Realistic Brutal Graphics And Weather V9.6 - Updated [8-Mar-2024]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
tomikka

Re: Realistic Brutal Graphics And Weather V8.5.1 - Updated [3-Mar-2023]

#1691 Post by tomikka » 17 Mar 2023 17:45

i se a [external image] link on the download section, how can i download this mod?
Madkine
Global moderator

#1692 Post by Madkine » 17 Mar 2023 22:39

You need to enable cookies (bottom right)
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Michael_Duss

#1693 Post by Michael_Duss » 18 Mar 2023 06:51

In detail you need to activate the third-party image embeds cookie.
darkbulldog

#1694 Post by darkbulldog » 18 Mar 2023 17:57

Hello can you solve the problem with the cruise control? Scs have it renewed that we can set it lower than 30 but when i use your mod it doesn't work anymore. Or can i change it somewhere?
Madkine
Global moderator

#1695 Post by Madkine » 18 Mar 2023 22:15

SCS removed the ability to use cc below 30kmh.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
idrfcare

#1696 Post by idrfcare » 19 Mar 2023 05:51

How to change wiper squeaky noise to like in vanilla version? When i delete truck sound from the file, the wiper sound just gone completely when it moved
Maximum Overdrive

#1697 Post by Maximum Overdrive » 20 Mar 2023 15:18

I just found this mod and I already like it! There's just two things I'd like to mention:

1. There are some prefabs without mipmaps and those mipmaps are important to be generated when creating the texture, so that the mod can be used in Linux as well. Windows isn't the only OS out there, you know? At the end of the post is a screenshot of a prefab without mipmaps. I can live with these missing mipmaps, if they're only on prefabs.
2. I have disabled the rain in game settings on purpose* but even when the weather is nice, the sky is dark, almost gray like when it's about to pour a biblical storm. It's not a deal breaker but it looks weird in a nice weather.

* As for why I have disabled the rain in the game settings: because when it's raining, it gets dark, sometimes even foggy but it didn't cross SCS' minds to make the headlights visible in these conditions (meaning illuminating the ground in front of the truck) which makes it very hard to see where I'm going or what's in front of me. Thus, the rain and bad weather are disabled in game settings.

https://i.imgur.com/VuUbps3.png

P.S. Speaking of missing mipmaps, the only reason I started making my mods useable in Linux only are modders who either by ignorance or deliberately don't generate the mipmaps when creating the textures, thus making their mods unuseable in the native Linux version of the game. So, mods unuseable in Windows is my response to that.

P.S.2. And this looks like a skybox without mipmaps to me: https://i.imgur.com/7ydLXEM.png
Smigot

#1698 Post by Smigot » 23 Mar 2023 02:28

how do you access the settings panel?
Kass

#1699 Post by Kass » 25 Mar 2023 09:27

@idrfcare RBGW does not change wipers sounds only Thunders.

@Maximum Overdrive If is missing mipmaps is because you play in Linux etc and with OpenGL but you have 2 options, 1 is convert those that you need mipmaps and 2 play with DirectX = Solved.
In this forum there is thing called "Search" function either in topics or whole forum you know, and you would find most answers already to your questions in previous pages and replies.

@Smigot What you mean settings panel? or you mean dev console?
Maximum Overdrive

#1700 Post by Maximum Overdrive » 26 Mar 2023 04:58

That's a stupid advice: if something doesn't work as it's supposed to, use the game edition meant for the Black Mirror OS. No, thanks. After 20 years with the slavery OS, I have no intention of ever going back to it, including using the game edition made for it. The person who will give me orders what partition tables and how many partitions my disks will have hasn't been born yet. So I convert textures wherever I can but when the mod is bloated with over 500 DDS files, I kind of lose the desire to do that. :lol: And frankly, it wouldn't kill the author to click just one more option when creating the DDS file: generate mipmaps. SCS textures work in both operating systems bc they're not lazy and do generate these mipmaps.

But nvm, after I explained to a mod author willing to listen how to make his mod compatible with OpenGL, he did it and now his 2.6.1 version is just that - compatible with Linux: viewtopic.php?t=314079 It even has a great bonus - his mod fixed the bad lighting of SCS: https://i.imgur.com/pJULBNh.png . His mod at the same time of the day on approximately the same geographical longitude and latitude (the same as on the first screenshot): https://i.imgur.com/pZ2S8vK.png fixes the bad lighting and I can see where I'm driving.

Kass, you used to have a mod for ATS 1.45 that used to fix the bad lighting (it was just 300 MB) and which used to work perfectly fine on ETS2 1.45 but I guess you gave up on it. I think that mod's name was RBW v5.2 or something similar.

Return to “Others”