Real companies, gas stations & billboards | V3.03 for 1.47-1.49 | All DLC

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.

Should this mod add more real companies to AI traffic? (e.g. campers, rentals)

Poll ended at 11 Nov 2022 09:12

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 27

MLH82

Re: [REL][WIP] Real companies, gas stations & billboards | V3.1 for 1.40 - 1.46

#111 Post by MLH82 » 08 Dec 2022 17:13

Yes, we want to but I dont have the time yet. Further Im not so familiar with ETS as I only have played it for 40hrs.
-- Mod author: Real companies, gas station & billboards for ATS and ETS2 --
MLH82

#112 Post by MLH82 » 14 Dec 2022 13:02

The mod got updated today to version 3.02.04. As announced we did a lot of company signs rework for improved realism.

Changelog:
* Changed WP to Travel America (except 3D logo station roofs)
* Changed 76 to Love's
* Changed Truckworks to Ryder truck repair
* Changed some legacy gasstation and gas shops
* Reworked ADM entrance sign
* Reworked Rustic entrance sign
* Reworked Exxon totems
* Reworked Shell totem
* Reworked Georgia Pacific entrance sign
* Reworked UPS totems
* Reworked 3M building sign
* Reworked Chevron driver totem
* Reworked Subway totem
* Updated Walmart logo colors to current real life colors
* Updated Coca-Cola logo
* Bugfix tesla logo color
* Bugfix no prices on gas station totems

[ external image ]
m3lover1

#114 Post by m3lover1 » 10 Jan 2023 19:11

If I may ask what's the difference between this and schumi's real company logos?
MLH82

#115 Post by MLH82 » 10 Jan 2023 20:33

It adds more then just real companies like the name suggests. Besides mentioned things it has fastfoodrestaurants, some AI traffic and a lot of general smaller signs.

Further, the community on Steam has a lot of input for this mod and it has great accuracy and balance of textures and models. For example; not all signs are 3D-logo-shaped signs in real-life, but sometimes an unlit board in a field. This mod keeps that in account.
m3lover1

#116 Post by m3lover1 » 10 Jan 2023 21:33

MLH82 wrote: 10 Jan 2023 20:33 It adds more then just real companies like the name suggests. Besides mentioned things it has fastfoodrestaurants, some AI traffic and a lot of general smaller signs.

Further, the community on Steam has a lot of input for this mod and it has great accuracy and balance of textures and models. For example; not all signs are 3D-logo-shaped signs in real-life, but sometimes an unlit board in a field. This mod keeps that in account.
Awesome. Currently I'm using another real companies mod. Once I'm done with my current delivery I'm going to switch over to your mod here to check it out! Should I continue to use schumi's real company logos as well or better to just have yours?

Thanks for the hard work!
Last edited by m3lover1 on 11 Jan 2023 00:46, edited 2 times in total.
Drive Safely

#117 Post by Drive Safely » 10 Jan 2023 23:14

@MLH82 - You and 4of25 do an amazing job at this mod! I especially liked the timely billboards during the Christmas season. :)

If I could nitpick one thing, it's that the texture of the Greyhound bus livery is noticeably darker on the color scale in the far distance. Here's a comparison of the LOD models with only this mod enabled (no other mods).

[ external image ]

I had to zoom in for that screenshot because it is very far... but it's noticeable to me if nothing else is in the way. Here is a more clear comparison but with your manual LOD distance tweak removed and g_lod_factor_traffic (a console command and config.cfg setting) set much lower to make it easier to see.

Far away texture:
[ external image ]

Close-up texture:
[ external image ]

I've tested the vanilla game and it doesn't have the darker texture problem. I think the LOD texture transition in your mod can be improved by lightening the gray in \vehicle\ai\greyhound_mc12\ai_lod3_baked_farland_dif.dds, then you wouldn't have to include the def file for the Greyhound bus.

In my opinion it's better to just recommend g_lod_factor_traffic to be set to 1.4 for those computers that can handle it, because the weaker LOD transitions in AI traffic seem to be across the board for ATS 1.46. Hope this helps :)
MLH82

#118 Post by MLH82 » 11 Jan 2023 05:53

@Drive Safely Thnx for the compliment and your detailed information. At the moment we are struggeling to get LOD's in on the right way so all info is much appreciated! I will have a look on the greyhound later on today.

@m3lover1 Thats up to you, personally Im not a big fan of using multiple mods that do the same. You wouldnt get any crashes out of it, but some unintended weird things. Like seeing a Shell logo and the job info will say you are at Texaco and other similar issues.
m3lover1

#119 Post by m3lover1 » 11 Jan 2023 19:04

Thanks @MLH82 I'll just be using yours. Maybe ATS Real Logos Project by keeper below your mod if it doesn't conflict too much.
oshtwtf

#120 Post by oshtwtf » 16 Jan 2023 05:37

I mentioned this on Steam but it seems like all my BPs don’t work.

I know you asked for specific towns and locations but it’s all BPs everywhere.

Chevron, Shell, etc. work fine and show up as intended. BP does not.

Return to “Others”