England rebuild

BASSLovah

Re: England rebuild

#161 Post by BASSLovah » 08 Aug 2022 16:13

Yeah, I imagine the timeline to be similar to this:

Austria rework -> Switzerland rework -> West Balkans DLC -> Benelux rework -> UK rework -> Ireland DLC

The good news is that both Switzerland and Benelux are small areas thus it shouldn't take too long. If we get West Balkans by the end of next year we will get UK Rework around Q4 2024 and Ireland Q1 2025.

All speculation ofc
Briswall_Gaming

#162 Post by Briswall_Gaming » 16 Aug 2022 11:37

Hmm, does anyone have a Google account here?
If so, I propose that we do a UK rework map (as a kind of proposal) on Google My Maps.
The Torgo

#163 Post by The Torgo » 17 Aug 2022 02:17

you can share your concept anytime
Briswall_Gaming

#164 Post by Briswall_Gaming » 17 Aug 2022 14:38

Nah.

Want a team effort to try and design what the UK rework would look like along with Ireland. The Orkney & Shetland Isles, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and the Western Isles could all be included, so if anyone wants to do it, just message me and we'll open a Google My Maps so we can collab on it.
mpdmotorcop1

#165 Post by mpdmotorcop1 » 02 Feb 2023 03:48

If you ever do a UK rework would you consider adding canals and aqueducts. Then add the mighty narrowboat "Aslan" moored just off a highway bridge (M6 perhaps) or crossing an aqueduct with Kevin Shelley at the helm. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/countryhousegnt
axl135

#166 Post by axl135 » 02 Feb 2023 13:24

Seeing how stretched out cities can be in newer maps such as Iberia, rebuilt Austria, as well as Hanover in its current form, it certainly would be nice if they could do that for the UK, though I wonder if some existing cities would need to be absorbed by other cities to make room. They removed San Raphael as a named location for the ongoing California rebuild in ATS, and it became part of Oakland.
ninjawarrior1x3

#167 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 03 Feb 2023 12:05

If SCS is waiting long enough before they rebuild the UK, they might want to keep a close eye on developments of the Lower Thames Crossing east of the QEII bridge. This may or may not be able to fit into the scale, especially once you consider what else SCS may want to add/change in London and the South East of England. However, this seems like it could affect traffic between Northern England/Scotland and the European Mainland.

Here is a link for more information:
https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-road ... -crossing/

P.S: It's still in the planning stage (and not expected to start construction until next year). Therefore, there's still a chance that this doesn't become realized (mainly due to environmental reasons).
sw3gameboy

#168 Post by sw3gameboy » 03 Feb 2023 15:19

Lower Thames Crossing I'd say is pretty unlikely even if it exists by the time SCS remakes UK simply cuz of how much space it occupies. Also, as a previous precedent, due to scale (which will probably be changed from 1:15 to 1:19 with said remake) SCS has as far as I'm aware avoided having multiple close by highways or highway rings, in such cases resorting to just featuring one highway/highway ring that may or may not be an amalgamation of multiple highways (as is the case in Madrid).
axl135 wrote: 02 Feb 2023 13:24 Seeing how stretched out cities can be in newer maps such as Iberia, rebuilt Austria, as well as Hanover in its current form, it certainly would be nice if they could do that for the UK, though I wonder if some existing cities would need to be absorbed by other cities to make room. They removed San Raphael as a named location for the ongoing California rebuild in ATS, and it became part of Oakland.
That would be heavily dependent on real life city layout, or even what SCS would like to do in the area. Innsbruck for example is barely larger than it used to be, and it's not like it's suffering because of it. Removing cities to make others larger is never gonna happen because unlike with ATS where a minority of cities have garages, the opposite is true with ETS2, and all marked cities in the UK has one which will make things tricky with save files. That is, unless they somehow manage to "move" cities by renaming/redefining one city so that it becomes another city placed somewhere else, like for example renaming and moving Sheffield so that it potentially becomes Norwich or Inverness, but I don't know how likely it is or even if it's possible in the first place, so for now it's prob best to assume that we keep the cities we already have in ETS2, perhaps with some extra cities added for good measure.

Return to “General discussion about the game”