More realistic career mode or completely new mode ?

HV5KY75

More realistic career mode or completely new mode ?

#1 Post by HV5KY75 » 20 Mar 2023 12:06

I was just wondering the other day, why does the career mode gives you freedom in every way ? Doing quick jobs, and jumping from one company to another sounds a bit silly. Addition of proper trucking simulation could start with you getting a truck driving licence, and choosing from few companies to start your journey, where they assign you your truck (with company painted trailer and/or truck for example), and you deliver cargo what they pick for you. ADR certificates are easy to get in present gameplay, why they should be free, getting it for hitting a milestone ? Make it pricey, as they were in previous game, or being paid by a company by signing a contract that you won't hop into another company soon. After some time working, you will be able to take a loan and start your own company, hire drivers and assign them and to yourself cargo to transport. Maybe even expand on this and hire your friends trough convoy mode.

Game already has many companies you could progress trough even if you don't want to own one, for example starting from SellPlan/EuroGoodies transporting food, progressing trough SanBuilders/Posped going up to BCP/WGCC with all the necessary ADRs, and skills you would need.

Similarly how it works in real life.

It's not that I don't like the game, or the system right now, I just thought if implemented, it could add more variability to the game, more hardcore truck fans could enjoy the simulation feel. If it could be made as a mod, I don't know. I care what do you think about this concept, we can expand on it for sure.

Drive safely.
Brian Benton

Re: More realistic career mode or completely new mode ?

#3 Post by Brian Benton » 21 Mar 2023 06:00

The game needs serious gameplay improvements personally in my understanding. I've been a fan of SCS games since 2008 and the only thing that keeps me in ETS2 so far is the ability to relax before bed, turn off the brain and just pointlessly taxi on the way from point A to point B, having billions in a bank account, without thinking about where I am delivering the cargo, what kind of cargo, how much it weighs, what is the responsibility for the condition of the cargo, and so on ... That is, the meaning of this simulator for me at the moment is just a vacation about enjoying driving. But it gets boring very quickly and sometimes I enter the game only because this action is inherent in the subconscious at the level of automatism. I go into the game hoping to get the same old pleasure, but in the end I press alt + f4 after an hour, since everything that happens on the screen does not make sense. There are no purpose in the game. Solid decorations.

I would really like to see a hardcore career, a rating system, a penalty system. All this should be included in the WoT online mode and all information should be stored on the SCS servers so that players cannot hack their delivery statistics, violations and safety rating.

But my skepticism about SCS does not give me hope that developers will ever decide on such innovations. The new trucker career simulation will prove to be too complex for the game's 3+ target audience.
aleks_00571

#4 Post by aleks_00571 » 24 Mar 2023 11:57

Brian Benton wrote: 21 Mar 2023 06:00 The game needs serious gameplay improvements personally in my understanding. I've been a fan of SCS games since 2008 and the only thing that keeps me in ETS2 so far is the ability to relax before bed, turn off the brain and just pointlessly taxi on the way from point A to point B, having billions in a bank account, without thinking about where I am delivering the cargo, what kind of cargo, how much it weighs, what is the responsibility for the condition of the cargo, and so on ... That is, the meaning of this simulator for me at the moment is just a vacation about enjoying driving. But it gets boring very quickly and sometimes I enter the game only because this action is inherent in the subconscious at the level of automatism. I go into the game hoping to get the same old pleasure, but in the end I press alt + f4 after an hour, since everything that happens on the screen does not make sense. There are no purpose in the game. Solid decorations.

I would really like to see a hardcore career, a rating system, a penalty system. All this should be included in the WoT online mode and all information should be stored on the SCS servers so that players cannot hack their delivery statistics, violations and safety rating.

But my skepticism about SCS does not give me hope that developers will ever decide on such innovations. The new trucker career simulation will prove to be too complex for the game's 3+ target audience.
I completely agree with the post above, it's time to update the game engine and bet not on DLC, but on the adaptation of graphics. And this is so that the simulator becomes a simulator, and playing from point A to point B is already boring.
acia

#5 Post by acia » 24 Mar 2023 20:55

Yeah, nothing in this game is a matter of challenge, everything is just a matter of time
Take experience points for example - longer level reaching doesn't necessarily make it more difficult, it only makes it more time-consuming
Crossroach

#6 Post by Crossroach » 22 Dec 2023 14:57

I believe OP's ideas are fairly good, signing contract with a company at start then trucking for them until you can afford your own ways and leveling up based on their preference.

However, I would love to see a sort of achivement based career progression. It could be rather an extension of the current raw, experience point based leveling.

It would work as the following:
  1. The current experience leveling would stay, you could stack up skill points and save them for later use.
  2. You would need to complete certain goals, for you to unlock levels of certain categories. After unlocking (which should be done automatically, passively) you could spend a skill point to level it up.
  3. Once a goal is reached, the counter resets, so the previous goal's requirements do not count towards the next goal (ex: if you haul 10 ADR cargoes and unlocked a level, you would need to deliver 20 for the next level. Not +10 additional).
  4. You could contribute to more goals' progress with one delivery, should you qualify.
The goals for example:
  • ADR: 1st level is not tied to goal, but the second would need you to deliver 10 ADR cargoes. 20 for 3rd, 30 for 4th etc.
  • Long distance: For 1st travel 5 000km while hauling cargo. 10 000km for 2nd, 15 000km for 3rd etc.
  • High value: For 1st deliver €15 000 worth of cargo. €25 000 for 2nd, €35 000 for 3rd etc.
  • Fragile: For 1st deliver 15 cargo undamaged. 25 for 2nd, 35 for 3rd etc.
  • Just in time: Honestly I have no clue with this one other than not being late, but that seems too easy. Maybe could be tied to heavy cargoes?
  • Ecodriving: I would remove this one as it is an irrealistic 'skill', feels off, and does not contribute to the career aspect much. Eco drive/fuel management should depend on the person, just like parking. Or if stopping for fuel is such a chore, there is an option to disable it. Instead, I would put Time management.
  • Time management: It would push your regular awake time to 11h at max level, before starting dozing out. For 1st spend 48 hours on the road delivering cargo (resting does not count). 72 for 2nd, 96 for 3rd etc.
While these values are solely serve as example, a similar overhaul for the personal development, in career could bring a lot more color into the game, and it might be just possible to get it done. And of course, like most features, this could be turned off too, or maybe set at profile creation. Additionally, we should not forget about our own employees. Managing them, could be another story to improve.

Hopefully a relevant person reads this, thank you for your time!
Last edited by Crossroach on 22 Dec 2023 15:08, edited 2 times in total.
brotrechner

#7 Post by brotrechner » 31 Dec 2023 13:48

Brian Benton wrote: 21 Mar 2023 06:00 The game needs serious gameplay improvements personally in my understanding. I've been a fan of SCS games since 2008 and the only thing that keeps me in ETS2 so far is the ability to relax before bed, turn off the brain and just pointlessly taxi on the way from point A to point B, having billions in a bank account, without thinking about where I am delivering the cargo, what kind of cargo, how much it weighs, what is the responsibility for the condition of the cargo, and so on ... That is, the meaning of this simulator for me at the moment is just a vacation about enjoying driving. But it gets boring very quickly and sometimes I enter the game only because this action is inherent in the subconscious at the level of automatism. I go into the game hoping to get the same old pleasure, but in the end I press alt + f4 after an hour, since everything that happens on the screen does not make sense. There are no purpose in the game. Solid decorations.

I like the idea of a much more hardcore career mode.
please remember to be nice to your fellow internet users (✿ =‿‿=)

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”