Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

clifflandmark

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#3891 Post by clifflandmark » 21 Mar 2023 22:49

How could they fit US-50 in such a small area? It would be a great road. We will see Lake Tahoe from official SCS, finally.

Edit:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Reno has to be slid to the North, otherwise Lake Tahoe has to be smaller than it should be.Also, Sacramento is SW to the Carson City irl, but in SCS' map, Sacramento in NW. Both Reno and Carson City should slid to the North just to have a more space for Lake Tahoe.
Last edited by clifflandmark on 21 Mar 2023 23:08, edited 2 times in total.
Gormanbros

#3892 Post by Gormanbros » 21 Mar 2023 22:54

Like Carson City, it'll probably be adjusted further south to give room between it and I-80. Not the prettiest on the map, but it'll feel good in game

I'm also excited for Lake Tahoe. Such a pretty area and not represented great in the current map
Sara

#3893 Post by Sara » 21 Mar 2023 23:13

I don't think pushing Carson City south would be wise

[ external image ]

When you look at Google Maps in comparison to the map in ATS, there is too much of a gap between Carson City and Reno
Gormanbros

#3894 Post by Gormanbros » 21 Mar 2023 23:22

Sorry, I didn't mean moving Carson City further south, I was talking about how it is now and how US50 would be pushed a little south because Carson City was already like that

Didn't word it perfectly, my bad
heroictrucker

#3895 Post by heroictrucker » 21 Mar 2023 23:41

i got this feeling that Carson City will be a rework and they need too make sure that I-580 will correct US-50 Exit

instead being too the north of Carson City if they connect US-395/US-50/I-580 that will be a four way Intersection with signal

im pretty sure that they will included in the next update or in the future
flight50

#3896 Post by flight50 » 22 Mar 2023 00:20

I have to agree with clifflandmark. As it stands, Carson is already too far South. If they are to align US-50 up pretty decent with Carson and Lake Tahoe, the only solution is to get Carson a bit more North and push Reno off its mark. Considering there's a ton more wiggle room with I-80, Reno can move. If SCS can push Reno to where Spanish Springs is, they can adjust I-80 and US-395 to all shift. This helps align US-50 to Fallon which needs to make the game as scenic this time. US-95 also needs to be completed from Vegas this time around. No shortcuts.

So I-580, US-50, I-80, US-95 and US-50 alt all needs to play nice to get all that to work. The one thing Nevada has going from itself is space and lots of it. That corner of Nevada might have to be a tad off the mark and fictional if everything is going to work out there.
Sara

#3897 Post by Sara » 22 Mar 2023 03:31

If they are going to be adding in US-50, then they should've first worked on that corner of Nevada. Can't just add a road then have it make no sense in the end with the current positioning of Reno and Carson City.

I agree though, move Reno a bit more north, move Carson north and make it also closer to Reno, then the space should be good to also then include US-50 and Lake Tahoe.
Xaagon

#3898 Post by Xaagon » 22 Mar 2023 03:33

This could be how Phase 3 grew to such an extent. Tweak this, add that... ok now we have to move this city a bit. Ok got that working, but now we need to move this over here. The Bay Area rework now affects cities in Nevada. Or not. Just my speculation.

I've been wanting the US-50 connection for a long time now. Nice to see confirmation that it will happen. Modesto is great too. Oakdale was one of the few places that I had to look up on a map when ATS released as I had never heard of it even though I grew up in northern California.

I don't know that they would necessarily remove Santa Cruz to put San Jose in. They mentioned in Phase 2 that San Rafael became scenic to be able to add a new city, presumably San Jose. Santa Cruz could be squished onto the coast and use cut-planes if necessary to separate from San Jose with the mountains that are there between them.

With the impending rework of Stockton, I hope they can keep this sign:
[ external image ]
Calibuddy99

#3899 Post by Calibuddy99 » 22 Mar 2023 03:48

Yeah, they better keep that sign. Or else, I'll make a mod that adds it in.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Calibuddy99

#3900 Post by Calibuddy99 » 22 Mar 2023 03:51

Oh and also, can someone please tell me the locations of the images in the rework blog? We already know what Pics 4 and 8 are, but what about the others? Is it possible to identify the IRL location of those?
Nothing to say here anymore.

Return to “General discussion about the game”