Retouching France

Trucker_Tommy

Retouching France

#1 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 28 Jan 2023 14:21

Hi all,

Thought I’d get people’s opinions on France?I’m grateful to scs for redoing Austria and Switzerland but as I was driving from London to Lyon I thought France could perhaps do with some fine tuning or redoing in places. Starting with the Channel tunnel that I don’t think anyone can deny needs a refresh especially after the port was overhauled. Cities look ok to be fair but scenery towns would be good to see. Maybe finish off Orleans for instance. Lastly saw a few older signs from the very beginnings of ets. Updates for signage would be good too. Now compares to other country’s France is fine but I’d like to know others opinions.
gt379

Re: Retouching France

#2 Post by gt379 » 28 Jan 2023 22:25

Yeah, I remember on the A6, there are still some base map sharp curves that need to be addressed.
Krystian05

#3 Post by Krystian05 » 28 Jan 2023 23:49

It will be definitely. But after Switzerland, Benelux countries, the UK, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland and so on, so expect it in about maybe 10-15 years if they keep the rework progress like now.
Trucker Nik

#4 Post by Trucker Nik » 29 Jan 2023 09:46

@gt379 I know of one highway bridge which is an old asset from old France, I think it is located on the A6 highway that you mentioned but I am not sure
isaac_mihai

#5 Post by isaac_mihai » 29 Jan 2023 11:47

In my opinion France looks ok atm. They should focus more on the 2013 style countries first. So I would not touch France, Itally and even Germany for now even though they need mroe improvements. Countries like the ones Krystian05 pointed are in more need of a rework.
Aziz

#6 Post by Aziz » 29 Jan 2023 12:37

It's okay quality in most part, but there are some places, and I mean cities, that require full rework. There are still few that have been only "reskinned", which meant slapping new models and textures on existing gridmap. Calais, Lille, Dijon, Metz, Strasbourg... Only Lyon, Reims(sort of) and Paris got a full rework.
The motorway network is fine. The environment details around could use some work, but it's the same deal with pretty much everything prior to BtBS.
tobrago

#7 Post by tobrago » 29 Jan 2023 13:54

I wouldn't touch anything there.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Brian Benton

#8 Post by Brian Benton » 30 Jan 2023 07:54

@Trucker_Tommy At the moment, SCS have really updated most of the cities and prefabs of the base part of France. Motorways still resemble a drift zone with sharp sequences of 45-degree turns with huge elevation changes, like on a mountain serpentine. Plus, you can feel the echoes of the past in a constructive way. Highways are riverbeds, and the soil to the left and right of the roadway is elevated. So the highways and country roads currently have only cosmetic changes (updated textures and vegetation), but structurally it is still the same map from 2012. In my opinion, the roads need to be updated to the level of German and Austrian highways. There are no special questions about the quality of the DLC VLF.
Trakaplex

#9 Post by Trakaplex » 01 Feb 2023 00:40

Aziz wrote: 29 Jan 2023 12:37 It's okay quality in most part, but there are some places, and I mean cities, that require full rework. There are still few that have been only "reskinned", which meant slapping new models and textures on existing gridmap. Calais, Lille, Dijon, Metz, Strasbourg... Only Lyon, Reims(sort of) and Paris got a full rework.
The motorway network is fine. The environment details around could use some work, but it's the same deal with pretty much everything prior to BtBS.
I think Paris needs another rework to keep it on par. I see nothing else in France to be redone but a couple of add scenic missing cities like Caen. But that would be in the VLF DLC though. France other than Paris doesn't look that bad for a full redo, but rather textures. Benelux is what needs severe redoing. ProMods did that area quite well, so I'm sure SCS can.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
ninjawarrior1x3

#10 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 01 Feb 2023 11:24

Trakaplex wrote: 01 Feb 2023 00:40
Aziz wrote: 29 Jan 2023 12:37 It's okay quality in most part, but there are some places, and I mean cities, that require full rework. There are still few that have been only "reskinned", which meant slapping new models and textures on existing gridmap. Calais, Lille, Dijon, Metz, Strasbourg... Only Lyon, Reims(sort of) and Paris got a full rework.
I think Paris needs another rework to keep it on par. I see nothing else in France to be redone but a couple of add scenic missing cities like Caen. But that would be in the VLF DLC though. France other than Paris doesn't look that bad for a full redo, but rather textures. Benelux is what needs severe redoing. ProMods did that area quite well, so I'm sure SCS can.
The roads between Calais, Lille and Paris also deserve at least some degree of rebuilding. There are certain motorways such as the A1 and the northern part of the A26 which are not truly represented. With these motorways segments in the game, travelling through the North of France would look more realistic.

Although, I do agree that Benelux is in much more dire need of a rework.

Return to “General discussion about the game”