buy all the dlc's. My Steam numbers never show as playing but SCS still got paid from me. SCS doesn't get paid based on player hrs on Steam. They get paid by copies sold of the game and its dlc's. People will see number but never put the entire story together how it all plays out. Zero chance ATS goes to 50 mappers and SCS swells to almost 300 if things are not going well.
Optional Features

#220 Post by Optional Features » 08 Dec 2022 16:17

AlexxxF1 wrote: 08 Dec 2022 13:10 well , it 's just that Europeans like Euro Truck Simulator more . how Americans love and prefer to play American Truck Simulator more.

it seems to me that a lot still depends on the mentality. No offense, but I think black guys, like Mexicans, are not so fond of long trips and cargo transportation. as for example the same Russian-speaking, Poles or Germans.

for example, judging by the fact that the HoR DLC was added to the wish list of more than 200 thousand Russian speakers (and how many did not add it, but they will still buy it), this is more than the entire database of ATS players (it's strange to me that Pavel has long abandoned plans to go further East, because there is a huge player base there. more than in the entire ATS, although I may be wrong).

I am black lol, and I have loved trucks and long trips since I can remember. What I don't like, in this particular game, is being forced to play the way the devs exactly designed the game. I'd like some freedom to do something more than pick the color of my truck or the tread texture of my tires.

I want to pick the city my garage is in (from a list of all towns on the map, not just the few with garages) and the land in that city. I want to pick the buildings, the decor, and the landscaping. I want to pick a company name, and I want to pick a sign for the front of the property that bears that name. And when all that is done, I want to park my trucks and trailers there, hire some people to do various jobs, and then hit the road. And the goal of all of this is that when I get to the middle of a long trip (maybe my yard is in Idaho, and I'm in Texas), I have a home to come back to, a cool place that I spent some time building and am proud of. A place that I can physically see my trucks and trailers and maybe bump into a couple of my drivers instead of imagining that I have all three.

I can't do any of that now along with picking where my cargo goes, what places I deliver, and so on, and that is annoying.

It's like playing in a corn maze. Walls to the left of me; walls to the right of me.

Return to “General discussion about the game”