[Feature Request] Allow selection of Force-Feedback device

avenger

[Feature Request] Allow selection of Force-Feedback device

#1 Post by avenger » 23 Mar 2023 18:09

I'm using two steering wheels. One is to actually use the wheel (logi g29), and the other I'm just using its own gearbox for handbrake and some buttons (gearbox is a 5-button, handbrake + 4-direction stick).

For murphy's laws reasons the "gearbox wheel" is first in device list and is probably being picked up when I enable game's force feedback, so instead of effects in the G29, I get my toy wheel vibrating on the side.

To overcome the issue I had a few options to do with the toy wheel:
- uninstall toy wheel drivers (so that it only works as a 12-button joystick without FF support
- regedit and rename/remove its OEMForceFeedback registry keys, to no longer tell DirectInput it supports force feedback

It would be great to have a means to select which device the game should bind its force feedback to -- or maybe even allow to select which devices to send effects to, if more than one is available.

One way could be a little "enable force feedback" check box in the list of input devices, as we can only choose one joystick at most per entry. This would allow marking more than one entry thus mixing FF effects thru multi devs.
Other way would be to just bind force feedback to the first joystick listed in the list of input; so like my configuration:

Code: Select all

1. keyboard + g29
2. twin turbo steering wheel
The "g29" would be chosen. Not much flexibility, but at least I could move stuff down the list to adjust however I wanted.

I know very few people probably are subject to this limitation but it could also help diagnose recurring issues with people having no force feedback support in game for no apparent reason.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”