Islands as next DLC?

MrBroodjesBakker

Islands as next DLC?

#1 Post by MrBroodjesBakker » 28 Jan 2023 10:19

with the balkans coming up in the next DLC I was hoping that the DLC after might be greece but Greece alone is gonna be a bit small for a DLC. thats why i hope to see Greece with islands like Crete and Kos and maybe more but also with Cyprus. to further fill the DLC it might be nice to also see Ibiza, Gibraltar, Gran canaria, Malta, Mallorca, Gotland and maybe even Ireland or Iceland as they are also Islands.
Aziz

Re: Islands as next DLC?

#2 Post by Aziz » 28 Jan 2023 12:15

Cyprus and Crete are most likely just on the edge of what's considered "too small" for the game at current scale. Nice if they appeared but I wouldn't count on it. No point in making an island where all you have is two towns. Three, maybe.
erkinalp

#3 Post by erkinalp » 28 Jan 2023 12:39

Cyprus has 11 towns. 4 Turkish, 5 Greek, and 2 around those military bases. Nicosia and North Nicosia could easily be fit in the current map scale. And no, trucks are not allowed to cross the Republic of Cyprus-TRNC boundary.
MrBroodjesBakker

#4 Post by MrBroodjesBakker » 04 Feb 2023 09:34

Aziz wrote: 28 Jan 2023 12:15 Cyprus and Crete are most likely just on the edge of what's considered "too small" for the game at current scale. Nice if they appeared but I wouldn't count on it. No point in making an island where all you have is two towns. Three, maybe.
promods has Cyprus too and it looks pretty good and i like it a lot though. Crete isn't far off from Cyprus when looking at the map (scale wise). That would mean pretty much every other island would also be too small like Malta or Mallorca but they don't have to be big but i would still enjoy them very much
Aziz

#5 Post by Aziz » 04 Feb 2023 12:36

Promods map reportedly is much more dense than what SCS does. They make sure that the next town doesn't feel like it's 2 minutes away. And so, distances less than 50km between cities are a rarity (unless it's a big metropolitan area like in west Germany). Currently the smallest island is Corsica, with what, 6 towns, with decent distances between them.
Malta is ~20km long, so that's out, Mallorca is mostly tourist destination and really has maybe only two towns that aren't all hotels and apartments. Really the only chance I'd see is indeed Crete and Cyprus, with 3 to 4 towns at most.
ninjawarrior1x3

#6 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 04 Feb 2023 14:59

Don't forget Ireland! I can realistically see 4-5 marked cities from the Republic and 1 or 2 more cities from Northern Ireland fitting on the island.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”