Speed Limiter with World of Trucks

Space_Night

Re: Speed Limiter with World of Trucks

#61 Post by Space_Night » 07 Dec 2022 18:08

also, running slower makes things much more enjoyable as you're not fighting physics
Axel Slingerland

#62 Post by Axel Slingerland » 09 Dec 2022 18:19

I would have to disagree with you on that. That 90 kph limiter is why I don't do WOT jobs. I have a 6 year old 4.1 Ghz Windows 7 PC with 8Gb of RAM, a nVidia 750 Ti video card with 2Gb of memory and my game runs smoothly in DX9 driving at 225 kph on freeways. I could run the graphics on ultra with scaling at 200% but I prefer to have the vegetation on high instead.

I bought a new PC with Windows 10, 8Gb of RAM, an nVidia 1660 Ti video card with 6Gb, and although I haven't tried it yet because I only have one G27, the only thing I plan to change is a higher scaling percentage. Assuming of course, that the game runs like it does on this PC...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
lhama

#63 Post by lhama » 10 Dec 2022 21:05

It would be really cool if the speed limit in American Truck Simulator's World of Trucks was increased. The current top speed is pretty boring, the roads are pretty much straight. Going at 105km/h is pretty boring.

If I could increase it, to something close to 120km/h. It would be perfect.

In Euro truck simulator the top speed is fine.
Lhama :D
Axel Slingerland

#64 Post by Axel Slingerland » 12 Dec 2022 04:37

If the Options pages are laid out the same as ETS2 1.34, you can turn it off in Options > Gameplay > Truck Settings > (uncheck / untick) Truck Speed Limiter, and you can also turn of "Offenses" too, for no more traffic tickets. Then you can drive at your own pace. Except for WOT jobs, which as I said before, that's why I don't do them, I like to drive faster than a snail can crawl...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
GT182

#65 Post by GT182 » 12 Dec 2022 12:04

Axel, I'm also running Windows 10 but with a CPU that can be clocked 3.6 to 4.2 in this computer. With ATS running it will clock up to 4.0 and 4.2 ATS settings are all on High for graphics and Scaling is at 100%. I'm not sure, but as a guess, Higher could be from the number of mods installed. I'm running a 1650XT graphics card. All works well.... so far.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”