Do you like Gallup New Mexico in this game(POLL)

Do you like Gallup New Mexico in this game?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 63

Calibuddy99

Do you like Gallup New Mexico in this game(POLL)

#1 Post by Calibuddy99 » 22 Mar 2023 08:40

Just wondering if you're like me and hate or if you like it. If this topic has no sense in this area, move it to where it is okay. And if there's nowhere, I guess delete it.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Vinnie Terranova

Re: Do you like Gallup New Mexico in this game(POLL)

#2 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 22 Mar 2023 15:30

Why this poll? What's wrong with Gallup according to you?
Sora

#3 Post by Sora » 22 Mar 2023 15:58

The first time I entered the New Mexico DLC, I was taken aback by how realistic Gallup felt compared to pretty much anything in the base game. I'd never been there, but it reminded me more of a run-down city from my home state (i.e. Texas) than pretty much anywhere else on the map at that time, and honestly, for several DLCs to come.

More recently, I briefly stopped in Gallup for the first time in real life, and was again taken aback by how well they nailed it. The real life city is just as dumpy and convoluted! It was even more on point than I always thought it was! My partner couldn't understand why I was so excited.

I'll definitely always have a soft spot for this city as an immediate first impression of how much things improved after the base map.
supersobes
Global moderator

#4 Post by supersobes » 22 Mar 2023 16:42

With Gallup being on the I-40 corridor, I've passed through the city literally hundreds of times in ATS. The truck stop off exit 26 is one of my regular fuel stops when I'm in the area. When the New Mexico DLC first came out in 2017, Gallup was probably my favourite city in the DLC. Gallup still ranks pretty high on my list of favourite cities in ATS to this day. The whole I-40 corridor from the Arizona state line to Albuquerque was really surprising to me when New Mexico first released as it was the first time I really felt like I was driving on an authentic American Interstate in ATS. I feel like SCS did a really good job representing this area, and I'm quite happy with how Gallup was done in this game.
GinXeng

#5 Post by GinXeng » 22 Mar 2023 21:21

I have nothing against Gallup, then again I have never lost control of my truck and gotten 87% damage while in it.
cydonianmystery

#6 Post by cydonianmystery » 22 Mar 2023 22:27

Um, yes? It's a well done city for its age and I always find good paying jobs there because of a nice selection of depots.
Optional Features

#7 Post by Optional Features » 23 Mar 2023 00:54

supersobes wrote: 22 Mar 2023 16:42 With Gallup being on the I-40 corridor, I've passed through the city literally hundreds of times in ATS. The truck stop off exit 26 is one of my regular fuel stops when I'm in the area. When the New Mexico DLC first came out in 2017, Gallup was probably my favourite city in the DLC. Gallup still ranks pretty high on my list of favourite cities in ATS to this day. The whole I-40 corridor from the Arizona state line to Albuquerque was really surprising to me when New Mexico first released as it was the first time I really felt like I was driving on an authentic American Interstate in ATS. I feel like SCS did a really good job representing this area, and I'm quite happy with how Gallup was done in this game.
New Mexico is still one of their best states. There is just enough urban to be interesting, but plenty of rural to make a big place feel big. I love the truckstop off I-25 as well: one of my favorites in the game.
VTXcnME

#8 Post by VTXcnME » 24 Mar 2023 10:43

What's wrong with Gallup? I like how closely they modeled it to real life. And honestly, I usually stop there for fuel as I like the ease of in and out as I trek along the I-40 corridor.
flight50

#9 Post by flight50 » 24 Mar 2023 12:30

I don't see the point in this poll but I have zero issues with Gallup.
parasaurolophus67

#10 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 24 Mar 2023 12:30

me ether. nor do I go super fast in a city .-.

Return to “General discussion about the game”