German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

Which German cities should be reworked next? (Pick 4)

Berlin
18%
Bremen
13%
Dresden
8%
Kassel
8%
Leipzig
7%
Magdeburg
4%
Mannheim
11%
München
21%
Osnabrück
9%

Total votes: 534

Evil_Jason

Re: German Cities Rework Discussion (Post-Austria)

#331 Post by Evil_Jason » 16 Mar 2023 05:54

Maybe they are going from south to north?
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
MG Mike

#332 Post by MG Mike » 19 Mar 2023 12:31

Hi there..

Now we see at 1.47 beta the next 4 cities after Hannover and from what I see I can say it is from very nice till absolute fantastic..

@ SCS team, it seems a bit like you orientate on Promods , especially at Nürnberg and Frankfurt but also you increased the level of detail nicely like EuroadnetMap.
A very good decision. Finally Germany starts to become what it's meant to be.
Will this rework now "only" concentrate to existing cities or so we get the chance for also new things in Germany, like A3 connection from Frankfurt up to Köln, or A1 extension to isle of Fehmar with connection to Danmark lie Promods has. It is an important connection Scandinavia nex to the route over the great belt.

Also would it be very nice to add the city of Brmerhaven cause it is the second biggest containerport after Hamburg, maybe do it as part of Bremen.. and with that city the A27 will be needed. We at Euroadnetmap included meanwhile the whole A27 with the city of Cuxhaven at it's end and in order.tp avoid a dead end we made the Elbe ferry a s an alternative to the Elbtunnel Hamburg. But there are also ther nice places that could still fit into the map..

Or will you this left for map modders like us and Promods ?

Would be really nice to know what the direction of SCS will be in long terms regarding relbuilds or even adding new things to old areas...
Anyway the rebuilds we see how are incredible and
are looking very fine..
Also the fact that you are adding more and more companies to the cities up to 8 or 9 in Nürnberg..that is exactly what is needed..very much to choose to deliver..not only stones from a quarry or logs from the woods...also there are farms in villages outside, supermarkets to deliver to and so on and so on. All these companies now have fine details. And that makes it more fun to play the game...how about moving forklifttrucks to give the yards more life ? The cities has to look alive and the companies has to be busy..if I come with my truck I need the feeling to have a little pressure cause the next tuck after me is already waitng..., Just a recommendation..
Keep up the good work. I am very looking forward and maybe consider the suggestions to add here and there some more things so far space allows it ..

I also hope for the country roads, that they might get some smaller villages or towns, similar like at Austria rl make this rural areas also mire alife, instead of just the boring green hell. A good start is now the landroad from A7 over to Frankfurt..looking far better with the beginning of Frankfurt there.. or like you did with Ettal and Garmisch Partenkirchen , such things alre also needed. Not only beeing a dead end like at Erfurt with Mittelhausen and Erxleben or Degerloch at Stuttgart.. but if I see the great work so far o can imagine that this will follow later...
Anyway I wish you furthermore a good hand!
With kind regards
MG Mike
EuRoadNet
Senior Tester and assistant Mapper
oldmanclippy

#333 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 Mar 2023 16:16

My guess is that no cities will be added, but to me it looks like the A3 is set up well to continue to Cologne. I'm also not ruling out the A5 being extended down to Switzerland when the Switzerland rework releases. But am I expecting those more than 50%, no.

It would be nice to have those imaginary rural roads reworked into real ones with scenic towns and everything but I don't know if that's on their agenda.

I have seen about half of each of the four cities, and I'm pretty pleased. Erfurt's got a good feel to it, it's definitely distinct from the Western reworked cities we've seen as it should be.

Nuremberg driving in the city center is always a plus. It really seems like city centers are becoming a priority with SCS since the Austria rework and I love it. Part of what I love about ETS2 is getting to see all the sights of Europe, but most of the famous sights of Europe are in city centers.

Frankfurt they did a nice job with the skyline which is mostly the same as the previous iteration I think, and I like the curvy alley roads we got.

Stuttgart, again I like the small roads they chose to include, as well as the city center and the elevation change on the B27.

If every city from here on out is as good as these, then Germany is gonna be great. Then all it will need are some proper rural roads and it'll be in good shape.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
harishw8r

#334 Post by harishw8r » 19 Mar 2023 16:37

I think with reworks, they are going in the right direction, but I think it should not be limited to Germany. They could start all the way from the south of the base map (Turin) and above, given Austria and Swiss will be brand new and so will be most of Southern Germany, and Basemap Italy and France would still be an eyesore.
Bandit & The Snowman

#335 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 19 Mar 2023 16:41

Who said they will only rework German cities :)
xXCARL1992Xx

#336 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Mar 2023 16:42

if they are done with the basemap they will go to the DLCs, Germany is the exception because it was just a test, California did go a step further and Austria even more so. If the redoy a region it will be from scratch, so after Switzerland it is Benelux and UK, if this is done they can start with Going East, do Czech Republic and Slovakia maybe in one go, then Poland, with this the old basemap areas of the east would be gone and Hungary comes after, then Scandinavia if we go after DLC releases or they go France basemap part and after that Italy and then Scandinavia
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Evil_Jason

#337 Post by Evil_Jason » 19 Mar 2023 17:08

When they rework going East DLC I wonder if SCS will raise the price for that DLC since it is currently the lowest for ETS2
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
oldmanclippy

#338 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Mar 2023 03:25

It wouldn't be unreasonable, but my guess is they will keep it low because the whole point is encouraging people to keep buying the newer and newer DLCs. If the first DLC is a bigger hurdle people will be less likely to buy the other ones.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
The Nightgames

#339 Post by The Nightgames » 21 Mar 2023 09:43

I have to say that SCS has implemented the new cities very well and I am really curious how SCS will implement the cities in North Rhine-Westphalia, especially the city of Düsseldorf because I come from the beautiful city on the Rhine, and whether they will do the implementation well in 1:19 scale.
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/H4B9gWTRyc (ERN-Map)
Support_Rhineland Map: https://discord.gg/HJdX64sfPF (Rhineland Map)
Some newbie driver

#340 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Mar 2023 09:57

@oldmanclippy There's older and newer DLC, but there's no first/last as if they would had to be bought in an order. If something the size of GE in any moment would receive a rework the quality they are doing now on the base map, IMHO it deserves a price tag accordingly the real value of the actual content, no its age in time since first release. In fact, it could be deemed as a completely new release and people would be buying "the last thing" if it would not be by the fact that most of us will receive it for free.

Even the same could be said from, the main game. Once the whole base map could be reworked, the price should not keep being a bargain as if it was a 10 year old game. Although in this case I think the technical side should be also considered. If they change it to multi-core (so technically would not be 10 years old anymore) then it would be the moment to reconsider the price for new players.

It doesn't mean those prices should be like popular brand-new games; but at least not so cheap as they are now. People should understand content has a value by itself; put too cheap prices on things just because they were released long ago, even if the content has been greatly updated; just makes people subjectively think it's a "dirt cheap stuff" when it's not. At the end, of course, SCS will do whatever they consider better for them.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”