German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
13%
Dresden
8%
Kassel
8%
Leipzig
6%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
12%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 518

Aziz

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#221 Post by Aziz » 21 Jan 2023 12:38

The intersections have been modified a couple of times, the Autobahn has been moved around a bit. And I'm glad they used a different prefab for A2/A7 intersection.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

So when it comes to Stuttgart, currently present autobahns could be modified slightly, but I don't think they'd make two intersections out of one, despite that IRL there are two. With cities getting larger, space for autobahns gets smaller. If anything, we could expect another connection northwest from the city towards A81.
Bandit & The Snowman

#222 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 21 Jan 2023 13:53

A8 between Stuttgart and the A8/A5 triangle is imaginary too. Not in terms of intersections, but grades. It's hardly recognizable as A8 there.
MG Mike

#223 Post by MG Mike » 03 Feb 2023 13:11

I wonder what SCS will make with Hamburg and Bremen?!
Both have important containerports. Hamburg at his own port and Bremen and Brmerhaven belong together as a federal state In Germany. And Brmerhaven has the second biggest containerport in Germany. Is worthy to have it in the game..until now it is only by mods there (Promods and Euroadnet).

And what will Hamburg be like ? If I would have a wish or if I might guess it could become a bit like the old Promods Hamburg until their 2.33 version . With useable exits Waltershof and Othmarschen at the A7 and also at the A1 the exit Moorfleet. And if they are very good similar like Promods had include the A255 into the city center over the Elbbrücken and connect it to Othmarschen. This was once a fine road network for Hamburg at the old Promods..
But I would like to see that the Elbtunnel and the port area would be moved a bit more back to east . As it is now the tunnel with the port is way too far west made.. there is only very less space to possible other cities like Bremerhaven and some countryside between..

So I am very curious what SCS will make out of it..
By the way I am from the Elbe Weser triangel area.. I can act as assistant for some infornations about , if needed. Hehe..

However, I saw SCS did a great job at Hannover and I am very looking forward for Frankfurt and Stuttgart and hope to see more soon from it .
Keep up the good work SCS!!
EuRoadNet
Senior Tester and assistant Mapper
Janaff

#224 Post by Janaff » 04 Feb 2023 03:35

I think the Bremen rework should include Bremerhaven just due to its importance and because it's in a relatively isolated part of the map.

Hamburg is a weird one in that it's got a good visual remake already, it's just inaccessible. It probably will require a full remake like the other cities, but at least the basic framework for what it could look like is already there.
Evil_Jason

#225 Post by Evil_Jason » 04 Feb 2023 09:21

I would love to drive over the "Köhlbrand Bridge" in Hamburg to have a view over the huge harbour.

It could be used to reach some companies (2 or 3) directly from the Autobahn A7

https://www.google.com/maps/place/K%C3% ... 0vMDdmcXpj
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
Bandit & The Snowman

#226 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 04 Feb 2023 09:31

This would provide a view not only of the harbour area but some of the city, so viewing distance would be a caveat.
In real life there are plans to remove the bridge itself and replace it with a new one or with a double story tunnel.
Some newbie driver

#227 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 Feb 2023 12:02

SCS has been including "tricks" to increase view distance in key selected areas since the Mount Saint Helen panoramic view in ATS... 2 years ago? Or it was 3? Don't remember exactly now.

So, it should not have to be a problem now; if there's nothing else there packed too near the city in that direction due scale that impede them to fit that long range view.

Regards
Aziz

#228 Post by Aziz » 04 Feb 2023 12:44

Even in old parts of the map the background objects are further than the terrain reaches and are still visible (I keep forgetting to report the Düsseldorf tower cockup, but I guess there's no point now that they'll be reworked SCSoon™). That's probably only related to the terrain being applied very conservatively, unlike wide areas of ATS, and not to drawing distance but anyway.
Also, with the scale considered, even the cityscape could be a bit closer/smaller/whatever.
harishw8r

#230 Post by harishw8r » 10 Feb 2023 16:02

No one voted for Erfurt lmao :lol:
This is the best thing ever happened

Return to “General discussion about the game”