Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 305

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

#611 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Apr 2023 17:05

Hungary isnt needed to get into the new DLC, you get there from Austria or Italy, i doubt SCS will rework 1 country in a DLC and then go back to basemap
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#612 Post by flight50 » 01 Apr 2023 17:13

I never said Hungary was needed to get into either Balkans dlc. I'm solely speaking of surrounding the newer dlc with equal quality mapping to finish out Southern Europe. Greece comes when it comes. Going East is just as bad as the base map. Most everyone that has been playing ETS2 for years, surely wouldn't mind having Hungary updated. To me, it doesn't matter if its base map or dlc, its all bad. The vast majority of people have Going East see it as an extension of the base map. Just as most people bought New Mexico in ATS to get to Texas, Going East is needed to get to Romania. West Balkans isn't here yet. Some might not even buy WB...or at least not right away. Money seems to be tough for most people since covid. The first dlc will always be closer to base map than newer dlc's.

Whatever route they go, they'll work it until it all gets updated.
xXCARL1992Xx

#613 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Apr 2023 17:27

the core of the map is almost 15 years old (Germany + Austra and UK were made in 2010), they should finish the basemap first before going and reworking the DLCs, after Switzerland they have Benelux and the UK and the basemap is done with complete countries, then they can go Going East and start with Poland and Czech Republic because they boarder Germany, after that they can do Slovakia or Hungary next

just because we will get Western Balkans now doesnt men they have to let the basemap rot even more then it already is, Going East is just marginally better but doesnt warant to stray from the original goal to update the base game first, parts of Italy and France already got a semi rework and can wait a bit longer, so can Going East wait a bit because with Western Balkans coming it can be avoided completely, until they finish the base map off so people who buy the game dont have to see the relics of the past

in regards to rework "strategy" (if it can be called that) Hungary is unimportant with the next DLC not to far off, hopefully, and if the team grows, like Pavel wants because of the UK they could even takle 2 countreis in the DLC if possible
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#614 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Apr 2023 19:23

I wouldn't say Hungary is unimportant because if it was in high quality, it would greatly improve the value offered by WB and especially RttBS. Benelux is older but right now it only connects semi-old France with semi-old Germany. Maybe 1.48 brings some northwest German cities but then we still have northeast France which isn't great. To me it just shouldn't be as high priority as Hungary.

I am curious what the data is in terms of, do many people have just ETS2? Or do most people who are starting out get both ETS2 and Going East? If it's mostly just ETS2 for new players, then Benelux would be more important in terms of selling people on future DLCs. But if it's the latter, then maybe SCS can rethink their stated goal of doing the base map before Going East. IDK.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
xXCARL1992Xx

#615 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Apr 2023 19:29

Christmas Event has times and again shown that the basemap was the first to complete cities, so it can be said with certainty that the basegame soled much more and i bet mostly because of TMP and all the children driving Duisburg > Calais and rebuying the game if they got banned, SteamDB cant be really used for estimates because they tell one that ETS2 alone soled as much as ETS2 and ATS soled combined
[ external image ]
ninjawarrior1x3

#616 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 02 Apr 2023 08:59

After flying around in the devcam in Trieste and Slovenia, I can tell you that everything there is so tightly packed that some roads are overlapping with the scenery of another place. The position of the port of Trieste leaves the Italian A4 being a bit too far north and heading towards the scenic town of Udine instead of the interchange where it's supposed to enter. Unless they can bend the A4 enough so it can squeeze through the gap between Udine and Trieste, then perhaps the A23 could be moved a bit further west to allow more breathing room for the A4 as well as the Trieste/Koper area as a whole. This would also be a good opportunity to rework that road anyway. (Although again, I don't work for SCS, so idk if they are thinking to take that approach or if they are able to fit the A4 in some way)
Shiva

#617 Post by Shiva » 02 Apr 2023 12:19

ninjawarrior1x3, I think that SCS might redo the Udine, well Palmanova, intersection A4/A23 and surroundings.
That way it will be possible to connect A4/A23 with Trieste.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
tomprice98

#618 Post by tomprice98 » 02 Apr 2023 15:50

The most important country left to be reworked really is Poland. I wouldn't be surprised if Poland is the first Going East country to be reworked, but as others have said this probably won't happen until Benelux and UK have been done (possibly northern Italy and Eastern France too).

My personal preference after Switzerland & German cities, disregarding that SCS said base map will be done first, would be:

1. Poland
2. German rural roads
3. Czechia
4. Northern Italy
5. Hungary
6. Slovakia
7. Eastern France
8. Benelux
9. UK
ninjawarrior1x3

#619 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 02 Apr 2023 16:25

Here's my list (excluding Switzerland & Germany, because they're already under development):
1. Northern Italy (parts of this area are already being touched on, but it would be nice if Turin, Verona, Venice and South Tyrol would also get reworked as well)
2. Northeastern France (some of the roads are old and inaccurate)
3. Benelux (perhaps alongside Northeastern France and the Rhine-Ruhr reworks)
4. Czechia (most of it is in the base game)
5. Hungary (important for connections to the 2 Balkan DLCs)
6. Slovakia
7. Poland (the largest country on the list, and thus would take up a bunch of time and resources. Important for connections to Baltic and possible future Belarus/Ukraine DLCs).
8. UK (the country with the most cities, so again, lots of time and resources required. Required for the addition of Ireland).

By the time we get to Poland and the UK, the (South) Scandinavia DLC might start to really show its age (depending on how the North Scandinavia DLC fares) and therefore might require some sprucing up later down the road. But, we'll get there when we get there. In fact, I personally don't mind if SCS does the UK rework earlier, but there's just so many countries which need a rework just as much as the UK does that it will be inevitable that some countries will be seen as a relic of old times for a good few more years.
Marcello Julio

#620 Post by Marcello Julio » 02 Apr 2023 16:35

I would choose the Czech Republic as the next country after Switzerland. I think it's fairer, mainly because it's the SCS home. As a second parallel rework, Northern Italy would be great. Excluding Milano, the other cities in Northern Italy are precarious.

Return to “General discussion about the game”