ROEXTENDED MAP [1.48]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
oldeezel

Re: ROEXTENDED [1.46]

#3831 Post by oldeezel » 08 Dec 2022 19:36

Looking Good!!
All these years and still on my bum in a puddle, scratching in the dirt....
Ishlen

#3832 Post by Ishlen » 12 Dec 2022 16:05

Why are some cities in Ukraine basically impossible to drive in? there is so much lag in Kyiv, Poltava, dnipro, etc, etc,.... and i discovered there is actually a "paid" version of this mod? how is that even possible? :lol:
I mean, whats the point on making beautiful landscapes if we cant even drive? :lol:
Geno

#3833 Post by Geno » 12 Dec 2022 19:32

works perfect for me no lag at all
Mapper - The Great Mid-North Expansion /SFIGC

My discord https://discord.gg/TTKjVX8zMn
DoritosPL

#3834 Post by DoritosPL » 12 Dec 2022 21:13

Ishlen wrote: 12 Dec 2022 16:05 Why are some cities in Ukraine basically impossible to drive in? there is so much lag in Kyiv, Poltava, dnipro, etc, etc,.... and i discovered there is actually a "paid" version of this mod? how is that even possible? :lol:
I mean, whats the point on making beautiful landscapes if we cant even drive? :lol:
It's normal for this game I think. Remember that the engine is old and still on dx11, so there will be fps drops. I have RTX 3060Ti GPU and still have drops from 120 fps to 40 in many places.
Ishlen

#3835 Post by Ishlen » 13 Dec 2022 03:07

DoritosPL wrote: 12 Dec 2022 21:13
Ishlen wrote: 12 Dec 2022 16:05 Why are some cities in Ukraine basically impossible to drive in? there is so much lag in Kyiv, Poltava, dnipro, etc, etc,.... and i discovered there is actually a "paid" version of this mod? how is that even possible? :lol:
It's normal for this game I think. Remember that the engine is old and still on dx11, so there will be fps drops. I have RTX 3060Ti GPU and still have drops from 120 fps to 40 in many places.
I know the game engine is very limited. but you see many cities with way more complexity than those i mentioned in promods, for example, and there is zero lag. Im pretty sure is bad mapping, thats all.
I mean, do the mappers actually test their creations? if something is lagging badly, isnt better to focus on optimizing that city as priority instead of keep adding more and more things? maybe it is just me. Ive been a modder years back i always did prioritize performance and smooth gameplay before anything else. I could understand one city to have performance issues.. but there are so many.. thats a pattern, unfortunately.

And it doesnt matter what gpu you have, the problem is not our pcs. The problem as you said is the game engine creating bottlenecks with the gpu (because the game engine can only handle one core...). But if you know a city is laggin badly, then reducing graphic load and other things should be the priority. Sadly doesnt seem that way.

I also noticed that in the case of Kyiv, no matter what time of day, lag is overwheelming. Other cities like Poltava, seem to lag only at certain times of in specific zones... i dont know anymore. But what i know is that it breaks all the immersion instantly. Ive done everything i could to try to reduce lag in some cities, but it is just impossible. It is up to the mappers to optimize them.
Ishlen

#3836 Post by Ishlen » 13 Dec 2022 03:14

turmoil64 wrote: 12 Dec 2022 19:32 works perfect for me no lag at all
Really? because Kyiv for example is known to be laggy as h3ck and even the author said that ages ago but in his words "there was nothing he could do".. :shock: .
If you dont have any lag in Kyiv, at all, you must be playing another game lol.
Madkine
Global moderator

#3837 Post by Madkine » 13 Dec 2022 07:21

Ishlen wrote: 13 Dec 2022 03:14 Really? because Kyiv for example is known to be laggy as h3ck and even the author said that ages ago but in his words "there was nothing he could do".. :shock: .
Which shows the author still has a bit to learn about map building for ETS2 as it is possible to make a city with no lag and yes this sometimes means not overpopulating the city.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Arayas

#3838 Post by Arayas » 13 Dec 2022 11:00

There are tones of youtube channels, including mine, presenting the map without problems, even in live streams and with traffic density mod and convoy on top. So, yes, if you are on a potato PC, good for you, play what you can. We don't need to downgrade our mapping to your PC level, sorry.
I had this "performance" attack yesterday on my youtube channel by a single user, spamming all the videos with the same comment, i see him here also...so, very "relevant" post to take into consideration. On an account created yesterday. I see the same persistence here, @Ishlen, my friend, play something else, this is not for you. You posted your opinion, fine, now have a nice day shopping for PC parts manufactured after 2020.

I prefer cities to look like cities, without placing low-poly models next to the road and pretend we did a city with 3 trees and 2 houses.
Sorry to dissapoint you @Madkine, is not about mapping, its a choice we made. Of course, a lot of things can be improved, there are still bugs and parts where we can do better....but what map is perfect? And, yes, we take any constructive criticism into consideration.
Roextended Project
Ishlen

#3839 Post by Ishlen » 13 Dec 2022 17:36

Arayas wrote: 13 Dec 2022 11:00 There are tones of youtube channels, including mine, presenting the map without problems,
And yet, you fail to explain that those videos are made on purpose on zones with no lag, or part of the cities where there is barely traffic (less traffic = less lag) or at specific time zones. Depending on the time some cities lag more usual.
A city that does not lag EVER no matter the conditions of the playthrough is an optimized city. A city that lags depending on traffic lanes, if its night or not, thats a city not optimized at all. Its pretty straight forward.

And yup ive been a youtuber and unfortunately you cant rely on a youtube video to say "this city doesnt lag" or not. But im amazed that i need to say this to you now.

Kyiv has been lagging for ages and never fixed, because the author (you) doesnt care, period.

"I prefer cities to look like cities, without placing low-poly models next to the road and pretend we did a city with 3 trees and 2 houses. "

Do you really think that people dont like that as well? its not about what you want its about whats possible or not lmao.
Dude, this is a videogame, and the game engine is ultra limited. You cant just do that all the time, but again, someone who plays at 30 fps will never notice lag in this game.
You are just proving that you really dont have enough skills to do proper mapping, thats all. NOBODY uses high res textures when mapping in this game, because they cant, period. The game engine is very limited.

I could make amazing maps if i wouldnt be worried about performance,lol, ANYONE can. The achievement is to make amazing cities proper optimized with no lag. Something promods has been doing for the past five years (maybe not lately but still).

Dude i can be playing promods for hours, and the scenary is AMAZING, the complexity of some cities and interchanges is incredible (we all know the more traffic and traffic lanes you add, the more lag there is), and i dont get any lag at all. You keep using excuses to justify that you cant make some cities optimized... well, as i said, thats bad mapping. Plain and simple. And nobody wants to read this but its the truth.
JazzGuru

#3840 Post by JazzGuru » 14 Dec 2022 05:25

To be fair to Arayas (and no, he's not paying me to write this here), Kyiv (nor any other city in RoEx, for that matter) has ever lagged for me.

My system specs are as follows:

Windows 10 (totally up-to-date)
Intel i7-700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 1080

My 'aging' system runs this game like a dream, with all GFX settings totally maxed out. This includes 400% scaling and the Vegetation Drawing Distance in ProMods set to Ultra.

But then again, I also don't have my system chock-full of bloatware, which is a problem that a lot of users seem to have. I maintain it immaculately, and hence I reap the rewards...

Return to “Maps”