Kansas Discussion Thread

JoeAlex23

Re: Kansas Discussion Thread

#322 Post by JoeAlex23 » 28 Jan 2023 16:08

Well, i guess that settles it, Kansas is coming alone, i had a bit of hope they would bundle it with Nebraska as a surprise, but whatever, i'm sure they have their reasons for not doing it.
halbtollekreatur

#323 Post by halbtollekreatur » 28 Jan 2023 16:10

alecwarper wrote: 28 Jan 2023 15:53 Getting the easy one out of the way, pic 5 is here in Topka.

And pic 3 is here in Pittsburg

I'm GUESSING pic 2 is somewhere along I-70 in the Flint Hills, but gonna be hard to place exactly.

Pic 1 could be here at US-36

Pic 6 could be here at US-160 (farm house is missing but the rest is there)
Last edited by halbtollekreatur on 28 Jan 2023 16:15, edited 3 times in total.
flight50

#324 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2023 16:12

flight50 wrote: 28 Jan 2023 15:10 That kinda confirms the latest upload to Steam was indeed Kansas then. It was only a matter of time before SCS has enough pics to upload for Steam Wishlist. We might even get a weeked blog making Kansas official.
Annnnnnnnnnd there's the weekend blog for Kansas. There's the second ATS state that we typically get per year for ATS. Maybe one day we'll see 3 as the minimum. Beyond that is really iffy. Easy wishlist add for me. I already bought every dlc for ATS. SCS is just slow uploading :D

Time to go check out the blog.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#325 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 28 Jan 2023 16:29

I added this DLC to my wishlist
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
halbtollekreatur

#326 Post by halbtollekreatur » 28 Jan 2023 16:45

Two new objects for the landscape. The old tractor and the old combine harvester.
Janaff

#327 Post by Janaff » 28 Jan 2023 17:03

It makes sense that Kansas will come with new scenery assets related to agriculture if that's what they choose to focus on.

With this DLC, I'm perhaps most curious about what Kansas City will look like. We've had Portland/Vancouver and multiple Texas border cities, but Kansas City will be the first city in the game that is split between two states without a clear geographical barrier between them, as well as the first time we arguably get the smaller half first.
Euro Truck Fan

#328 Post by Euro Truck Fan » 28 Jan 2023 17:05

SCS posted blog today (January 28), but in SCS Blog post date is January 27.
[ external image ]
I like to play ETS2 and ATS!
rbsanford

#329 Post by rbsanford » 28 Jan 2023 17:08

halbtollekreatur wrote: 28 Jan 2023 16:10 Pic 1 could be here at US-36

Pic 6 could be here at US-160 (farm house is missing but the rest is there)
I don't know about pic 1 being US 36. Maybe they just put a farm there to have a little more activity, but I've been looking for US highway entries with a farm at the border and came up with US 50/400, but the environment isn't as close as the 36. US 40 could also work. It's a border with Colorado for sure; the western border with Oklahoma has most US highways entering at towns, and the eastern border is in a more wooded area.

Pic 6 could be anywhere. Lone grain elevators right by the highway are very common sights in the Plains.

Pic 2 could also be I-35 in the Flint Hills. Whatever highway it is, that looks like the Flint Hills.

Pic 4 seems almost impossible to locate exactly, but based on the greenness, I'd hazard to guess that it's in the east of the state.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#330 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2023 17:11

@Janaff Kansas City might not be the first actually. We do know Texas 2.0 is coming and we have no idea what might happen with it. People see stuff in the map editor already.

In the train pic, I was really hoping to see a red train. I think we should get Kansas City Rail as a new train scheme. I really look forward to Kansas exploiting agriculture though. To date, each states does a little here and there but its time to really place focus on it. Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa...Dakotas, those are considered flyover states by many people and they have to entice people. Hopefully some new innovation with the game engine update coming is in play.

New region for ATS hopefully brings several new ICC's as well. We won't get as many new companies as Texas did but hopefully we won't see too much base map companies from the West and not much from Texas. Post Texas, states are small enough to hopefully see ICC progress for the economy. Montana made a difference ICC wise. Make it hard for people to pass on flyover states. With enough new, people will see the dlc as new and not as repeat content.

Return to “General discussion about the game”