SCS General Discussion Thread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#24991 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Feb 2023 13:48

after 14 events since release of trailer ownership (i didnt count in the ones where you just complete a job to get something and sponsored ones and Cruising events) i would except them to start using owned trailers also for every event where possible, i can accept it, if it is a sponsored thing (GoodYear and Thrustmaster event) but the rest is not excusable to not use owned trailers (and i bet i miscounted 2 or 3 ehre we actually could use it but i wont reread every event description)

corrected the number, forgot about the Cruising events
Last edited by xXCARL1992Xx on 07 Feb 2023 14:19, edited 2 times in total.
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
harishw8r

#24992 Post by harishw8r » 07 Feb 2023 14:04

I think “If you don’t like it, don’t play it” attitude isn’t the one should vouch for, IMO. If we go by that, then we would end up not playing ANY WoT event. Do we like that? Absolutely not.

The events offers nothing new except some rewards and perhaps a WoT achievement. Those do sound appealing and I love having them in my inventory but again, if I can find them in the steam market for an absolutely cheaper price, I wouldn’t mind purchasing them directly than go through the pain of making some mundane deliveries that started for feel like a WoT ‘routine’ now.

Nothing has changed with the event aspects and I’m not a fan of that (except for the poems, they are well written). Heck, people have been requesting to enable owned trailers for such events but even small, simple requests like these get ignored. Thankfully, cruising events are spared on that front, but they too are in the verge of getting overboard. With accessories as the only reward, there’s no motivation to actively participate in the events. Main problem is with the repetitive nature of the events.

I hope SCS takes these feedbacks seriously and try to improve their events so that WoT events are enjoyable for everyone. We are well overdue for a positive change.
flight50

#24993 Post by flight50 » 07 Feb 2023 14:58

I agree events should be more than they are. But I stand by what I said. Why play something you are not happy with. Play them when new stuff comes. Not sure how else to put it. No one is forced to play events.
xXCARL1992Xx

#24994 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Feb 2023 15:02

so and people who like to collect the achievements are out of luck then just because "dont play it if you dont like it" ?

either they start doing it right or they can stick the events elsewhere, the whole Trailer Ownership concept is a failure anyway for WoTr, except for box trailer, the rest is literally worthless and the events just make it even more obvious, and it will repeat again when we get the Gas trailers, you will get a handfull of jobs if you are lucky all going into one direction and all above 500+ miles
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#24995 Post by 55sixxx » 07 Feb 2023 15:02

Look, I'd love to compliment the events, I truly do... But I can't. I can't lie to myself anymore. "Oh, this event is sooo nice. Oh and the rewards, creme de la creme, SCS is too good for us..." I really can't keep and stand this attitude anymore. Otherwise, we'll keep receiving these half assed events that literally adds nothing and I truly mean NOTHING new to the game. The events are literally the same thing we do, every other day, through the same paths with nothing new happening in between... Now, tell me how this is supposed to be "cool" and "fun"??

There is so much that can be done but it's always the bare minimum.

All that, without mentioning we still can't use owned trailers and are stuck with cheesy themed trailers.

And the rewards aren't even worth getting, because they're already so cheap that they're not worth the effort of getting them. (Also, if the rewards were actually good, they wouldn't be so cheap ;))
xXCARL1992Xx

#24996 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Feb 2023 15:03

if the rewards were actually good you wouldnt be able to find any because everybody would just do the event, why pay if you get them for free ?
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#24997 Post by 55sixxx » 07 Feb 2023 15:10

Therefore it would make them rarer to see on Steam Market, increasing the price considerably. But since they're always the same with no innovation whatsoever, very few people really desires them, which make their price drastically plum down. Like it always happens with every single Xmas event reward except for the Xmas Light one.

That's why most event rewards are just a few cents. A lot of people have them, barely any players really want to buy them = Dirt cheap price.
JoeAlex23

#24998 Post by JoeAlex23 » 07 Feb 2023 15:43

I'm also not very pleased with the event, i'll do it anyways because i'm just like that, and giving SCS feedback about how to improve it is good and i'm sure they appreciate it, but when you start throwing the devs under the truck (pun intended) and bashing them for JUST an event that you don't like is where things go wrong, sure, is just another do X jobs and get X reward event and i'm sure they had good intentions behind it, could be better but that's what the GOOD feedback is for. If you don't have anything constructive to say (don't twist my words, i'm not saying to be joyful with everything SCS does), just keep it to yourself.

Making owned trailers available for these kind of events, changing the numbers of jobs to distance for the personal goal and adding stickers as a reward (just to change it a bit from just hanging items/paint jobs/seat decorations) are good suggestions.
Marcello Julio

#25000 Post by Marcello Julio » 07 Feb 2023 16:13

JoeAlex23 wrote: 07 Feb 2023 15:43 I'm also not very pleased with the event, i'll do it anyways because i'm just like that, and giving SCS feedback about how to improve it is good and i'm sure they appreciate it, but when you start throwing the devs under the truck (pun intended) and bashing them for JUST an event that you don't like is where things go wrong, sure, is just another do X jobs and get X reward event and i'm sure they had good intentions behind it, could be better but that's what the GOOD feedback is for. If you don't have anything constructive to say (don't twist my words, i'm not saying to be joyful with everything SCS does), just keep it to yourself.

Making owned trailers available for these kind of events, changing the numbers of jobs to distance for the personal goal and adding stickers as a reward (just to change it a bit from just hanging items/paint jobs/seat decorations) are good suggestions.
The question of using own trailers as another option would certainly be a big thing. They could create both types of cargo. For the External Contract with the provided trailers and for the External Market with Own Trailers. In general I like the holiday themed events they just need to provide both options. It isn't hard.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”