Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#4031 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Mar 2023 15:40

No I mean a rebranding of each company, like a facelift / fresh coat of paint. Different companies using same prefabs with different logos is separate from what I'm talking about.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Tristman

#4032 Post by Tristman » 30 Mar 2023 16:47

I would very much welcome fresh trailer designs for Wallbert :)
flight50

#4033 Post by flight50 » 30 Mar 2023 17:36

@oldmanclippy Ohhhh okay. I gotcha now. I can agree with that for some base map companies. Especially Wallbert, Oakland Shippers, Rail Export. Gallon got redesigned already and looks cool. Darwing isn't base map but those windows can go. The trailer would look sooooo much better without those windows.

The big thing now is that we have dedicated 2d graphic artist that are bad a$$. Annie and Petr are great. Let them do trailers and company logo designs moving forward. The vehicle team doing trailer logos is bad. Let the more creative minds get that responsibility.

Add Tidbit, Eddy's and Farmers Barn trailers. For some reason, they still don't have company trailers and they should. All retail depots should have company trailers. Those are missing AI trailers.
cydonianmystery

#4034 Post by cydonianmystery » 30 Mar 2023 18:03

I'm also hoping we'll get some refreshes for the base game companies (especially Wallbert), and some new companies as well. With San Jose I'm thinking maybe some tech companies, to reflect Silicon Valley? We could also use a medical industry, finally giving the unusued Zereva CliniCal some depots.
flight50

#4035 Post by flight50 » 30 Mar 2023 18:40

^Agreed on the medical. We have a few medical buildings in the game but they are not depots. We could get a Pfizer style company along with other medical cargoes.

You just mentioned a good point. San Jose.....add Modesto and they are pretty much brand spanking new cities. There is no choice but to have all new economy. I sure hope its not all copy pasted depots we already have. Modesto hopefully keys in on agriculture for sure and that can help populate Fresno and Bakersfield. If we get Chico added someday, it has Modesto to thank. I'm looking for new fruit, nut and vegetable farms for CA-99. I'm looking for Lowes, Target, Sam's and Costco finally to hit. Perfect time for Phase 3 California imo. Those 4 alone can add a lot more diversity and can reshape a lot of the current map as well as the future.
A J K 91

#4036 Post by A J K 91 » 30 Mar 2023 19:25

flight50 wrote: 30 Mar 2023 17:36 Add Tidbit, Eddy's and Farmers Barn trailers. For some reason, they still don't have company trailers and they should. All retail depots should have company trailers. Those are missing AI trailers.
That would be really good.
SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH. GOOGLE TRANSLATOR.
Calibuddy99

#4037 Post by Calibuddy99 » 01 Apr 2023 01:47

No one's here.
Nothing to say here anymore.
flight50

#4038 Post by flight50 » 02 Apr 2023 01:28

I posted recent pics in the 1.47 discussion thread not realizing I wasn't in here. So I've relocated and advocating for Chico once more.

We have South Ave in game. Shouldn't be too much trouble to continue South Ave to CA-99. Then South to Chico. CA-32 to CA-36. CA-36 is already in game as it connects up with CA-44 that was redone in an earlier phase.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

With all the space we have, the hatched area should provide plenty of space to include Chico. Yuba City is pushing it with I-80's new layout.

[ external image ]

Modesto and San Jose are making their way to California. Hopefully Chico, San Bernardino, Salinas in lieu of Santa Cruz and maybe Visalia can make it as well. Doesn't matter when Chico comes but hopefully it come come before they move off California to add depth to Northern California. California doesn't have to match Texas on number of marked cities but it would be great if California felt denser. If the demo feels dense, players might buy into it more.

San Bernardino is a big plus to Southern California. It allow LA to have more unique things in the area if San Bernardino gets the basics like Walmart, Home Store and Charged. LA can bring newer depot to make LA pop a little. An Ikea parody would be great but don't stop there.
Calibuddy99

#4039 Post by Calibuddy99 » 02 Apr 2023 02:21

Yes, I'd rather see them add Chico than another city any day. And I do like the idea of introducing south avenue as the connection to 99. I've said a few times that I'm working on a mod for the game, and I still don't like that weigh station. So, I think that SCS should add in CA-36 into the game as well, and I mean the rest of the section from CA-44 to I-5 at least. Red Bluff doesn't have to exist in the game, and it could be a scenery town and any companies could be considered as part of Chico or Redding. But I think that maybe at least adding the I-5 and CA-36 junction would be a good thing to do, because although they can use South ave since it's there, it is a bit odd to not at least feature the last section of CA-99 from South Ave to Red Bluff. So at the very least they should feature the junction in replacement of the weigh station. The reason I'd want at least that interchange is because I want to see CA-32 from I-5 to CA-36. And that would require extending CA-36. And if they are extending CA-36 to CA-32, then they may as well add the rest of CA-36 to Red Bluff. Like I said, the city doesn't need to be there, and it could be made as a scenery town. But that interchange would be necessary assuming SCS would make CA-32 in the game to CA-36. And then it would be even more dense, even though it's just more roads. I just think that if they add Chico, they should just get rid of the weigh station, and add the interchange there, even if they mark it as CA-99 and not CA-36. I also say move that rest stop on I-5 just north of Dunnigan or whatever that area is called a bit further south, and add Orland in as well. The game doesn't need all of this, I would just like to see this in the game along with stuff such as Chico. Although even without my own idea, it is still fine. I just really hate that weigh station. I would just like it to be removed from the game as it's not really necessary, even if they don't add the rest of CA-36 and other stuff. However, if there's something they do need to add if they add Chico, it the hill on CA-32 eastbound just before it starts curving around where the mountains start. If they don't at least make it visible, I'd be really angry.
Nothing to say here anymore.
flight50

#4040 Post by flight50 » 02 Apr 2023 03:44

The problem with the last section of CA-99 is they must create Red Bluff. You say the city doesn't have to be there but then you contradict and say it can be scenic. Scenic or marked.........it would be there. They can't just make that junction and have no Red Bluff. That's the reason I mention to use South Ave, its already there without modifying I-5.

Return to “General discussion about the game”