Too much lag

Guxtv

Too much lag

#1 Post by Guxtv » 31 Jan 2023 17:25

Hey! I know there's a lot of posts like this but I really can't find any solution to the problem.
My framerate drops to 10 - 25 fps when I'm in cities or in places with a lot of traffic. I only use ProMods.
Is it a game issue or is it my pc?? Is it ProMods??
Also, if I don't use Msi Afterburner to decrease the memory and core clock of my gpu the game crashes for some reason (maybe my gpu is overclocked by default?? idk).

My Specs:
GTX 750 ti
Intel i5 6400 (4 cores)
16gb ram (dual-channel)

My video settings are in the attachments.
Attachments
2° part
2° part
1° part
1° part
Brian Benton

Re: Too much lag

#2 Post by Brian Benton » 01 Feb 2023 05:10

After the release of the DLC VLF, on my FX 6300/750 ti / 8 GB RAM configuration with 1080p settings + 100% zoom + all "Ultra" without MLAA, I could get an average stable 60 FPS on the DLC VLF territory outside the city at any time of the day and at in any weather conditions, and in cities with heavy traffic, at night and in the rain, FPS drawdowns reached 40 frames. I take average values and do not take into account specific skyboxes, time of day, location on the map at the time of testing, the truck, the lights on, the amount of traffic in the frame and the time from the start of the spawn, and so on. You should take this into account in your tests. But that was a few years ago :D . You need up-to-date user experience with a similar system configuration. A lot has changed since then. In any case, you need to watch the monitoring of your system when the FPS drops. You always use ProMods at your own risk when it comes to performance. The quality of ProMods map optimization is lame on both legs compared to maps from SCS. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the game crashed or the FPS dropped drastically while using this mod.
Guxtv

#3 Post by Guxtv » 01 Feb 2023 16:08

Thank you for your help @AlexTradeaux36 ! I did some tweaking and kinda got better results, but, for some reason, I get low gpu usage in some areas like Iberia, making the game stay around 15 - 25 fps without any mods. I might just play on old areas in the map :D
Brian Benton

#4 Post by Brian Benton » 02 Feb 2023 08:04

Low GPU usage could mean focusing on some other component of the system. As a rule, in the processor. Taking into account the peculiarities of the ETS 2 engine, the emphasis is on the performance of one processor core from all available cores. For example, my old FX 6300 is very weak in single core performance. Because of this, the video card is sometimes idle in a mode, for example, 70%. Here is a video for an example.
The situation with FPS is aggravated due to the factors I previously listed in the previous comment. Your graphics settings are the minimum acceptable in my understanding of perception. The only thing you can reduce without harming your eyes is the scale of reflections to 50%, the density of vegetation to medium values (with a creak in your heart), the resolution of mirrors to medium values, the distance to draw mirrors at your discretion (the setting affects the processor). Each of the settings will add 1-3 FPS (I can’t tell you exactly, I haven’t tested this for a long time). Try also to make life easier for the processor. Do not use anything in the background other than the game. Disable unnecessary services, browser and so on. Set Windows to maximum performance mode. Disable power saving for graphics card in Nvidia control panel.

Return to “Technical Problems”