SCS General Discussion Thread

Some newbie driver

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#26481 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Mar 2023 15:21

wato wrote: 26 Mar 2023 14:59There is a simpler explanation in my opinion: AI adjusts speed according to the curvature of their path. That gives the same result in this situation.
That's what I said, in an easier way, but not exactly. Normally "adapting to the curvature" would mean the tighter the curve, the more a heavy vehicle will slow down. In the game, regarding its cruise speed on straight line, AI trucks always slow down when on the inner side of a curve but speed up on the outer side of a curve.

That's not exactly adapting to the curvature; that's plain and simple that the position of the vehicle doesn't match the point of reference where its speed is calculated. It's a simplification, one single line marks the center of the road no matter how wide and it's the reference for all AI speed calculations. What causes that kind of anomalies. I suppose this simplification, like so many others, is aimed towards reduce the resources needed for the whole AI control routine. Little details here and there allow devs to squeeze some ounces of performance at the cost of those details. They have to balance how much performance they can loss VS how many weirdness on AI we can bear.

Regards
Maximum Overdrive

#26482 Post by Maximum Overdrive » 26 Mar 2023 16:12

A fresh video meme about the traffic in both games that I just made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX8wmdyweW4
Nolibab3

#26483 Post by Nolibab3 » 26 Mar 2023 17:18

In my opinion, there will be Easter painting some event
Truckingme

#26484 Post by Truckingme » 26 Mar 2023 17:31

Btw i think scs should improve their marketing in certain situations... For example, in my opinion it s wrong teasing a city and then not include it in the next update, especially if the game lacked content for over a year... I am a big fan of scs but tbh i feel some things should be improved... Like spending more time on making various and different WoT events, in order to compensate the lack of certain content.
I know it can be difficult, but by doing this Way they risk to Lose a lot of players in the mid term
gaillard

#26485 Post by gaillard » 26 Mar 2023 19:16

Certain situations. A city. The next update. Over a year. Some things. Lack of certain content. By doing this.

Boy I don't know your location or motivation, but you sure do like precision and details.
Thanks for enlightening us. I'm sure SCS will quickly move to adapt and change things.
Truckingme

#26486 Post by Truckingme » 26 Mar 2023 21:15

Idk if you are serious, but i think scs knows it :lol:
I was only saying my opinion, scs should have focused on making more interesting events, because it Is what keeps games alive. I am a big fan of ETS 2 but in the last year i have really lost motivation in playing it. I know it Is complex, but if an update or a rework takes a very long time, a nice event structure would help. Current events are always the same thing, all reworks or things takes a very long time and i think some other people thinks the same as me.
I really hope scs will find in the future a way to make better events, and to improve some of their blog communication
flight50

#26487 Post by flight50 » 27 Mar 2023 00:46

I have to disagree. Events is not what keeps the game going. People play without events because they enjoy the game as is. People play for their on reasons and those that do play for events are not the majority I'm sure. A lot of people don't even bother with events lately because they are not innovative and are the same principles. Until the game engine update arrives, there won't be much innovation for events.
xyzan

#26488 Post by xyzan » 27 Mar 2023 05:41

The game engine update won't change anything in events. It is mostly how game world is generated, so don't expect any changes in gameplay.
Madkine
Global moderator

#26489 Post by Madkine » 27 Mar 2023 07:43

Truckingme wrote: 26 Mar 2023 17:31 For example, in my opinion it s wrong teasing a city and then not include it in the next update
So you'd prefer to have absolutely no idea on what they are working on in the future?
Most people argue that SCS doesn't tell us enough about upcoming changes, but you want them to tell us less?
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
festmache

#26490 Post by festmache » 27 Mar 2023 09:39

I like the fact that SCS is sharing information on their blog about what they're working on. In fact, I'd personally prefer them to be even more open about long-term plans, expected timelines, etcetera!

Unfortunately, it is clear that more openness leads to more expectations and therefore to more disappointment for many people.

Pity.....
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”