West Balkans Expansion Discussion

ninjawarrior1x3

Re: West Balkans Expansion Discussion

#1601 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 29 Mar 2023 06:46

Good job @BRCKHMPTN! The condensed scaling may have thrown me off a bit when searching for this location. "Papër" seems like a reasonable name for that blurred text to be and therefore that may have been the Metallurgy Plant near Elbasan in the background. This matches nicely with a clip from the previous West Balkans video from SCS (see Attached Image)

Image 8 [ external image ] is probably (again) from an Albanian speaking country (either Albania or Kosovo). "Depo me Shumicë" is Albanian for "wholesale warehouse".
BRCKHMPTN

#1602 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 29 Mar 2023 18:41

This was my best guess after looking around for a bit, but I'm not sure at all about this one.
https://www.google.it/maps/@41.1778083, ... 312!8i6656
Road layout matches (intersection in the background, but irl there are no side roads before it like in the dlc pic), the buildings... the ones on the left are not that far off, but the ones on the right are not there, similar buildings are some meters behind the spot on the right side of the road. Plus the taller one is in a different location but its looks don't really match.
Sovereign 89

#1603 Post by Sovereign 89 » 29 Mar 2023 21:51

As I see how there's still not too much info on my country, and due to me being temporary unemployed, I have been working on and off for a week on speculation map for Croatian road network, cities, and even industrial areas within cities and areas I'm most familiar with. My inspiration for doing that was a user that made similar map of Kosovo. However, instead of going with minimalistic approach like him, I decided to add as much as possible and what would logically fit into game. While working on this map I took into account all the current info we got from blogs and social media, so I marked that stuff accordingly. As for the rest, there will be things that most probably won't be covered, or not at the very release of West Balkans DLC.

Croatia Map

So as you can see I expect no less than 6 marked cities including capital, of which most have been confirmed to be included in DLC. Next I have added other cities and towns which I believe could be also marked due to their placement next to important highways/crossings, or just for the fact that they are important industrial towns in my state (for example: Sisak, Koprivnica, Slavonski Brod...). Lastly there are towns that will be scenic and their number may be quite high. However I was careful that those cities are spread out nicely and again on important roads and crossings. All in all I'm hoping you'll like what you see here, and I should mention that map is still unfinished due to not being able to cover all the possible important industrial areas, 'cause I'm less familiar with their locations within rest of the cities. I'll try to fix that in nearby future, or let SCS surprise me by mentioning them in blog(s) first.
Last edited by Sovereign 89 on 29 Mar 2023 22:35, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
Shiva

#1604 Post by Shiva » 29 Mar 2023 22:01

Sovereign 89, access denied to that google maps.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Sovereign 89

#1605 Post by Sovereign 89 » 29 Mar 2023 22:33

Alright I think I fixed it, try now.

krmarci

#1606 Post by krmarci » 30 Mar 2023 06:22

Sovereign 89 wrote: 29 Mar 2023 21:51 As I see how there's still not too much info on my country, and due to me being temporary unemployed, I have been working on and off for a week on speculation map for Croatian road network, cities, and even industrial areas within cities and areas I'm most familiar with. My inspiration for doing that was a user that made similar map of Kosovo. However, instead of going with minimalistic approach like him, I decided to add as much as possible and what would logically fit into game. While working on this map I took into account all the current info we got from blogs and social media, so I marked that stuff accordingly. As for the rest, there will be things that most probably won't be covered, or not at the very release of West Balkans DLC.

Croatia Map

So as you can see I expect no less than 6 marked cities including capital, of which most have been confirmed to be included in DLC. Next I have added other cities and towns which I believe could be also marked due to their placement next to important highways/crossings, or just for the fact that they are important industrial towns in my state (for example: Sisak, Koprivnica, Slavonski Brod...). Lastly there are towns that will be scenic and their number may be quite high. However I was careful that those cities are spread out nicely and again on important roads and crossings. All in all I'm hoping you'll like what you see here, and I should mention that map is still unfinished due to not being able to cover all the possible important industrial areas, 'cause I'm less familiar with their locations within rest of the cities. I'll try to fix that in nearby future, or let SCS surprise me by mentioning them in blog(s) first.
Based on the number of border crossings we are getting, there probably won't be anything in Istria, and the Barcs and Mohács border crossings seem to be omitted as well based on 1.47.
oldmanclippy

#1607 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Mar 2023 11:14

krmarci wrote: 29 Mar 2023 05:45
It was 5 letters... 🤦‍♂️
Looks like 5 letters to me, personally I think BRCKHMPTN has found #4.

I'll start updating the screenshot map now that I'm back home from Europe.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Sovereign 89

#1608 Post by Sovereign 89 » 30 Mar 2023 11:44

krmarci wrote: 30 Mar 2023 06:22
Sovereign 89 wrote: 29 Mar 2023 21:51 As I see how there's still not too much info on my country, and due to me being temporary unemployed, I have been working on and off for a week on speculation map for Croatian road network, cities, and even industrial areas within cities and areas I'm most familiar with. My inspiration for doing that was a user that made similar map of Kosovo. However, instead of going with minimalistic approach like him, I decided to add as much as possible and what would logically fit into game. While working on this map I took into account all the current info we got from blogs and social media, so I marked that stuff accordingly. As for the rest, there will be things that most probably won't be covered, or not at the very release of West Balkans DLC.

Croatia Map

Based on the number of border crossings we are getting, there probably won't be anything in Istria, and the Barcs and Mohács border crossings seem to be omitted as well based on 1.47.
True, however I will reserve that those plans are being subject to change. And if we don't get those crossings at the release, we may as well get them in near/later future, as there is still enough place for them I believe. As for Mohacs crossing, I don't see that one left out since it is very important and a large detour would have to been made if it wasn't included. Maybe they do wait for A5 highway to finish however, but in my opinion that is a bad decision, as there is no reason why we can't have fixed that later, or even better having 2 roads go concurrently one to another like on my map. They do seem to be enough far apart.

Shiva

#1610 Post by Shiva » 31 Mar 2023 02:31

Sovereign 89, if Pula is in, then it will not have a direct road connection to Koper.

Are blue scenery?
Regarding red, Osijek, I suspect wont be in. Slavonski Brod, that might be.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”