Driver Profile Icons Missing Alpha Channel [208506]

bedwin

Driver Profile Icons Missing Alpha Channel [208506]

#1 Post by bedwin » 18 Mar 2023 12:49

Version: 1.47.0.21s (beta)
Mods: Not loaded - am using a fresh profile.

Description:
Three of the driver profile images do not feature a proper alpha channel, which permits the game to properly display the driver icon over the truck in parts of the user interface. Instead of a transparent background around the character form, there is instead a solid grey background.

I discovered this playing upon 1.46, when selecting one of these three drivers. Discovered your open beta program and this forum to share feedback. This is reported using the beta version as documented above.

I examined all of the other images for both male and female drivers and they otherwise look fine.

I am curious if some of the driver icons might represent the SCS staff or anything like that.

Reproduction:
Always reproduce-able when working with the 3 drivers who have been highlighted.
I would recommend the use of the profile driver icon selection screen as shown, to quickly check or verify this issue and corrective steps taken.
To reproduce the issue, hover the cursor over each driver icon individually. If the icon is correct, the background will change to a darker tone that does not show gradation. You may observe that the 3 problem images either are missing one of their forms or it's an image without an alpha layer. (of course this effect might also be implemented two separate images internally.)
Removing the cursor hover would return the image back to the lighter color with the gradient.

Attachments:
ats_20230318_080033_00.png
ats_20230318_080142_00.png
Attachments
game.log.txt
(44.9 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
TruckerDog
SCS Software

Re: Driver Profile Icons Missing Alpha Channel

#2 Post by TruckerDog » 22 Mar 2023 12:52

Thanks for your report!

QA id: 208506