Very Happy with customization of PC controls

Hechicera

Very Happy with customization of PC controls

#1 Post by Hechicera » 29 May 2023 02:52

I'm older and have an issue with nerve control in both thumbs and both small fingers, and can't really use my legs without pain enough to even do real driving for long anymore. So the fancy driving wheel controls are out. I can't even use controllers (thumbs!) so really almost all analog type control is out. I was worried I would not be able to even play the game with, basically, the three big fingers only on both hands, and just the keyboard and mouse. So far my only feed back was in finding some configuration bugs, so I wanted to post this.

I can get the game to work well. And I had some experience driving big awkward trailers! Just a farmer, and farm kid, so no pro license, just what farm equipment was legal locally and on the farm. I did some light load (under license weight requirement in US) of regional deliveries. I also did yard work moving boats around and in/out of the water for a relative with a boat dealership when they realized I could do that work. So using just "simple auto" was not satisfying. It was a start though. But! I can use real auto and switch to gears when I want. If I need creeper, I have creeper. I can engine brake as part of cruise control, or manually do it as needed. I can trailer brake. I can remap all the keys to places I can reach. Other than the mouse, which I can't use over much, I have no analog inputs. But! I can set the sensitivity of things really that should have analog in the configuration to where a key ... works. Not perfect, but it works. So, I'm driving with three working fingers only on each hand using KB&M!

I'm in the US, my husband has family from Europe. He wanted to go there some once we retired. Sadly, my physical condition doesn't make long trips feasible, so this is the closest I'll come to seeing any of Europe. And he watches with me when I drive through the small town they were from. It's there. Since both my grandfather's, and a once cousin were long haul truckers I also find it amusing this is a game I've picked up in retirement too.

Not any games like this work this well with my hand limits now, and I do appreciate that.
tinusman

Re: Very Happy with customization of PC controls

#2 Post by tinusman » 29 May 2023 05:07

Nice to read you manage...
wish you the best with your health
And drive save.
Hechicera

Re: Very Happy with customization of PC controls

#3 Post by Hechicera » 30 May 2023 15:25

You too!

Return to “General discussion about the game”