[SCS Workshop Uploader] sound event reference cannot be empty

avenger

[SCS Workshop Uploader] sound event reference cannot be empty

#1 Post by avenger » 07 Feb 2023 14:18

I got an error with SCS Workshop Uploader 1.0.34 (supported game version: 1.46) where its validation of .soundref files disallow either source="" or source="-" as documented in ETS2 Modding guide v1.39 changelog.

The information does not show in actual soundref documentation page and section, but I couldn't find in the changelogs where it was removed. Maybe the change was made in the game but not into the tool's validation. The mod with either source= empty settings works fine in local tests (that is, I could successfully disable a sound in the game using the syntax).

I guess I won't be able to upload a mod to steam workshop due to this validation issue, as the main mod's goal is to disable the annoying "hurry up" music in the game. :) Of course, I could create or find a blank sound bank to refer to but would be great if the tool's validation improved. :)

The error message the tool gives depending on the value:

source=""

Code: Select all

ERROR [00004] (/universal/sound/music/music_hurry_up.soundref): Sound event reference can not be empty
source="-"

ERROR [00004] (/universal/sound/music/music_hurry_up.soundref): Sound event reference should have "/path/to/bank.bank#event/path" format
How to reproduce:

1. Create a simple mod with a soundref file like this:
universal/sound/music/music_hurry_up.soundref

source=""
2. Open the tool, fill in data and click Upload[/u]

Then the upload will fail and the error log will display said messages.

Return to “Technical Problems”